white house keeps spinning Bin Laden

Can't say I agree with everything Rob said, but in this case I have to admit Obama is coming dangerously close to starting a PR backlash. It's becoming clear he had an elaborate PR campaign mapped out while the body was still warm. You know faux_News is going to be looking to knock him down a few pegs, but this guy is serving up hanging curve balls on a silver platter, such that the media at large/public may turn on him.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me start by saying that I am so pumped that we got Bin Laden. But what is up with all the spinning? How does it go from Bin Laden shielded himself with his wife, and went down shooting, everyone dead- now they say one wife lived, bin laden was unarmed, and he didnt shield himself with his wife. The spokes person said that we wanted to take him alive, but the fact that Bin Laden went down shooting gave them no chance to take him. What the !@#$ is going on? They are lying threw their teeth. The night the news broke Fox had a story online that Bin Laden was killed a week ago by a drone, and they were waiting a week for DNA confirmation. What the !@#$? Can't the government be straight with us?

How does this make America look to the rest of the world?

They lied about Jessica Lynch. And they lied about Pat Tillman. Stop the propaganda and be straight with us

Memo to terrorists: "If you kill us, we will kill you back."

Here's the sister of the pilot of Flight 77 (the one that hit the Pentagon).

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/05/obama-turns-sister-11-victim-requesting-end-cia-probe/

Surprising amount of backbone from him.

Can't say I disagree with him, either...were I in his place, I wouldn't want to be "The Guy" that interferes with AG investigations. Of course, were I in his place, I'd have the Presidential Pardons already drafted, too...

Another odd item: they say OBL didn't get capped until the final 5 minutes of a 40 minute shoot out. After initially disclosing he had a weapon, they retracted and said he had none. Question: how could OBL not be armed knowing there was a shootout taking place wherein he was the ultimate target, given 35 minutes to prepare? If the time and status of his armement is now accurate, I can only think of a) he was praying knowing the end was near or b) he had decided to surrender, and they capped him anyway.

Apparently UBL's daughter said that he was "arrested" and taken away, not killed, which if true leads me to believe they decided later it would be best if they killed him and then dumped his body in the sea (although it wouldn't surprise me to learn they actually kept it) because it would have caused too many problems to bring him to trial and/or bury him, which would have made his gravesite a Mecca, of sorts. Again, it doesn't matter how or when they killed him, so long as he's someone's food (in this case, the fishes').

To me, this flip-flopping sounds like Barry doing his best George Lucas-Star Wars Episode Four Special Edition "BinLado shot first" rewrite. Except this ain't Hollywood.

Edited by Doc

Apparently UBL's daughter said that he was "arrested" and taken away, not killed, which if true leads me to believe they decided later it would be best if they killed him and then dumped his body in the sea (although it wouldn't surprise me to learn they actually kept it) because it would have caused too many problems to bring him to trial and/or bury him, which would have made his gravesite a Mecca, of sorts. Again, it doesn't matter how or when they killed him, so long as he's someone's food (in this case, the fishes').

To me, this flip-flopping sounds like Barry doing his best George Lucas-Star Wars Episode Four Special Edition "BinLado shot first" rewrite. Except this ain't Hollywood.

Sounds more to me like they rushed to make too many details public before they got all the info, and now they're in "damage control" mode - which is incredibly stupid, since there wasn't all that much damage to control to begin with. Y'know...like how they released a birth certificate to defuse a non-issue that few people paid much attention to anyway...

Never credit to endless cleverness what can be explained by simple stupidity.

@doc really can u post a link? id read a 12 yr old daughter told Paki authorities she saw them capture an unarmed obl. shoot him and then haul him away. In any case sounds like it was execution style. Perhaps the image will reveal that and its why they won't release it. Them still having the body would be one massive bomb shell. But who knows what to believe from them since they've lost so much credibility? Does sound a little fishy that in a matter of hours they managed to kill him. Fly back to afghan, perform forensic work and photo the body, get him on a plane, fly a not insiginicant distance to the arabian sea, unload him, have a Muslim cleric perform rights in the middle of the night on a carrier and then dump him in the ocean in a bag that would sink.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Sounds more to me like they rushed to make too many details public before they got all the info, and now they're in "damage control" mode - which is incredibly stupid, since there wasn't all that much damage to control to begin with. Y'know...like how they released a birth certificate to defuse a non-issue that few people paid much attention to anyway...

Never credit to endless cleverness what can be explained by simple stupidity.

