white house keeps spinning Bin Laden

Actually since they said the burial happened in the dark and the timeline had him shot around midnight, you're only looking at around a 6 hour window. Maybe im doing the Paki time conversion improperly, but using reported EDT around 3 pm and the first we heard of obama's impending address to the nation around 10, that's a 7 hour window. So let's say it was somewhere between 5 to 8 hours, not much time to pull it all off. And a lot less than the 24 hr time frame you goobers keep referencing.

I haven't seen any reports of WHICH ocean/sea he was dumped into. I'd guess that it was Persian Gulf or Indian Ocean, but they'd've easily been able to dump him someplace further away.

If they have identified which crabs he is now feeding, my bad.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen any reports of WHICH ocean/sea he was dumped into. I'd guess that it was Persian Gulf or Indian Ocean, but they'd've easily been able to dump him someplace further away.

If they have identified which crabs he is now feeding, my bad.

He was reported buried off the USS Carl Vinson, which has been in the North Arabian Sea this year.

" ... aviation sources close to the operation advise that the stealth helicopter crashed due to a brown out. In essence, as the helicopter approached, with the pilot utilizing night vision goggles, the dust and the dirt of the compound created an atmosphere which caused the pilot to set down the helicopter on the wall. After the helicopter crashed, a front portion, the cockpit area, was blown up by special operations SEALS while they were departing with bin Laden’s body. "

" ... aviation sources close to the operation advise that the stealth helicopter crashed due to a brown out. In essence, as the helicopter approached, with the pilot utilizing night vision goggles, the dust and the dirt of the compound created an atmosphere which caused the pilot to set down the helicopter on the wall. After the helicopter crashed, a front portion, the cockpit area, was blown up by special operations SEALS while they were departing with bin Laden’s body. "

Oh, okay, we'll just take your word for it.

It probably depends. With the right prep time and materials I wouldn't be surprised if you could significantly reduce the time for an ID. I suppose it's theoretically possible (though I have no idea if currently practical) that given enough prep time and the right materials you could create some sort of a "field test kit", whereby you could rapidly match given DNA against a predetermined sample. Plus, I do know that there's certain genetic methods (e.g. PCR) that can be used to rapidly duplicate and identify DNA...but I have no idea how practical those are in a forensic setting.

Bottom line: it's probably possible. Whether it actually exists or is still in the realm of science fiction, I don't know.

Sorry, this is a little in the day....

From "Who Shot Mr. Burns? (Part II)"

Professor Frink: "Whoa, hey there, DNA testing takes 6 to 8 weeks.... [Chief Wiggum hands Frink a big bag of money]. Did I say weeks? 'Cause I meant seconds."