The key for Rd 2

Hplarrm

People really want another DL? Yes, we need to stop the run, but you can't play 6 DL at a time. We have Dareus, williams, troupe, carrington, Edwards already. I pray we don't take another DL. Not with our holes at Lb, RT, TE and even qb. I'd take mallet, Dalton or kaepernick than a DE. And I love the DEs that could be available. Bowers may even be there

i really can't see us taking another DL this draft. I fully expect some LB help coming soon... :thumbsup:

I'm REALLY hoping for Rudolph at #34...I think getting the #1 Overall Player (on a lot of Boards) in this Draft in Dareus, then following it up with the #1 TE in the Draft would be an absolute best case scenario in Rounds 1 and 2...But if they took one of the QB's I would not be overly disappointed...I wonder how much Chan is intrigued by Kaepernick's upside...I'd be MUCH more comfortable Drafting him in the 3rd Rd...But lets face it, the way the QB's came off the Board in Rd #1, the chance of CK being there at the top of the 3rd is slim and none...

So anyway...I'm hoping for Rudolph... B-)

I seem to remember a gimpy knee holding back Michael Crabtree 2 years ago.. Just because he's not at full strength doesn't mean he wont have a good NFL career.. Da'quan Bowers is the elite pass-rusher we've been waiting for and it would be stupid if he's under our noses and we don't take him.

I seem to remember a gimpy knee holding back Michael Crabtree 2 years ago.. Just because he's not at full strength doesn't mean he wont have a good NFL career.. Da'quan Bowers is the elite pass-rusher we've been waiting for and it would be stupid if he's under our noses and we don't take him.

Crabtree still plays like he has a gimpy knee

I don't know if we should pass on Stephen Paea.

Strongest player at the combine, plays mean, can't be moved... has intangables like the bad-a$$ Simoan look B-)

With Paea, Kyle, Dareus, and Carrington on the line our linebackers can come in clean for the first time in years - heck, we could actually get away with a 3 or 4 man rush that actually...you know, rushed someone.

I like Ayers, but if the Bills aren't sold on him there is a log-jam of 3rd-4th round LB talent IMO.

Loved the 1st pick - Dareus is a MAN. Just couldn't understand folks wanting us to reach for offense when with our 32nd ranked run defense and pathetic pass rush the offense rarely sees the field.

Best LB's available will be Brooks Reed and Mason Foster.

Best RT will be Marcus Gilbert.

Best QB will be Fitz. :thumbsup:

Astro, question for you:

Nawrocki, of PFW.com has Mason Foster as a 5th round talent. What do you see differently. I believe he'll end up as a 3rd-4th round prospect, but just wanted to get your thoughts on him. 2nd round seems like a reach for him. Where do you guys project Akeem Dent?

if prior to the first round you were told you could have dareus and bowers without trading any extra picks. everyone would have **** the bed. now they dont cause other teams passed?

retarded thinking. take bowers and never look back

The Bills are going to draft OLB Brooks Reed. He fits a need, was a senior, played on the South team with Chan Galley at the Senior Bowl, visited One Bills Drive, and Galley likes him. Article from Bills site Posted Apr 1, 2011.

“He’s had his hand on the ground being a rusher, but he’s probably going to end up either being a pass rush guy or being a stand up linebacker in a 3-4, outside guy,” Gailey said. “His motor is amazing. He has an amazing motor. Every snap he’s going as hard as he can go. You’ve got to give a guy like that a lot of credit. He’s going to play somewhere. I really believe he’ll play somewhere because he’s got the right mindset about how to go after a game

By all means, take Marcell Dareus again! Or something similarly shaped.

sorry, bro...

i mean, i'm all down with it, but fear that only the pentagon has anything like that at it's disposal.

of course, wouldn't hurt to give 'em a call... 0:)

~AS

if prior to the first round you were told you could have dareus and bowers without trading any extra picks. everyone would have **** the bed. now they dont cause other teams passed?

retarded thinking. take bowers and never look back

Careful when you use the word "they" .... because I WOULD **** the bed with glee .... but not before rolling over to my wifes side :pirate:

Guys we dont even have a backup QB right now.....

True, BUT when we trade Maybin straight up for Kolb...

:P

Careful when you use the word "they" .... because I WOULD **** the bed with glee .... but not before rolling over to my wifes side :pirate:

Agreed, and mark my words if we do-do this (see what I did there?) I will go and take a dump, but not in my bed.

EDIT: I just did a double quote and I don't know how I did this, but I want to do it again. DAMN!!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Agreed, and mark my words if we do-do this (see what I did there?) I will go and take a dump, but not in my bed.

Agree with what??? SH****NG the bed, or rolling to my wifes side first? (see what I did there)

All this talk about getting a Back-up QB or another DL is a waist at #34 with so much talent left there..We need guys who can come in and start on day one and help this club, not a QB who will sit the bench, this is why we never make the playoffs, we draft guys who either sit the bench or quit, or are a bust..We got our guy on DL with the 3rd pick, now get Martez Wilson ILB..! Round 3 get Luke Stocker TE or if there is still another good OLB there with value get him. All 3 of those guys would start one day one..! but for Christ sakes stop drafting back-ups..!

Williams

Troupe

Dareous

Merriman

Poz

Wilson

Moats

I'll take that front seven any day..!

Edited by foreplayer

All this talk about getting a Back-up QB or another DL is a waist at #34 with so much talent left there..We need guys who can come in and start on day one and help this club, not a QB who will sit the bench, this is why we never make the playoffs, we draft guys who either sit the bench or quit, or are a bust..We got our guy on DL with the 3rd pick, now get Martez Wilson ILB..! Round 3 get Luke Stocker TE or if there is still another good OLB there with value get him. All 3 of those guys would start one day one..! but for Christ sakes stop drafting back-ups..!

Williams

Troupe

Dareous

Merriman

Poz

Wilson

Moats

I'll take that front seven any day..!

If you are satisfied with that then I am glad you are not the GM.

If you are satisfied with that then I am glad you are not the GM.

I didn't say I was satisfied with that, I said dont take a QB or DL in round 2..I said I would take that any day over what we have. But actually I would be happy with it..You cant draft 11 guys in the first round, unfortunately that's pretty much what we need ( Minus Kyle ).. well 10 now that we picked Dareous.. I'm just saying there is alot of defensive talent still on the board so dont draft a QB that is going to be a back up, or a DL to rotate in a few plays a game, get someone who is going to be on the field every play, that is value at #34 and that guy is Martez Wilson. Thats my opinion and i know others will agree and others will dis agree..

Take the best LB available and by all means avoid the temptation to take a QB!

i totally agree but after listening to phill simms the last 2 weeks tell the whole world that,"if mallett is not a top 10 pick" then i'll quit this business.

he said he has followed him since high school and in high school he said that he knew that kid is going to be a NFL QB.

he also said he is the most NFL ready QB in the draft and everything except his speed is off the charts. he absolutly loves the kid.

so i dont know maybe buddy is pulling a fast one here i just have this feeling they are going to take Mallett if he is there.

if no QB then i say they take either brook reed or sherard the OLB from Pitt.

Take the best LB available and by all means avoid the temptation to take a QB!

I think you have to take Bowers if NE doesn't. Adding both Dareus and Bowers to this DL would be incredible. If not,then I take Brooks. You can stick with the theme and get a decent LB in Round 3.

Sorry, meant Brooks Reed.