Update

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DR D is correct. It was a jealous husband situation. Marsbawn is still a douche. But in the one situation, it really wasn't his fault.

OK, I stand corrected on that one. Charges were not filed and Marshawn deserves the benefit of the doubt.

It's too bad he had to go through that kind of character defamation if it's undeserved.

I didn't see the exculpatory articles either.

Nevergiveup, I don't recall you talking about Blaine Gabbert being considered at #3, but ESPN is spreading that rumor today. Any truth to that being considered, that you know of?

I noticed he seems to have avoided that question multiple times.

That is just too much of a wild card. The projections that you see that go that deep are not very accurate.

do you think it will be Marcell Dareus at 3 if Newton and Miller go 1-2 as is being reported just about everywhere now?

I cant see how it wont be Dareus but never know

I noticed he seems to have avoided that question multiple times.

He has a lot being thrown at him. I figured I'd pop it out there again in case he missed it the first time and is willing to address it. If not, that's cool. We will see in a few hours now.

Nevergiveup, I don't recall you talking about Blaine Gabbert being considered at #3, but ESPN is spreading that rumor today. Any truth to that being considered, that you know of?

I think Schefter is spreading that rumor solely on behalf of his friends in Denver in order to generate interest in their pick.

GO BILLS!!!

I think Schefter is spreading that rumor solely on behalf of his friends in Denver in order to generate interest in their pick.

GO BILLS!!!

I suspect that, as well, which is why I am especially curious as to what NGU thinks.

So, preachers are always on moral high ground? That's a joke in itself.

Wow, the Olympians at leaping to conclusions are out in force. Where was that argued?

The point is: if you're a member of a stable church-going family, odds are pretty high that you have the chance to learn some moral and ethical values.

Not that preachers (or anyone else) is "always" on moral highground.

But laugh if you like, by all means.

That is just too much of a wild card. The projections that you see that go that deep are not very accurate.

So, a few hours before the start of the draft, Buddy's board probably looks like this:

1. Newton

2. Dareus

3. Miller

4. AJ Green

Possibility of Fairley.

Is that fair ?

Actually I would say the same. "How to work the system" I had some real wack job professors in school who had completely illogical and untrue ideas about things. My freshman year i wrote a few great papers arguing against their bias, and got Cs, eben though they should have been As or at least B+

Something tells me you might not be objective when assessing your own work.

Im not saying its the right thing to do, or that its ok. Im only saying that "It happens". Like it or not, there are plenty of "normal" students that do it. It may not be something as "Hollywood" as stealing the test from the professor's office. There are a lot of smaller things that are considered cheating.

You really are a piece of work aren't you, "Doctor" Dankenstein?

What you said earlier was that all college students cheat in some way or another, especially the "smart" kids, and anyone who doesn't believe this is "fooling themselves".

Saying "it happens" or "plenty of students do it" may in fact be true. But it's backing way way off from the stuff you said earlier.

The original post was written like Newton was some kind of monster who is the only one dumb or brash enough to attempt this. He's not. It's typical behavior, unfortunately.

Bullcrap as anyone who troubles to go back and read my original post can judge for themselves.

And now we're edging back to the justifications - it's not something that "happens" or that "plenty of students do", now it's "typical" behavior.

I say bullcrap to that too.

Wow, the Olympians at leaping to conclusions are out in force. Where was that argued?

The point is: if you're a member of a stable church-going family, odds are pretty high that you have the chance to learn some moral and ethical values.

Not that preachers (or anyone else) is "always" on moral highground.

But laugh if you like, by all means.

Oh, I'm laughing. Trust me.

I don't buy the Gabbert rumors at all. Nor do I think Fairley is an option, unless we find a partner to trade down. These have the classic markings of 11th hour smokescreens. This is stating the obvious, but it is in the Bills' best interest to have as many players as possible floated as possible targets so as to entice other teams to trade up or to simply throw other teams off the scent. In other words, let's say the Skins want Gabbert. If they buy into the idea that the Bills might take him at #3, they might be more willing to trade up to #2 to grab him, thereby making available one of the players the Bills actually want (i.e. Dareus or Miller).

I don't buy the Gabbert rumors at all. Nor do I think Fairley is an option, unless we find a partner to trade down. These have the classic markings of 11th hour smokescreens. This is stating the obvious, but it is in the Bills' best interest to have as many players as possible floated as possible targets so as to entice other teams to trade up or to simply throw other teams off the scent. In other words, let's say the Skins want Gabbert. If they buy into the idea that the Bills might take him at #3, they might be more willing to trade up to #2 to grab him, thereby making available one of the players the Bills actually want (i.e. Dareus or Miller).

If the Bills don't take a QB at #3 then they are not getting a QB in the draft like they stated they wanted to. Unless they take another Levi Brown.

You really are a piece of work aren't you, "Doctor" Dankenstein?

What you said earlier was that all college students cheat in some way or another, especially the "smart" kids, and anyone who doesn't believe this is "fooling themselves".

Saying "it happens" or "plenty of students do it" may in fact be true. But it's backing way way off from the stuff you said earlier.

Bullcrap as anyone who troubles to go back and read my original post can judge for themselves.

And now we're edging back to the justifications - it's not something that "happens" or that "plenty of students do", now it's "typical" behavior.

I say bullcrap to that too.

Two things I'll give you:

1. You are correct that you did not paint him as a monster and I flew off the handle defending him. Problem is at this point of the offseason, Ive had to have these arguments too many times with people that are judging and making assumptions off of weak information. Your original post was well balanced.

2. I shouldnt have said "all". But I will still stick to "most" and a very high percentage. Yes, I believe based on my experiences, that the majority of college students cheat on something at some point of their career. Others cheat on a regular basis.

NOW, based on other people agreeing with me, I will still contend that cheating is WAY more rampant then you say it is.

This is like believing that there isnt a large number of professional athletes that juice. They do, but most dont get caught because they are smart enough to NOT get caught. Just like the smart students. For everyone that gets caught, how many do you think are getting away with it? Or do you believe that only those that are caught are cheating?

It's a widespread and common problem. If it wasnt, there wouldnt be such harsh penalties, and so much discussion of it.

Now enough of this, and lets get back to the draft!

Edited by DrDankenstein

Wow guys, way to ruin NGU's very useful and informative post with a bunch of crap. Don't stop posting Nevergiveup, your input is much appreciated.

"Ruin" the thread? Hilarious. It's a friggin' message board. I like a good "scoop" as much as the next guy, but at the end of the day, who the hell cares? By 8:30 tonight we'll know who the pick is. Will it make someone feel better that they knew it ahead of time?

Too funny.

P.S. Nevergiveup, I think it's a blast that you visit to impart your inside knowledge. It's even better watching everyone else go ape**** over it. :)

"Ruin" the thread? Hilarious. It's a friggin' message board. I like a good "scoop" as much as the next guy, but at the end of the day, who the hell cares? By 8:30 tonight we'll know who the pick is. Will it make someone feel better that they knew it ahead of time?

^^^ This. :lol: :lol:

Too funny.

P.S. Nevergiveup, I think it's a blast that you visit to impart your inside knowledge. It's even better watching everyone else go ape**** over it. :)

It'd be nice to get to useful information without having to sift through a bunch of crap, that's all I'm saying.