R.Rich's mock draft round 2 BILLS on the clock

Ramius

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills select at #34 overall?

• QB Christian Ponder
    • QB Ryan Mallet
    • WR Torrey Smith
    • TE Kyle Rudolph
    • OT Ben Ijalana
    • OT Marcus Cannon
    • OG Danny Watkins
    • OG/OC Rodney Hudson
    • DE Cameron Heyward
    • DE Jabaal Sheard
    • DT Phil Taylor
    • DT Stephen Paea
    • DT Marvin Austin
    • OLB Justin Houston
    • OLB Brooks Reed
    • ILB Martez Wilson
    • CB Davon House

Rich's mock draft is plugging along nicely. The Bills are on the clock for their round 2 pick at #34, so go ahead and vote for your selection. Most votes gets selected. If someone isn't on the list, use the thread to vote for them. This thread and voting will remain open until monday morning, April 18th.

Here's a link to the players already selected:

Round 1: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/128890-2011-mock-draft-round-1/

Round 2: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/128892-2011-mock-draft-round-2/

In Round 1 at #3 overall, Buffalo selected DL Marcel Dareus, Alabama.

Edited by Ramius

there is no way Cameron Heyward is there in the second round

Yeah there is and saying "there is now way" a guy who is projected to go late 1st happens to be there with the 2nd pick in the 2nd round is just dumb.

We got our scheme versatile, run plugger in Dareus. No point in even looking at Cam Heyward now.

Now we need to finish the defensive shopping list and get our pass rusher.

We're very fortunate that their are three very good pass rushers still available…Brooks Reed, Justin Houston, and Jabaal Sheard.

I'd be happy with any of the three.

Sheard is my pick. Not as heralded as the other two but a very gifted, talented player with no downside and a very high upside.

http://draftbreakdow...t-jabaal-sheard

He is one of this drafts under the radar prospects and has superstar potential.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Rich's mock draft is plugging along nicely. The Bills are on the clock for their round 2 pick at #34, so go ahead and vote for your selection. Most votes gets selected. If someone isn't on the list, use the thread to vote for them. This thread and voting will remain open until monday morning, April 18th.

Here's a link to the players already selected:

Round 1: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/128890-2011-mock-draft-round-1/

Round 2: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/128892-2011-mock-draft-round-2/

In Round 1 at #3 overall, Buffalo selected DL Marcel Dareus, Alabama.

So we get Dareus in round 1 who is the best DL player, Wilson in round two who is the best ILB in the draft and our defense looks like this.

DL - Kyle Williams

NT - Troup

DL - Dareus

OLB- Moats

OLB - Lights out

ILB - Poz

ILB - Wilson

CB-Mckelvin

CB- McGee

SS - Whitner

FS-Byrd

Not bad at all..!

We got our scheme versatile, run plugger in Dareus. No point in even looking at Cam Heyward now.

Now we need to finish the defensive shopping list and get our pass rusher.

We're very fortunate that their are three very good pass rushers still available…Brooks Reed, Justin Houston, and Jabaal Sheard.

I'd be happy with any of the three.

Sheard is my pick. Not as heralded as the other two but a very gifted, talented player with no downside and a very high upside.

http://draftbreakdow...t-jabaal-sheard

He is one of this drafts under the radar prospects and has superstar potential.

+1 except I went with Houston.

Martinez theILB makes sense also, as would the TE or OT...Still so many damn needs!

I voted Houston, although I'd be happy with Wilson or Brooks Reed. If we go DL Rd 1, I think LB is the choice.

+1

You saved me some typing :thumbsup:

Edit: nevermind, I revoted for Wilson. Id rather have a LB than a QB at this pick.

Edited by DrDankenstein

I voted Houston, although I'd be happy with Wilson or Brooks Reed. If we go DL Rd 1, I think LB is the choice.

Same here. It looks like the LBs might all cancel each other out here.

Gotta say there are several players on that list that I would be very happy with.

