white house keeps spinning Bin Laden

Is it possible to process DNA in less than 24 hours? I didn't think it was. I could be wrong though. I don't really know.

It probably depends. With the right prep time and materials I wouldn't be surprised if you could significantly reduce the time for an ID. I suppose it's theoretically possible (though I have no idea if currently practical) that given enough prep time and the right materials you could create some sort of a "field test kit", whereby you could rapidly match given DNA against a predetermined sample. Plus, I do know that there's certain genetic methods (e.g. PCR) that can be used to rapidly duplicate and identify DNA...but I have no idea how practical those are in a forensic setting.

Bottom line: it's probably possible. Whether it actually exists or is still in the realm of science fiction, I don't know.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It probably depends. With the right prep time and materials I wouldn't be surprised if you could significantly reduce the time for an ID. I suppose it's theoretically possible (though I have no idea if currently practical) that given enough prep time and the right materials you could create some sort of a "field test kit", whereby you could rapidly match given DNA against a predetermined sample. Plus, I do know that there's certain genetic methods (e.g. PCR) that can be used to rapidly duplicate and identify DNA...but I have no idea how practical those are in a forensic setting.

Bottom line: it's probably possible. Whether it actually exists or is still in the realm of science fiction, I don't know.

Come on man. I heard it was done on 24 in about 6 minutes. So wait that equates to six weeks. :unsure:

The subject relates to how our government communicates with its citizens. It's a somewhat sophisticated discussion covering what the government thinks people want to hear, how they release information and then how they maneuver to modify the story to fit the scrutiny of logic and emerging information more factual in nature. There's also a "whodunnit" intrique. Ultimately we are seeking the truth for truth's sake, and what that tells us about ourselves as a people.

Based entirely on the idea that "The Government" is some monolithic organized force that can focus its entire attention on delivering a consistent message - true or false - to the people. When in reality, you get a necessarily incomplete real-time mission report from SEALs sent through CENTCOM to the CIA and forwarded to the White House, who immediately goes public with it, and somehow you (specifically) see this as some sort of grandiose organized lie.

The government isn't some massively organized hive-mind that can plan and execute any sort of massive fraud. It's a shockingly fragmented collection of little fiefdoms vying for power, attention, and money, none of whom can or want to coherently converse with anyone else, and taken as a whole have the collective commuications ability of a carrot. In short, the government's only slightly less retarded than you are.

Really, you need to get out into the real world. Things are not nearly as clear-cut in reality as they seem in your isolated little shack in the woods.

Thanks Tom. even though I didn't understand a single thing you said, I appreciate your response. LOL. I really wasn't going down the conspiracy road, it's just I'm an idiot. :thumbsup:

Thanks Tom. even though I didn't understand a single thing you said, I appreciate your response. LOL. I really wasn't going down the conspiracy road, it's just I'm an idiot. :thumbsup:

You do realize everything he posts here he just makes up right?

Based entirely on the idea that "The Government" is some monolithic organized force that can focus its entire attention on delivering a consistent message - true or false - to the people. When in reality, you get a necessarily incomplete real-time mission report from SEALs sent through CENTCOM to the CIA and forwarded to the White House, who immediately goes public with it, and somehow you (specifically) see this as some sort of grandiose organized lie.

The government isn't some massively organized hive-mind that can plan and execute any sort of massive fraud. It's a shockingly fragmented collection of little fiefdoms vying for power, attention, and money, none of whom can or want to coherently converse with anyone else, and taken as a whole have the collective commuications ability of a carrot. In short, the government's only slightly less retarded than you are.

Really, you need to get out into the real world. Things are not nearly as clear-cut in reality as they seem in your isolated little shack in the woods.

Since I acknowledged innefficiencies as a contributing factor to the innacuracies in this previous post

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/129973-white-house-keeps-spinning-bin-laden/page__view__findpost__p__2158648

by starting with "based entirely on the idea .... blah blah" your entire post is therefore invalid and not worth reading. Lol ... yet again, what a maroon! You are surely a masochist as no normal person would keep returning for this continual undressing! LOL

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Since I acknowledged innefficiencies as a contributing factor to the innacuracies in this previos post

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/129973-white-house-keeps-spinning-bin-laden/page__view__findpost__p__2158648

by starting with "based entirely on the idea .... blah blah" your entire post is therefore invalid and not worth reading. Lol ... yet again, what a maroon! You are surely a masochist as no normal person would keep returning for this continual undressing! LOL

As opposed to where you said "It's a somewhat sophisticated discussion covering what the government thinks people want to hear, how they release information and then how they maneuver to modify the story to fit the scrutiny of logic and emerging information more factual in nature".

So which is it? Monolithically, endlessly manipulative? Or incompetent?

You don't have to answer that, it's a rhetorical question, intended to give the rest of us yet one more reason to laugh at you.

lol so according to you use of the common word "government" is irrecoverably tied to "monolith, single actor, conspiracy, blah blah" at all times. Even in instances where that person has acknowledged bureaucratic innefficiencies ... lol, you've earned "double maroon" status this time! well at least now that you're completely dressed down you can get ready for bed ... lol!

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

One of these days I really am going to make up a realistic-sounding line of total BS here, just to see who buys it.

:unsure: You mean you haven't yet. What the !@#$ is wrong with you? I've been doing that for years. Twenty minutes to make retatta? Who the !@#$ was I kidding?

lol so according to you use of the common word "government" is irrecoverably tied to "monolith, single actor, conspiracy, blah blah" at all times. Even in instances where that person has acknowledged bureaucratic innefficiencies ... lol, you've earned "double maroon" status this time! well at least now that you're completely dressed down you can get ready for bed ... lol!

ok then what's your definition of government in this instance?

One of these days I really am going to make up a realistic-sounding line of total BS here, just to see who buys it.

Just make up a load of BS and cover yourself 6 times in one paragraph.

Bet it is possible to do it in less than a day...

Apparently it is

News to me.

We offer the fastest DNA paternity testing anywhere. Need results the same day? We must know your samples are arriving before 9:30 am so we can hold up the early morning PCR (DNA amplification). Your results will be out the same day.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

Apparently it is

News to me.

Just got a funny image of Kent Dorfman showing up at the DNA lab with Bin Laden's ear, "Uhm, can you please turn this around for me in under twelve hours?"

Edited by GG

Yeap pilot error.

The next fishy smell on the agenda is why they won't release OBL's photo. Obamas saying it's because he's not a trophy when in fact that's exactly how he's been treating it.

Real reason I'm guessig is photos will show him to have been shot excessively in the head and chest. Think sonny in the godfather. This causes problems because its become clear he was unarmed (which in itself contradicts initial reports).

I think they don't want people to see the scales under the fake human skin.

Is the Bin Laden story now replacing Obama's birth certificate? Pretty pathetic.

They will use anything to distract the voters from our real problems.