Update

I second that motion. Can we keep this thread clean and solely for NGU's updates on the draft ? There are threads aplenty to B word about every possible pick.

Agreed, not sure why everyone had to attack me personally just because I said cheating happens in college...

Back to the Draft!!

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My screenname is not a weed reference, its a Steve McQueen Movie about poker....and I went to Xavier University in Cincinnati... But thanks for slandering me. I appreciate that.

Hahaha, he wasn't even talking to you.

You're right about one thing, it's EXACTLY LIKE those FALSE charges that were brought up only because of JEALOUSY and people hating that Marshawn and his buddy were hitting on a cop's wife. You must have missed all the articles shortly after which cleared this up as a simple case of a jealous husband who tried using his cop status to work over Lynch...

And dont fool yourself. Black athletes arent the only kids cheating in college. ALL college students cheat at some point on something, if not regularly. Even the "smart kids". Actually, ESPECIALLY the smart kids. Thats what makes them smart. Ask 100 college students what college prepares you for the most, and I bet most of their answers will be along the lines of "How to stroke the system".

Point is, these are hardly huge issues. If everyone had such digging done into their background, most of your "good" college students would never get a job either. Luckily, most of us normal folk arent in a position to have our 19 year old decisions scrutinized in such a manner.

I have never once cheated on a paper in college. I work independently in college just so that i can never be put in a position where I will be tempted. Kids got kicked out of my high school for cheating and I know plenty of kids here that have gotten kicked out for cheating. Its not a joke and its dealt with very seriously.

What did college set me up for? To think critically and to do my own work. Not how to stroke the system, thats such a load of crap

Agreed, not sure why everyone had to attack me personally just because I said cheating happens in college...

Back to the Draft!!

Because you rationalized it, and continue to rationalize it. Maybe it was rampant at the institution of "higher" learning you attended, but don't denigrate real colleges and universities and everyone else on this board who actually earned their degrees.

Backpedal all you want now, but your statement was much broader than "cheating happens in college". You claimed:

"ALL college students cheat at some point on something, if not regularly. Even the "smart kids". Actually, ESPECIALLY the smart kids. Thats what makes them smart. Ask 100 college students what college prepares you for the most, and I bet most of their answers will be along the lines of "How to stroke the system".

You insulted every college and grad school graduate on this board. Worse yet, you questioned their character. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't perceive it that way, since that kind of slander only means something to someone who has character.

NGU, as always i/we all appreciate you taking time out of your day to inform us on what's going on at OBD!

Is there any truth to the Blaine Gabbert Rumors? I am truly hoping that what you say about AJ Green and Von Miller is true but if they feel Gabbert is that "franchise guy, that you can win with for 10 years", then we all just have to hope their right!

Ryan. I am not positive. All signs point to Newton and Dareus going 1 and 2. But that is not exactly inside information. Carolina knows who they are going to pick and has for sometime. There is no vasilating going on. The comment about having 4 players on the board is pretty funny and simply to see if someone will move up. If that is the case it is likely Miller or Green for the Bills.

I hesitate to pass this on, but there is some Fairly talk. But it is not as specific as the other information, so I don't want to throw the board into a panic. Might just be becauuse he is well regarded. I also don't like being so nebulous. Sorry all. Some years things are just more readily available and apparent.

Thanks, glad to know there are people thinking about need and not just "BPA" at OBD.

The reason I say this is the information determining BPA at One Bills Drive comes from Modrak and if you measure by results the information is flawed.

I would love more Fairely talk. Dareus and Fairely have pretty much the same resume and the same negatives, namely taking plays off and lack of work ethic. Fairely was arguably more dominant with less talent surrounding him in the same conference.

He dropped because he had merely a good combine where Dareus had an outstanding combine?

Please, I like the Fairely talk, let's have more of it at OBD.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Its exactly my college experience, as well as may others. Coincidentally, just had a conversation about college/cheating at the holidays with all of my successful, college graduate cousins, and we were all laughing about this same thing. Comparing stories about crap our friends pulled off in order to pass or even make Dean's List.

But try again.

If you dont think most college students are "cheating" one way or the other, youre just being naive.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I work for an education publishing company. Part of my job is assisting professors with access to the online resources associated with their textbooks and when a new account is registered, it is also part of my job to verify the person really IS who they say they are. I can not tell you how many accounts I reject on a daily basis because it is a student trying to sneak their way in and get the answers for tests or things like that. If people don't realize there is a healthy population of cheaters at every stage of life they are kidding themselves.

Ryan. I am not positive. All signs point to Newton and Dareus going 1 and 2. But that is not exactly inside information. Carolina knows who they are going to pick and has for sometime. There is no vasilating going on. The comment about having 4 players on the board is pretty funny and simply to see if someone will move up. If that is the case it is likely Miller or Green for the Bills.

I hesitate to pass this on, but there is some Fairly talk. But it is not as specific as the other information, so I don't want to throw the board into a panic. Might just be becauuse he is well regarded. I also don't like being so nebulous. Sorry all. Some years things are just more readily available and apparent.

I like Fairley too. He was a beast in the NC game. Peterson should be up there too.

I would love more Fairely talk. Dareus and Fairely have pretty much the same resume and the same negatives, namely taking plays off and lack of work ethic. Fairely was arguably more dominant with less talent surrounding him in the same conference.

He dropped because he had merely a good combine where Dareus had an outstanding combine?

Please, I like the Fairely talk, let's have more of it at OBD.

The biggest difference is that Fairley had 1 good season at DT in a 4-3, whereas Dareus was very productive for 2 seasons, and played both DE in a 3-4 and some 4-3 DT (granted, not as much, but he did do it on passing downs).

