Update

And to expand on that even more, can you tell me if I'm "hot" or "cold" when I predict that the Bills will try to trade into the end of Round 1 to take Kaepernick (and that the Ponder Love is a smokescreen)?

Coach. I don't know for sure. But I believe they would be happy with either one if the draft takes them that way.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NGU, any insight (of course this is dependent on who goes in the 1st round) as to the Bills thinking regarding taking a QB in the later rounds. Are they set on taking a QB, or do they have a limited list and would perfer to load up on D this year if none of the limited-list QB's are available?

NGU, any thoughts on blockers? Does the OL seem to be a high priority?

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

I am also hoping they see RT as a priority and even adding another G. Personally, I like James Carpenter. I think he could project to either position.

Dear Delusional,

You seen to be under the impression that NGU is actually Buddy Nix. In fact, he is a poster who is kind enough to stop in at this board and provide us with insights that we would otherwise not be privy to. Why, in your pathetic need to somehow show off to board full of strangers, you have chosen to act as if picking an argument with NGU will change the Bills' draft process, I will never understand (being a person of sound mind myself). Personally, I don't care much for Newton as a person, but I don't see how screaming about it online will make a difference, nor am I foolish enough to think anyone here really cares about my feelings. Please grow up and learn to shut your mouth. Your slurry of unsolicited aggressive responses lessens other peoples' ability to enjoy the board.

Very well said. Thank you for echoing what I assume to be many of our feelings.

Dear Delusional,

You seen to be under the impression that NGU is actually Buddy Nix. In fact, he is a poster who is kind enough to stop in at this board and provide us with insights that we would otherwise not be privy to. Why, in your pathetic need to somehow show off to board full of strangers, you have chosen to act as if picking an argument with NGU will change the Bills' draft process, I will never understand (being a person of sound mind myself). Personally, I don't care much for Newton as a person, but I don't see how screaming about it online will make a difference, nor am I foolish enough to think anyone here really cares about my feelings. Please grow up and learn to shut your mouth. Your slurry of unsolicited aggressive responses lessens other peoples' ability to enjoy the board.

To NGU:

What I would like to hear from NGU is if he has any ideas about the 2nd and 3rd rds of the draft. Has the brass considered that if we go Miller/Dareus in the 1st rd, we would use he 2nd pick for a TE like Rudolph or another QB they like (I like Kaepernick, but that's irrelevant), or is that really not on their radar? Thanks for your time. Always glad to see you post.

I really don't, but it doesn't/shouldn't work that way. They are always aware of needs, but Buddy will simply stick to his board. Not that there can't be a tie between players, but it doesn't happen that often. There are so many holes currently that the team can go best available in every round. At the end of the draft they will fill in any glaring gaps with undrafted players.

I really don't, but it doesn't/shouldn't work that way. They are always aware of needs, but Buddy will simply stick to his board. Not that there can't be a tie between players, but it doesn't happen that often. There are so many holes currently that the team can go best available in every round. At the end of the draft they will fill in any glaring gaps with undrafted players.

Thanks for answering! From your answer I take that the FO really isn't ruling out ANY position based upon the players we currently have in place. I am glad to see us adopt a true best player available strategy over a hierarchy of needs. I feel we have missed out on several good players using the needs-based approach in the past; to our detriment.

NGU - can you clarify if Newton/Dareus in your original post means Newton is 1 and Dareus is 2, or are they equal? Who would they take if they had a chance at both?

Also, assuming the pick is Newton, do you know what their plan is for him? The obvious thought is that he sits for a year under Fitz, Fitz's contract expires, and he is handed the job in year two, with maybe some "Tebow" package in 2011. Has that been talked about at all?

Green would be electrifying. If they are taking BPA at 3 I would grab him or P Petersen. Who the Heck wouldnt want the next Revis on this team. Green may be the next beast reciever in the NFL. I would not past on either. Outside of those 2, in a trade down we would still get a heck of a player as well as another second atleast. Cant wait to see how this plays out.

Just said on NFL network the pick might be Peterson. NGU i know people have been bombarding you about the draft, but is there any truth to this? Is Peterson a possibility?

Not my first choice, but I wouldn't mind the pick as long as we draft a big nasty in the second round. now if we draft Peterson and then follow that with a Ponder, then I'll be fuming.

Thanks NGU!

You rule.

You even took town some off the trolls on this board that many of us ignore. Nice work!

I would love to be in room during the role playing meetings.

#34 is far more interesting than #3.

All 4 of those players can be game changers.

Doesn't sound like a trade down is in the works. I'd personally would jump for joy if we took Cam Jordan, an extra second round, fourth round with our #3 overall than any of the 4 prospects mentioned.

AJ Green is a bad man, 3 months ago I would be in the "throw a brick through the TV" camp but after looking into him more I wouldnt mind. Look at the WRs, Nix was involved in drafting in San Diego.

Fans will lose it if they take Green over Miller. I wouldn't though.