Draft scenario discussions

Thoner7

In a year with no organized team activities until the CBA is settled maybe in June, July, or August. There is no question that Cam Jordan will show up on time, in shape, and ready to go. The same can't be said for Fairley or Dareus.

Outstanding point. I've been a Dareus fan for a while, but lately, I've been leaning towards Cam Jordan, partly due to the above statement. As time has gone on, Jordan at #3 is not as big of a reach as I thought it once was.

I agree on Von Miller. Much like robo-tackler Mason Foster, I think he benefited from being a good player on a really bad defense.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice analysis. You've got alot of spare time on your hands! I'd take a chance on Cam Newton but only in the 2nd round. I still think the Bills should grad Dareus or Fairley with their 1st pick...we were sooooo bad stopping the run last year.

While I dont agree on your Von Miller analysis.....I do respect and like the idea of trading down.....

And I also like Cam Jordan and JJ Watt....they both have a look of players with long solid NFL futures ahead of them......I just dont like the idea of drafting a 1st round guys (unless it is a QB) and them not being able to play immediately.....and I think that Carrington is going to play over any DE we draft....

I am obviously a Carrington fan

While I dont agree on your Von Miller analysis.....I do respect and like the idea of trading down.....

And I also like Cam Jordan and JJ Watt....they both have a look of players with long solid NFL futures ahead of them......I just dont like the idea of drafting a 1st round guys (unless it is a QB) and them not being able to play immediately.....and I think that Carrington is going to play over any DE we draft....

I am obviously a Carrington fan

Love Cam Jordan…encouraged about Carrington.

Right now the Bills have Spencer Johnson pencilled in as one of our starting DEs.

I like Spencer. He's an underrated player and I thought he played pretty well last year. But he's best as a depth/rotational player who also can play inside at tackle.

Drafting a DE high is something the Bills need to do. FWIW, in the slew of offseason public comments, the team has intimated that they feel good at DT and OLB which implies that they would concentrate their front 7 efforts on acquiring players at DE and ILB.

However we feel about Carrington, the Bills still need a DE, if only to start opposite of Carrington.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Love Cam Jordan…encouraged about Carrington.

Right now the Bills have Spencer Johnson pencilled in as one of our starting DEs.

I like Spencer. He's an underrated player and I thought he played pretty well last year. But he's best as a depth/rotational player who also can play inside at tackle.

Drafting a DE high is something the Bills need to do. FWIW, in the slew of offseason public comments, the team has intimated that they feel good at DT and OLB which implies that they would concentrate their front 7 efforts on acquiring players at DE and ILB.

However we feel about Carrington, the Bills still need a DE, if only to start opposite of Carrington.

The Bills, while depth is needed at DE, will start Dwan Edwards on one side, and probably Carrington on the other.

Great analysis!

The only thing I can disagree on is that 2 #1 picks helps to get Luck. Unless Luck totally collapses this year, no team with the #1 pick would trade his rights away. The only way to get Luck is to have the #1 pick when the 2011 season ends.

I read your entire post and agree with you 100%, until you got to the list of the 2nd rounders (I still dont like Coztanza or Solder and Im not a fan of adding a QB at 34 either)

I have always agreed with the things you say about guys its obvious you know what you are talking about. I would feel better about this upcoming draft if you were running the draft than the cronies we have in there (not saying much, but still a compliment :thumbsup: ).

I will volunteer for your staff and would also strongly recommend tgreg. My bet is we three could outdraft the Bills staff :bag:

PS: wanna throw up your big board- if you have one?

Edited by Thoner7

Great analysis!

The only thing I can disagree on is that 2 #1 picks helps to get Luck. Unless Luck totally collapses this year, no team with the #1 pick would trade his rights away. The only way to get Luck is to have the #1 pick when the 2011 season ends.

If the Ram or Carolina (if they take a QB #1 this year) would most likey trade out if they have #1 pick. Adding to the list, Denver, Arizona or Cinci (if either take a qb in Rd 1) may also trade out. Not that I'm basing what we do this year in the draft on possibly landing luck next year, but it's definitely possible, especially considering a team may be willing to give up a plethora of picks. Never say never.

I read your entire post and agree with you 100%, until you got to the list of the 2nd rounders (I still don’t like Coztanza or Solder and Im not a fan of adding a QB at 34 either)

I have always agreed with the things you say about guys – its obvious you know what you are talking about. I would feel better about this upcoming draft if you were running the draft than the cronies we have in there (not saying much, but still a compliment :thumbsup: ).

I will volunteer for your staff and would also strongly recommend tgreg. My bet is we three could outdraft the Bills staff :bag:

I agree with you totally! GM, head coach, positional coaches and scouts really don't know what they're doing! You and Why So Serious would do a great job drafting while watching youtube videos!!!

I read your entire post and agree with you 100%, until you got to the list of the 2nd rounders (I still don’t like Coztanza or Solder and Im not a fan of adding a QB at 34 either)

I have always agreed with the things you say about guys – its obvious you know what you are talking about. I would feel better about this upcoming draft if you were running the draft than the cronies we have in there (not saying much, but still a compliment :thumbsup: ).

Thoner has a boner for WSS :nana:

WSS: Appreciate the insight even if I tend to disagree w/ much of what you say. Nonetheless, it's always good discourse with you on here.

My take...

1) Agree on Peterson. Would be better on Eagles or press type of team. I remember Julio catching 4-5 on him real easily. Just a snapshot, I know, but for all the hype...

2) Wouldn't be mad w/ either Dareus or Fairley. Risk reward as you point out.

3) I think you're personal character attack on Bowers is unsubstantiated

4) We know we both disagree on Miller

5)I think we both think Cam or Gabbert could work w/ Chan at the helm

6)AJ Green is bust-proof

7) AM I CRAZY, BUT IS PRINCE A DARK-HORSE CANDIDATE AT 3? I think he'll be the best CB of this class. Scary, I know.

8) Cam/Watt both good trade down targets.

I agree with you totally! GM, head coach, positional coaches and scouts really don't know what they're doing! You and Why So Serious would do a great job drafting while watching youtube videos!!!

Ha. I agree, thats funny.

The Buffalo Bills media relations department has charted 107 mock drafts dating back to April 27, 2010. Below is a list of the players most selected for the Bills …

22 - Cam Newton

21 - Von Miller

20 - Marcell Dareus

15 - Blaine Gabbert

8 - Da'Quan Bowers