Right...there are also now more leaks on this story than there aren't. Total amateur hour.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/05/official-1-killed-bin-laden-raid-armed-firing/

Sources involved in the operation that took down Usama bin Laden told Fox News the terrorist leader acted "scared" and "completely confused" in his final moments, "shoving his wife" at the Navy SEAL who ultimately shot him.

Another source familiar with the operation said the first shot fired at bin Laden, when he poked his head out of his bedroom, missed. That detail was first revealed by Sen. Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga., based on information he got during a classified briefing to members of Congress. Afterward, two different SEALs fired on bin Laden, one hitting his chest and one hitting his forehead.

It was a clear-cut victory for Barry, and he still managed to F it up. <_<

As for producing the birth certificate, initially to me it seemed like that was Barry responding to Trump, who was vocal about the issue and gaining a lot of air-time. That was solidified for me with him roasting Trump at the Correspondents Dinner.

@doc really can u post a link? id read a 12 yr old daughter told Paki authorities she saw them capture an unarmed obl. shoot him and then haul him away. In any case sounds like it was execution style. Perhaps the image will reveal that and its why they won't release it. Them still having the body would be one massive bomb shell. But who knows what to believe from them since they've lost so much credibility? Does sound a little fishy that in a matter of hours they managed to kill him. Fly back to afghan, perform forensic work and photo the body, get him on a plane, fly a not insiginicant distance to the arabian sea, unload him, have a Muslim cleric perform rights in the middle of the night on a carrier and then dump him in the ocean in a bag that would sink.

I don't remember where I read it. Not that it matters. The girl might have "mis-remembered" what she thought she saw in the "fog of war."

That detail was first revealed by Sen. Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga., based on information he got during a classified briefing to members of Congress.

Seriously? Hey, Chambliss, what the **** do you think "CLASSIFIED BRIEFING" means, you !@#$tard? Jesus H. !@#$ing Christ on a pony... :wallbash:

That's not how I understood it. OBL's daughter saw her father get shot on the third floor and was dragged away, still alive, and then killed execution style in front of his family on the first floor.

Either way, I'm happy the guy is gone. He got what he deserved.

Edited by b.harami98

That's not how I understood it. OBL's daughter saw her father get shot on the third floor and was dragged away, still alive, and then killed execution style in front of his family on the first floor.

I'm cool with that.

So now were going to take the word of the daughter of the man who wanted to destroy the US? :doh:

So now were going to take the word of the daughter of the man who wanted to destroy the US? :doh:

Al Qaeda themselves confirmed bin Laden's assassination.

Sadly, many Americans will believe that over their government's word.

But of course it was an assassination. An unarmed man shot 40 times would support that.

Who gives a damn? Bin Laden was an animal and desrved to be put down like one. My only regret is we didn't keep the body to drag it through the streets of New York.

Who gives a damn? Bin Laden was an animal and desrved to be put down like one. My only regret is we didn't keep the body to drag it through the streets of New York.

WWJD?

execution style I don't doubt. Deliberately in front of the family I both doubt and would have a problem with. Seals orders were shoot to kill don't bring back alive. Us would have had ongoing pr issues with him in jail and faced an outcry if he were then executed. But I doubt the seals would be so cruel as to waste precious time doing it in front of his family. The children and wives were a victim of circumstance. I read for example the wife in the room was sold to bin laden by her yemeni family for $5k when she was 14.

On another matter they're saying there was no gunfight and at most only one of the dead was armed. That obl was so light on security tells me they were counting on Paki military to intervene on his behalf in the event of attack. They figured it was better to take their chances on them vs heavily arming the compound which would draw attention to it.

execution style I don't doubt. Deliberately in front of the family I both doubt and would have a problem with. Seals orders were shoot to kill don't bring back alive. Us would have had ongoing pr issues with him in jail and faced an outcry if he were then executed. But I doubt the seals would be so cruel as to waste precious time doing it in front of his family. The children and wives were a victim of circumstance. I read for example the wife in the room was sold to bin laden by her yemeni family for $5k when she was 14.

On another matter they're saying there was no gunfight and at most only one of the dead was armed. That obl was so light on security tells me they were counting on Paki military to intervene on his behalf in the event of attack. They figured it was better to take their chances on them vs heavily arming the compound which would draw attention to it.

You are so full of **** it's hilarious. How would you know what the SEAL's orders were? How do you know bin Laden had a security arrangement with the Pakistani Army? :lol: