About the Not drafting a QB...

Why? every QB in this draft came with a huge question mark...and not one was gonna start for us this year anyway i'd rather pass on a QB to add a defensive or special-teams player...rather than a clipboard holder....

Next year is the year of the QB.

Just as there were multi-Super Bowl winners from the '04 class (Manning and Roeth..)and another good QB in Rivers, the 2012 draft class will be similar or better in terms of results and production.

Luck, Jones, Barkley, Cousins and Foles.

Lol, everyone says this after every draft. Last year everyone one said not to take a QB because this years was so deep...then this year gets here and Bills fan say thy all suck again and next years better.

Lol, everyone says this after every draft. Last year everyone one said not to take a QB because this years was so deep...then this year gets here and Bills fan say thy all suck again and next years better.

This thread reminds my of the sign at Red Lobster that says "FREE LOBSTER TOMORROW"

Next year is the year of the QB.

Just as there were multi-Super Bowl winners from the '04 class (Manning and Roeth..)and another good QB in Rivers, the 2012 draft class will be similar or better in terms of results and production.

Luck, Jones, Barkley, Cousins and Foles.

Luck, #1 overall, Jones, I heard he is only about 6 foot, likely will hurt him during the draft process, but I agree he is good, Cousin - meh, Foles - good luck with him at this point.

that sure does seem to be the case. It wasnt true at this time last year (at the time almost no one even knew who Gabbert was, and they deffinately hadnt heard about Newton), but that its true this year. The only thing is there is not going to be 4 QBs go in the top 12.

I thought I'd be really PO'd if the Bills did not draft a QB. Gotta say it doesn't really bother me. I love Fitz and as long as he's healthy he's much better than any rook. As for long term, I also think they can get their guy in the next draft. Lot's of teams that were in the market for a QB took one this year. Some pretty talented QB's are behind Luck. Has anyone seen the numbers on Landry Jones? Jeez, i had no idea they were chucking it around like that at Oklahoma. Are they running a gimmick offense? His numbers last year dwarfed everyone else including Cam and Gabbert. Interesting prospect.

Why? every QB in this draft came with a huge question mark...and not one was gonna start for us this year anyway i'd rather pass on a QB to add a defensive or special-teams player...rather than a clipboard holder....

I have no qualms with them not drafting a QB. With what they did this year in the draft I think they can take their time.

Other than needing a good RT the problems with most of the games they lost last year was the defense couldn't stop anything.

This time last year indeed this year was supposed to be a bumper crop. We may not have known who Cam and Blaine were, but there supposed to be Luck, Mullet, Ponder, Locker, ... They were ALL going to be great. Just like right now Barkley, Luck, Pryor etc. are going to be great.

I'm glad we didn't take a QB. ALL of the ones in the draft this year were all risky projects. Heaven help Minnesota and Tennesee if they really want to star Ponder and Locker. :rolleyes:

We'll find a good QB somewhere. You don't have to draft one necessarily. Saints didn't draft theirs and won SB. Cardinals tried to develop their own guy (Leinert) and then said f$ck it and went with FA Kurt Warner and got to SB. Bucs tried to develop their own guy (Shaun Hill) and finally said f$ck it and went with FA Brad Johnson to a SB win. Panthers went to SB with QB they didn't draft as did Seahawks. Ravens picked up a FA in the middle of season and won SB (with great D too).

Several of these teams built up the whole team first and added QB late in the process.

Troy Aikman is the last QB that was picked with the number 1 pick and took his team to SB win.

So relax on the "franchise QB" thing a little. Continue to build up the team and when a good QB pops up that you can get, get him.

Edited by reddogblitz

This time last year indeed this year was supposed to be a bumper crop. We may not have know who Cam and Blaine were, but there supposed to be Luck, Mullet, Ponder, Locker, ... They were ALL going to be great. Just like right now Barkley, Luck, Pryor etc. are going to be great.

I'm glad we didn't take a QB. ALL of the ones in the draft this year were all risky projects. Heaven help Minnesota adn Tennesee if they really want to star Ponder and Locker. :rolleyes:

We'll find a good QB somewhere. You don't have to draft one necessarily. Saints didn't draft theirs and won SB. Cardinals tried to develop their own guy (Leinert) and then said f$ck it and went with FA Kurt Warner and got to SB. Bucs tried to develop their own guy (Shaun Hill) and finally said f$ck and went with FA Brad Johnson to a SB win. Panthers when to SB with QB they didn't draft as did Seahawks. Ravens picked up a FA in the middle of season and won SB (with great D too).

Several of these teams built up the whole team first and added QB late in the process.

Troy Aikman is the last QB that was picked with the number 1 pick and took his team to SB win.

So relax on the "franchise QB" thing a little. Continue to build up the team and when a good QB pops up that you can get, get him.

I don't diagree with your point but Peyton and Eli Manning disagree with the bolded

I don't diagree with your point but Peyton and Eli Manning disagree with the bolded

Eli was drafted by Chargers at #1, not Giants. I should have said the team that drafted him. That's what I meant. OK, Peyton Manning. I stand corrected. But I'm thinking Troy and Peyton are the only 2 since 1988.

Chan and Buddy have a plan and are executing it the right way. We as fans can only trust that it will lead to success. There is still free agency and a CBA to be ironed out as well as another season (hopefully) to continue to evaluate players and find out where we stand before next years draft.

I agree that they still need to get another good Offensive Tackle as well as another QB or two somewhere this year, and I believe that they will, but mark my words, they will take a QB in the first round next year.

I wonder how Terrell Pryor will grade out.

I was in Columbus & the folks of the town any one i talked to any way said the kid thinks he is gods gift to the NFL the chosen one & they can't stand him .

If that said one thing to me it said he's not a Bills type player that we would want here !!

Well if guys like Dalton and Kaepernick can go at the top of the 2nd round then Pryor should go #1 and be nominated to the Hall of Fame on the same night.

Imo, They're both MUCH better QBs than Pryor.