What would you give up to get Luck in next years draft

jkx2

If we are assuming the team at #1 doesnt want him then we are only competeing with other teams that are willing to move up, so we would only have to give up slightly more than the next guy to get him. My guess is the Dolphins are going to be very much in this hypothetical scenario. I would give up every pick in the next two drafts plus to get him on the Bills AND keep off the Dolphins if thats what it took.

Besides our best players are our undrafted palyers.

LOL, I love that this was starting a few weeks ago and is really starting to take off.

"Next year's QBs are way better"

-TBD Posters, 2011..

-and 2010...

-and 2009...

-and 2008...

it wasnt true last offseason but it is this one. Gotta see the forrest throught he trees here.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year, people fall in love with new QBs. Next year will be no different. No need to mortgage the farm trading up for Luck when there could be another franchise QB where we pick.

:worthy: Jimmy Clausen is going to be a superstar as soon as he steps on an NFL field ... we have to draft him. He is the next combination of Brady-Manning-Namath-Unitas-Bradshaw all in one amazing SUPER STAR ... if the Bills let him pass by in the draft then some other team will be on its way to the SUPER BOWL with a quarterback guaranteed to succeed ... look at how he played for the Fighting Irish ... we just have to draft him ... instant home run!!!

If that stupid Modrak doesn't figure out that Claussen is the answer we will be left watching Claussen lead some other team to SUPER BOWL 2011 ... I just know it ... it's a fact ... he is THE PERFECT QUARTERBACK ... I'd trade our next 3 first rounders to get him!!!!

:oops: I guess we had some quarterback dreamers last year who got it wrong ... and maybe, just maybe ... Mr. Luck will be just like Mr. Claussen (although, I am laughing that some on this board are suggesting we trade some future draft picks to get Claussen now that he has failed with Carolina ...).

So many college star quarterbacks drafted early never make it. Let's see how he does in 2011 and more importantly, let's see how are Bills do now that we have some players who might stop the run and cover tight ends. We just might be able to put up some wins that get us to the playoffs ...

The only teams that will have a chance at Luck will be a- the team that finishes with the worst record or b- a team with 2 1st round picks and a lot of other higher picks. Scenario B, of course would only work if the team that finishes last already has a QB that they like and have a lot of money invested in (say the Panthers, Rams, Jaguars, Vikings, Titans, etc.).

Since I don't see the Bills finishing 2-14 and since I know they don't have 2 #1's next year, I'd say it'll be nearly impossible for them to land Luck. The Patriots and Browns on the other hand put themselves in a slight position to land him by picking up an additional #1 in 2012. I really think the Browns moved down this year with Andrew Luck in mind.

I am not sure I would give anything up until:

We know how Harbaugh's absence affects his play

We know he has not torn up a knee or destroyed his throwing shoulder

We know he has not already peaked and stayed a year too long like Jake Locker

We know where we finish and where we will be drafting

So right now, solidly a seventh round pick in the 2015 draft.

LOL, I love that this was starting a few weeks ago and is really starting to take off.

-TBD Posters, 2011..

-and 2010...

-and 2009...

-and 2008...

If there's one thing about the draft that i've learned over the years, its that next year's QB class is always better than this years.

Plus, next year with the 32nd overall pick, Nix and Chan are going to pick EJ Manuel, who's going to declare early after winning the BCS championship.

-TBD Posters, 2011..

-and 2010...

-and 2009...

-and 2008...

To be fair I've been saying the same thing for awhile dating back to last college football season. Landry Jones the talk around him is that he's every bit as good as Bradford was when he came out. He's got the size and the #'s to back up the hype around him. He'll be in discussion for the top overall pick. Matt Barkley is a talented prospect, who plays in a pro style offense, with a good feel for the game, and a good arm, and has gotten better both years he's played. I don't flip flip on my qb stances. Top overall/top 5 picks. If we're picking a top 5 qb I'd almost prefer the guy to be as good as Phillip Rivers, or I'd pass. I see Landry Jones and Luck on that level. Barkley is better than the likes of Gabbert/Locker/Kaepernick/Dalton.

If there's one thing about the draft that i've learned over the years, its that next year's QB class is always better than this years.

Plus, next year with the 32nd overall pick, Nix and Chan are going to pick EJ Manuel, who's going to declare early after winning the BCS championship.

:thumbsup:

I love that you've got us picking #32, Ramius - but that would mean that Fitz is gonna suit us just fine while we wait a few more years for...

The Second Coming

(Maybe by that time Uncle Jim will even join the Bills' coaching staff to help out his nephew?)

BTW, the Okahoma Sooners will win the BCS title, making Landry Jones the QB-du-jour, and Andy Luck may be there for the taking whenever the Bills turn to pick comes!

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator

With filling many holes in the defense in this years draft. Lets say a the team with the #1 pick in the 2012 draft has a QB already and wants to trade out. What would you give up to get Luck who looks to be the most gifted QB coming out of college since Elway. Would you go so far as Ditka did to get Ricky Williams? I think I would have to give it serious thought.

Nothing right now...he needs to play next season before we can determine his worth. Everyone said Leinart, Brohm, Locker, etc would all be top QB in the draft, if not the #1 overall...then they went back to school and that all changed.

Take a look at Locker...last year, everyone was bummed he stayed in school. This board was ripe with these same threads about how we could trade up to get Locker the next year or hope to get the #1 pick so we could get Locker.

What happened? He went back to school, had a less than stellar year, and his stock falls. All the fans here who drooled about Locker and hoped we could get a high enough pick to get him (which we did) no longer wanted him and hated on him all off season.

Now you have Luck going back to school, has a new HC and a new OC, and is on a team that isnt exactly loaded with offensive talent. There is a strong possibility he may not even be the top QB in the draft next year. Hell, look who took the top spot from Locker this year...a guy no one ever heard of at this time last year.

Edited by Alphadawg7