Update

NGU,

Thanks for the update.....question. How are they feeling about Andy Dalton? I know he was rising up the draft boards and there was a chance to be chosen in the 1st round......but he is sitting there in the 2nd.

I am not sure about Dalton. But I would be very surprised if they take QB there.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They likely have a medical on Bowers and will not take him. That would be a reversal of protocal for the team. I guess there is an outside shot if he really drops into the late rounds.

Somebody here said they won't take Mallett and they are probably right. He has some serious character issues.

I will try to jump back in here before tonight.

Danke Schoen!!!

They likely have a medical on Bowers and will not take him. That would be a reversal of protocal for the team. I guess there is an outside shot if he really drops into the late rounds.

Somebody here said they won't take Mallett and they are probably right. He has some serious character issues.

I am not clear on what you are saying in regards to Mallet...are you saying that there is actual info that leads you to believe the Bills wont draft Mallet or that it is just your opinion based on his character issues and not something you actually heard from sources, just agreeing with some other posters opinion?

Just curious as I actually am hoping for us to take a chance on him as I think he has a much higher ceiling than any QB in this draft.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I am not clear on what you are saying in regards to Mallet...are you saying that there is actual info that leads you to believe the Bills wont draft Mallet or that it is just your opinion based on his character issues and not something you actually heard from sources, just agreeing with some other posters opinion?

Just curious as I actually am hoping for us to take a chance on him as I think he has a much higher ceiling than any QB in this draft.

Just my humble opinion based on what I know about Mallet. For whatever that is worth.

Just my humble opinion based on what I know about Mallet. For whatever that is worth.

Cool, thanks. And your opinion is always valued...I just wasn't sure if that is what you thought or actually had info pertaining to it. I know Mallet is a risk, I also think its been blown a little bit out of proportion and risking a 2nd round pick on such a great passer balances out for me in the risk/reward quotient.

There is a lot of good talent for us at this pick, so I am confident that we still get great value here if we don't go Mallet, I just think he is worth the gamble at this pick.

NGU, you're the man. We really appreciate you coming here.

I'm anxious and concerned they've got a cornerback in their sights at 34 - can you talk me off of the ledge??

I will try to give you a short list of what I think a little later. No matter what, they go best available. So anyone they take that high probably will have a first round grade. That would be good no matter what position.

Thanks again for the updates, NGU. I have a question though. I am sure I have read, and saw it re-posted, that the Bills doctors did indeed clear Bowers 100% after his visit to OBD. Wouldn't that be in opposition to "they likely have a medical on Bowers and will not take him."?

Thx NGU, I couldn't wait to check here after my lunch to see if you've added any insight to today's rounds. I am hoping for LB help to be honest, especially the Wilson kid.

Any chance the Bills give a date for the jersey unveiling now that EA has leaked them? It was weird giving Marcel an "old" #1 jersey last nite.

Thanks again for the updates, NGU. I have a question though. I am sure I have read, and saw it re-posted, that the Bills doctors did indeed clear Bowers 100% after his visit to OBD. Wouldn't that be in opposition to "they likely have a medical on Bowers and will not take him."?

I could be wrong Kelly. I would just be really surprised. Especially that high. Maybe they were just trying to help the kid out. You guys would probably know better if any team has publically stated that they do have a medical on him. That doesn't happen too often.

Kelly, such reports are almost always BS. It is against the law for a doctor to release that information.

Thx NGU, I couldn't wait to check here after my lunch to see if you've added any insight to today's rounds. I am hoping for LB help to be honest, especially the Wilson kid.

Any chance the Bills give a date for the jersey unveiling now that EA has leaked them? It was weird giving Marcel an "old" #1 jersey last nite.

Not sure about that one. That should be a pretty easy thing to anticipate that it would get get out in that way. Not the first time it has happened. Just be happy that the football department is better than the marketing department.

Kelly, such reports are almost always BS. It is against the law for a doctor to release that information.

Surely there are all kinds of erroneous reports coming from reporters and inside sources, especially around draft time. And while it is against the law for a doctor to release that information, most of the time it would come from someone inside OBD who was in a meeting where the doctor report was discussed. That person could easily have direct knowledge and give that knowledge to a reporter or friend, etc.

I would not automatically assume the report, as written, was true though. Maybe they are, as NGU said, trying to help the kid out. Maybe it's b.s.. Maybe it's true. I was just asking for a clarification from a great poster here who clearly has a solid source for his info.

Surely there are all kinds of erroneous reports coming from reporters and inside sources, especially around draft time. And while it is against the law for a doctor to release that information, most of the time it would come from someone inside OBD who was in a meeting where the doctor report was discussed. That person could easily have direct knowledge and give that knowledge to a reporter or friend, etc.

I would not automatically assume the report, as written, was true though. Maybe they are, as NGU said, trying to help the kid out. Maybe it's b.s.. Maybe it's true. I was just asking for a clarification from a great poster here who clearly has a solid source for his info.

:thumbsup: