All Newton all the time

RichardBag

WOW...pretty Harsh...

Under “negatives” for Cam Newton, Nolan Nawrocki writes, “Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room . . . Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/28/pfw-draft-guide-clobbers-cam-newton/

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WOW...pretty Harsh...

Under “negatives” for Cam Newton, Nolan Nawrocki writes, “Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room . . . Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/28/pfw-draft-guide-clobbers-cam-newton/

When I read that my mouth dropped... WOW!... Who is that guy anyway?

Ok Charlie Manson. You aren't driving me off the cliff with ya. Newton is Garbage. I wonder why it took 14 amazing games to convince you he is worth the number 3 pick and not 2 or 3 games.

Edited by DukeyBomb

I'm concerned about the reports of Newton's on camera/off camera personalities. Hopefully the Bills do their homework in this regard and get to the bottom of it prior to the draft.

If the reports turn out to be much ado about nothing, take him if he is there...

unless they have Gabbert rated higher. :)

WOW...pretty Harsh...

Nawrocki's top rated defensive lineman a couple drafts ago....Aaron Maybin.

Nawrocki is living off the success of Joel Buschbaum. He does a reasonable job sounding like Buschbaum, but his actual evaluations aren't up to par.

Bad News for Newton fans in Buffalo.

The local sports radio show out of Charlotte, NC is saying inside sources have the Panthers taking Newton number 1 overall.

Don't shoot the messenger.

I'm down here too (Charlotte NC) and that's what I keep hearing as well...The Panthers, like the Bills, need someone that is going to bring excitement...The City is really turned off right now...Bringing in Cam would be a HUGE boost for the Team...I would not be surprised at all...Then the Bills take Gabbert at #3 I guess... B-)

I'm down here too (Charlotte NC) and that's what I keep hearing as well...The Panthers, like the Bills, need someone that is going to bring excitement...The City is really turned off right now...Bringing in Cam would be a HUGE boost for the Team...I would not be surprised at all...Then the Bills take Gabbert at #3 I guess... B-)

Then the Bills have a realistic trade down chance. Pick up an extra 2nd and a 5th and trade Gain Blabbert to Arizona and they can still get the guy they want.

Hey if Peterson/AJ green go 4th to Cinci.

You may even be able to trade #5 down for Prince Amakumara/Julio Jones.

A boy can dream . . .

We all choose how we spend our tyme, like say me for instance, I would rather spend it reading this Link than reading what you linked. Which was a POS, lazy, "just collecting a paycheck", drive-by, non-researched, Notepad, rant. Probably submitted via Blackberry as he waited in traffic. It amounts to nothing more than a hatchet job. What confirms this for me, is this little Felser doozy "The flaw I find most disturbing is that he has a poor work ethic." and then procedes to follow it up with no facts or examples of this "poor work ethic"?? C'mon Son!! There are better ways to spend your time and may I suggest the article I linked. And just in case this poorly constructed, literary arrow caused you some pain, here is truly researched, excerpt from the above linked article, concerning his "work ethic":

"This is one of the biggest questions surrounding Newton – how hard does he work? Well, all we see is effusive praise for his ability to knuckle down and do what it takes to be the best."

"he would spend all of his free time working out and watching tape"

"Newton arranged every weekend of the summer for his offense to work out for hours each day honing routes, increasing fitness, repping plays again and again so that the timing was down"

"coaches raved about the way that Newton spent time with his receivers, helping them to learn to adjust their routes when a blitz is coming, teaching them to recognize hot routes when they see certain coverage’s and helping them learn the audibles"

"Newton was one of the first in and last to leave the weight and film rooms and was constantly trying to learn to become better"

"Newton also talked at length about how meticulous he plans for each game watching not only film of opponents, but also of himself and of NFL and college passers he admires such as Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Andrew Luck:"

THIS IS MY FAV PART!!!

"But perhaps the most interesting comment on his work ethic comes from his LT Lee Ziemba who said that during winter workouts Newton so impressed his offensive teammates in the weight room that they named him – a QB - to a five-man tug-of-war team to take on the defense. The offense won. Ziemba went on to say that: “Players put a great deal of stock in how hard a teammate works when there's no coach forcing him to do it. But Cam was out there in the rain, throwing passes on the weekend when we were at the lake. He was dragging receivers out there with him. That kind of work ethic prepared our guys to follow him."

Nuff said!!

LMFAO @ Felser

Git "IT"

Counselor Bag, your up for Cross Examination...lol......psst Papaziod.....My Rebuttal in red....I would think the next most logical step, since we have opposing opinions, is to check out the sources, of these opinions. Wait before you start running for Google, I have included them below. Andddddd its ugly.....lol.....lets just say its like Slash in Real Life...VS...You playing Rock Band in the garage!!...lmao....your guys a hack....my dudes an industry super hero...haaaa....im gonna stick with my article...peace outside!!!

Your Guy: LINK2URGUY

"Not long after making his first and final tackle for the Illini in the old millennium, the former safety turned linebacker figured out his weight-room numbers were not going to transfer to the field and put his master’s degree to use by walking on at Pro Football Weekly"

LMAO to red!!!

My Guy: LINK(BIO on the upper right)

"DAVE HYDE finished second in 2009 in voting for the nation’s top sports columnists by the Associated Press Sports Editors. It was the third time in four years he has finished second in the country in APSE voting for either column or sports feature writing. He has placed 13 times in the Top 10 of APSE writing categories in his career, including a first for investigative work. His writing has been featured in the “Best American Sports Writing” anthology and he has authored “Still Perfect: The Untold Story of the 1972 Miami Dolphins” and "1968: The Year That Saved Ohio State Football.”

Sounded like the care and feeding of little Cam Cam went very well!!! (Think Flintstones...ha)

Git "IT"

Edited by RichardBag

Even Kordell Stewart came on to praise the ability of Gailey to design an offense around Cam Newton. He's such an exceptional athlete that it is clear that the best fit is right here in Buffalo. If he's there, we should take him.

Its becoming much clearer the best fit for Cam is anywhere but in Buffalo.

The guy is being massively over-hyped.

Let the "icon" go somewhere else, and let that team spend the next 5 years trying to develop Cam into an NFL QB.

If Newton had his choice of teams that offered him the best chance for long term success I don't doubt the Bills would be at, or near the top of his list. Having a coach that can design an offense around his quarterbacks skill set, and being able to sit for a year to learn how to be an NFL quarterback makes Buffalo a great choice for Newton. I'm just not too sure Newton is the best choice for Buffalo. Kinda like Scarlett Johansson would be a great choice for me, I just have the feeling somehow I might not be the best choice available for her. At least Newton was taken out to dinner by the Bills.