I may get crucified for this, but the QB who really intrigues me in the second is Kaepernick. The more I see the more I like.

Same here. It looks like the LBs might all cancel each other out here.

Gotta say there are several players on that list that I would be very happy with.

I may get crucified for this, but the QB who really intrigues me in the second is Kaepernick. The more I see the more I like.

Same here too. If we went qb in Rd 2, which I hope we don't....I'd take kaepernick too. I like mallet, but not for the bills. No cement footed wiggers in B-lo plz

I hope I didn't offend anyone with the comment, but that's what I see.

-edit- I tried to change my vote from Houston to Wilson. But it said I dont have permission to vote, so -1 for Houston, +1 Wilson. Id much rather have him than Mallet.

Edited by NewEra

I picked Mallett based upon the list offered and the assumption that Carolina takes Cam and we get Dareus in the first rd. If we pick a QB first rd, then I'd pick Phil Taylor or Martez Wilson, depending on who's there at #34.

I picked Mallett based upon the list offered and the assumption that Carolina takes Cam and we get Dareus in the first rd. If we pick a QB first rd, then I'd pick Phil Taylor or Martez Wilson, depending on who's there at #34.

Eh. If we plan on taking Mallet in Rd 2, we should draft OL with our 1st and 3rd round picks.

I voted for Cam Heyward but I would have voted for Kaepeenick. Mallet chokes too much. Kaepeenick is the most accurate big armed QBs. I missed the first round vote but I would have voted for Bowers since he will be the closest thing to the next Bruce Smith (IF his knee can heal properly). We need a pass rushing/run stuffing DE more than anything.

Edited by BuffaloFan68

Eh. If we plan on taking Mallet in Rd 2, we should draft OL with our 1st and 3rd round picks.

I agree. We would need to shore up the o-line for Malletts' lack of mobility but he (if he stays "clean") will be a great pocket QB in IMO, especially learning under Fitzy. There are probably better choices for the Bills at #34 but again, just going by the OP's guidelines.

Phil taylor is still there? Sprint to the podium Buddy! At RT would be my only other consideration.

Yeah I went Taylor too. Troup and Carrington can rotate in and our D-Line is now a strength with depth. Instead of a Liability with no depth.

Dareus Taylor Williams will eat up all 5 offensive lineman.

Plus Troup and Carrington spell them. Back to the days of Fat Pat and Sam Adams where the Bills only gave 1 100 yard rusher in over two seasons.

Winner!

For the record the LBs have 33 Votes and the QBs have 22.

You LB people need to pick a representative.

I surely rather pass on a QB at 34.

If we trade down the 1st and get an extra 2nd I'd use that on Ponder/Dalton/Mallet not #34.

Right

Yeah I went Taylor too. Troup and Carrington can rotate in and our D-Line is now a strength with depth. Instead of a Liability with no depth.

Dareus Taylor Williams will eat up all 5 offensive lineman.

Plus Troup and Carrington spell them. Back to the days of Fat Pat and Sam Adams where the Bills only gave 1 100 yard rusher in over two seasons.

Winner!

For the record the LBs have 33 Votes and the QBs have 22.

You LB people need to pick a representative.

I surely rather pass on a QB at 34.

If we trade down the 1st and get an extra 2nd I'd use that on Ponder/Dalton/Mallet not #34

Right

Dont get me wrong, after Dareus, our DL is pretty good. I would like a great rush LB or an interior pressence, but I dont see one here. Houston, Wilson, Reed, they are all pretty good, just not good enough here. I sprint to the podium for Taylor, who likely will go between 17-30. I also go T before LB here. Ijelana or Sherrod or whoever is left, will start at RT for us day one. RT was a huge anchor our O was dragging all year.

But, I still think we lack a true NG. Troupe could be that guy, but we need two guys like that, because a 330# man cannot play all game. At this point NG wins out on the talent that is available.

Phil taylor is still there? Sprint to the podium Buddy! At RT would be my only other consideration.