Also, just as a matter of housekeeping, Fairley had the better combine in almost every aspect. He's dropped on most boards because he has (perceived) attitude issues both on and off the field. The fact that he blew off at least one team interview during the combine certainly didn't help his reputation, and, as I mentioned, he is something of a one-year wonder.

I would have reservations about spending a high pick on him, but there's no denying how talented he is.

Edited by thebandit27

No worries, quickly searching the board, it looks like the article posted in this thread has been removed from WGR, but there are good quotes in the thread...

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/105359-marshawn-lynch-update

Also, this article has been since removed as well, but I had quoted it in the main thread...

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/919587.html

Quotes from original article, "Best" is the Chief in Hamburg I believe, and Crawford is the Husband:

It ended up looking like the Cop was trying to extort Lynch for the $100k he owed the city...

20 bucks at a time? :nana:

Anyway, thanks for digging that stuff up. :thumbsup:

I agree with your take, Gordio. :) Newton was not the only reason but his rare physical attributes helped significantly.

The Auburn defense was extremely well prepared and coached for the BCS Title game. (Fairley came out of that game being discussed as a possible #1 overall pick, if anyone cares to remember.) Newton in no way carried Auburn in that game. IMO.

The original question was "is cam newton the only reason auburn won the bcs title".

First off, that's probably the stupidest question ever asked on this board, and there's some good competition for that honor. Is he the ONLY reason? Of course he's not the ONLY reason. It's a team sport and everyone contributes to it's success in some manner. Was he the most important piece to their title? Most definitely. Would they have played in the bcs title game if Cam Newton wasn't their qb? No one knows for sure, because they did have cam newton. I don't like to speak in absolute terms, but I'm 99.999999% positive they wouldn't have been there. Did you see the 2nd half of the Alabama game? I don't think there's another QB that could have come back and won that game, other than Frank Reich obviously. I feel confidant saying that he was the MAiN reason they won the title. Without him, they would've been a good team, but nowhere near a title contender.

In summary, your original question is like asking "is Michael Jordan the ONLY reason the Chicago Bulls won a title in the 90s". No, he's not the ONLY reason, but without him, they wouldn't have won one. Without cam newton, auburn wouldn't have won the bcs title. He was, far and away, the best player on a title winning team. Ask a real

question next time please.

Thanks NGU! We really appreciate you posting on this board and answering our questions!!!

GO BILLS.

You're right about one thing, it's EXACTLY LIKE those FALSE charges that were brought up only because of JEALOUSY and people hating that Marshawn and his buddy were hitting on a cop's wife. You must have missed all the articles shortly after which cleared this up as a simple case of a jealous husband who tried using his cop status to work over Lynch...

And dont fool yourself. Black athletes arent the only kids cheating in college. ALL college students cheat at some point on something, if not regularly. Even the "smart kids". Actually, ESPECIALLY the smart kids. Thats what makes them smart. Ask 100 college students what college prepares you for the most, and I bet most of their answers will be along the lines of "How to stroke the system".

Point is, these are hardly huge issues. If everyone had such digging done into their background, most of your "good" college students would never get a job either. Luckily, most of us normal folk arent in a position to have our 19 year old decisions scrutinized in such a manner.

Hoe Lee Toast.

I'm not sure if this is more sad or funny.

I'll just say this:

1) I said nothing about black athletes, blacks, or athletes being "the only kids cheating in college".

All I said is that from Newton's background (Preacher's kid) one expects better ethics and morals.

At least I do.

2) All college students don't cheat. Your generalization is insulting to young people and ridiculous.

To me, cheating and theft are serious issues. I "get your point" that they're trivial non-issues to you.

We have to agree to disagree, that's all.

Or not-you can keep on about me fooling myself, broadly impugning the character and values of all students, or slanting your response to look as though I asserted something I haven't if you like.

Yowza.

NGU Thanks for all the information. I know we ask a lot on this board, but when all is said and done tonight any chance on getting some insight on who the 34th pick maybe? Thanks again for all you do.

That is just too much of a wild card. The projections that you see that go that deep are not very accurate.

Fairley is still in the mix?!?!?! good to hear!

Because you rationalized it, and continue to rationalize it. Maybe it was rampant at the institution of "higher" learning you attended, but don't denigrate real colleges and universities and everyone else on this board who actually earned their degrees.

Backpedal all you want now, but your statement was much broader than "cheating happens in college". You claimed:

"ALL college students cheat at some point on something, if not regularly. Even the "smart kids". Actually, ESPECIALLY the smart kids. Thats what makes them smart. Ask 100 college students what college prepares you for the most, and I bet most of their answers will be along the lines of "How to stroke the system".

You insulted every college and grad school graduate on this board. Worse yet, you questioned their character. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't perceive it that way, since that kind of slander only means something to someone who has character.

Actually I would say the same. "How to work the system" I had some real wack job professors in school who had completely illogical and untrue ideas about things. My freshman year i wrote a few great papers arguing against their bias, and got Cs, eben though they should have been As or at least B+

For the next 3 years I wrote terrible papers and got As by just agreeing with whatever crazy idea they had (one for example thought that the Japs wanted to surrender in WWII and we just nuked them for the fun of it – everyone knows that’s not true, but this guy was just a whacko) So I used almost no sources and rattled off some stupid paper in about an hour just arguing a point which he has already bought into hook line and sinker. Of course I got an A and was one of 3 or 4 kids out of over a hundred who got an A in the guys class that semester. I did almost no work and no research and got an A by playing the system. That’s all I learned from his class.