I'd say the same thing if we didn't take Dareus in round one. Although I think our DL would be set for years to come, our LBs would be the leagues worst, again.

We need a TE in the worst way possible. I originally voted Kyle Rudolph but changed my vote to Wilson. With so many quality TE's that will be available in FA (if FA happens) we had better take one there and fill our D from picks.

Edited by Pilsner

I'd say the same thing if we didn't take Dareus in round one. Although I think our DL would be set for years to come, our LBs would be the leagues worst, again.

Yes LBs would be weak , but when Dareus, Taylor, and Williams are taking up 5 offensive linemen. The LBs are going stay pretty clean and can make some plays.

With Troup and Carrington rotating in the D-line can go all game long.

Plus get Quad Styversant or whatevertf you spell that in the 3rd to play next to Poz and you're in even better business

We need a TE in the worst way possible. I originally voted Kyle Rudolph but changed my vote to Wilson. With so many quality TE's that will be available in FA (if FA happens) we had better take one there and fill our D from picks.

+1

A TE is usually a multi year type developments it's rare for TEs to walk in and get it. It's a very complex position in the NFL.

Pick up a FA that has already proven they get it.

Edited by Why So Serious?

What is the deal with the love for Martez Wilson? Much like Bowers, he's got a pre-existing injury that takes one bad play from being on IR for an entire season his rookie year. He had surgery for the same problem that ended Antonio Pierce's career.

I voted for Rudolph as he is as sure-fire a TE prospect as has been available since Pettigrew of the Lions and seems to be an upgrade over him. We haven't had a top-flight TE in a long time and the magic they can work in the Red Zone is something Fitz and Chan could really use. He's worth an extra TD a game, something any team could use.

That being said, Phil Taylor would beef up that front three in the 3-4 and take our defense up another big notch. I'd hate to pass on either of them, but if I re-cast my vote, Taylor might be my pick. That is as solid a group of players as has been available in the 2nd round in recent memory. 11 days away and I am buzzing. Do not fudge this up Buddy!

Yes LBs would be weak , but when Dareus, Taylor, and Williams are taking up 5 offensive linemen. The LBs are going stay pretty clean and can make some plays.

With Troup and Carrington rotating in the D-line can go all game long.

Plus get Quad Styversant or whatevertf you spell that in the 3rd to play next to Poz and you're in even better business

+1

A TE is usually a multi year type developments it's rare for TEs to walk in and get it. It's a very complex position in the NFL.

Pick up a FA that has already proven they get it.

Sturdivant got hurt recently. He's out for the year. But I know what you're saying and I'm definitely not against drafting Taylor. I'd be beyond thrilled with Taylor. Our DL would def make our LBs better. Hopefully we cam resign poz and add anothe quality LB in the draft or possibly FA. If not, There's always next year.

What is the deal with the love for Martez Wilson? Much like Bowers, he's got a pre-existing injury that takes one bad play from being on IR for an entire season his rookie year. He had surgery for the same problem that ended Antonio Pierce's career.

Further proof of the cluelessness some Bills Fans have reached...It's got so ridiculous around here I'm not sure why I bother... :wallbash:

Sturdivant got hurt recently. He's out for the year. But I know what you're saying and I'm definitely not against drafting Taylor. I'd be beyond thrilled with Taylor. Our DL would def make our LBs better. Hopefully we cam resign poz and add anothe quality LB in the draft or possibly FA. If not, There's always next year.

I only see a minor hammy injury.

Further proof of the cluelessness some Bills Fans have reached...It's got so ridiculous around here I'm not sure why I bother... :wallbash:

Bet you are a fan of Bowers too. :wallbash:

I bet your draft picks don't make to the end of their rookie season on the field.

That matters to fans with the exception of you, I suppose.

I only see a minor hammy injury.

You must be right. I turned on espn when I woke up and couldve sworn I saw that he was out for the year along the bottom line. Erroneous reporting on my part, my apologies.