Draft scenario discussions

Thoner7

:lol: You and me both are sick of drafting CBs and neglecting the lines. Hopefully we get it right this year. I am like a kid at Christmas on draft day

Yep - how right you are. Just look at the drafts since Nix is back -

2009 3 linemen, 1st, 1st, 2nd

3 DB 2nd, 6th, 7th

2010 4 linemen, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th

0 DB

Those bastards!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Travis Henry's children make a suprise appearance to individually announce the first 9 picks of the 2011 draft, with the 10th one done by his twins.

Willis McGahee walks in the hall Naked for PETA again.

Marshawn Lynch will be "parking cars" around the area all night long.

Scheduled to be a draft supporter for the Buffalo Bills, CJ Spiller is notably absent during the entire campaign.

Edited by Scrappy

I don't want to shock too many people and this might seem really outrageous even for this thread, but there may be a 1 in 10 thousand chance that Casey Matthews is not our fourth round pick.

You asked for outrageous so you got it. I know it seems crazy.

I don't want to shock too many people and this might seem really outrageous even for this thread, but there may be a 1 in 10 thousand chance that Casey Matthews is not our fourth round pick.

You asked for outrageous so you got it. I know it seems crazy.

They will pick the kicker/punter from Nebraska in the 4th.

well i dont think its a lock whoever has the first pick will take luck. could end up being a team that already has a QB but he got hurt and the season tanked cause of it. maybe a bradford injury and the rams blow or maybe rivers gets hurt and SD goes down the tankeven maybe the saints. i dont wanna see any of them get hurt but i could then see those teams trading out of 1 or not taking luck. its the best possibility for a team to not take him 1st overall if he continues to play at a high level next year.

3 DB 2nd, 6th, 7th

0 DB

Those bastards!

2011 3 linemen, 1st, 3rd, 4th

and then we just might be okay for a bit

Travis Henry's children make a suprise appearance to individually announce the first 9 picks of the 2011 draft, with the 10th one done by his twins.

Willis McGahee walks in the hall Naked for PETA again.

Marshawn Lynch will be "parking cars" around the area all night long.

Scheduled to be a draft supporter for the Buffalo Bills, CJ Spiller is notably absent during the entire campaign.

Lawrence Taylor is babysitting Goodells children for the night :devil:

3 DB 2nd, 6th, 7th

0 DB

Those bastards!

Two of those guys in 2010 are actually LBs. And Maybin under no circumstances should be counted as a lineman. He is built more like a DB!

Considering the lines takes up 35-40% of the starting 22, you would think a proportionate % of draft picks would be used on the position. thats 5-6 lineman in the past 2 years. We are still below that.

I wouldn't mind some of those picks. I think we need Von Miller at 3. His numbers at the combine beat Clay Matthew's numbers. They are the same size too. Miller is 3" taller than James Harrison. He can cover, he can rush the passer. He was wearing a Bills hat during a charity trip during the Senior Bowl. BOOM! Miller to B-Lo at 3!

The interview with Cam Jordan on ESPN really impressed me. Seems like a great kid with a good head on his shoulders. I could definitely see us taking him at #3, and I wouldn't mind a bit.

Ponder in the second, please no.

I agree with your opinion on Jordan. You can tell he had great parents and a good head on his shoulder. I'm normally of the mindset of if you want a player, draft him. But you can definitely trade down and get Jordan later. He is at worst going to be a very solid pro.

If you look at the current front office and how they operate some things need to fit so they will draft a player. Last year every player selected was a senior. Players they select this year must have either played at the Senior bowl or have visited One Bills Drive in the last month. Then finally fit a need. If you look at the players brought to OBD they were mostly front seven defensive players or QB's. So here's my guess at the first four rounds. Carolina takes Cam Newton QB and Denver takes Marcell Dareus DE.

1st Round. Cam Jordan DE, Californa. He fits a need, played at the Senior Bowl, visited OBD, can play both 3-4 and 4-3 and has a good blood line. Buddy Nix said earlier this year that he is happy with OLB's so my guess is that Von Miller is out.

2nd Round. Christian Ponder QB, FSU. He fits a need, MVP of the Senior Bowl, recruited by Galley in high school, visited OBD, played in the Pistol Offense which Galley likes, and is smart.

3rd Round. Kelvin Sheppard ILB, LSU. He fits a need, played in the Senior Bowl, and visited OBD.

4th Round. Wright, Shareece CB, USC . Mcgee is old and MCkelvin is bad so fits a need, played in the Senior bowl with Galley.

4th Round from Seatle. Pinkston, Jason OT, Pittsburgh Played in Senior Bowl, played at Pitt for Wannstedt, three year start at LOT and fits a need.

I would say I would be happy with this draft. How about You!!

Not bad, but how bout this?

1. Cam Jordan DE Cal

2. Brooks Reed OLB Arizona

3. Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia

4a. Chris White ILB Mississippi St

4b. John Moffit OG/C Wisconsin

Not bad, but how bout this?

1. Cam Jordan DE Cal

2. Brooks Reed OLB Arizona

3. Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia

4a. Chris White ILB Mississippi St

4b. John Moffit OG/C Wisconsin

I know people will have a fit if you draft a corner but the bio I read about Dowling sounds like he would be a steal in the 3rd. http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2011/03/the-road-to-the-draft-cb-ras-i-dowling.html

Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia

6-foot-2, 198 pounds

Draft projection: Second or third round

Lowdown: Dowling could be a steal. He has excellent cover skills, and he ran a 4.40 time in the 40-yard dash at the combine. He’s big. The problem is he played only three full games last season because of a knee injury and then a fractured ankle. He appeared in 35 of a possible 37 games his first three years at Virginia. He had three interceptions apiece in 2008 and 2009. If he lasted to early in the third round, Buffalo might have to consider him.

Dowling does not like to show a lot of bravado. He's workmanlike. He ran a Christian leadership program for teammates at Virginia. He graduated with a degree in sociology in 3 1-2 years.

He has a thin - very thin - connection to Buffalo. His father, Larry Dowling, is a big boxing fan who liked former fighter Livingstone Bramble. Bramble changed his first name to Ras-I. Larry Dowling liked the name. The younger Dowling's middle name is Luis, after former world lightweight champ Jose Luis Ramirez. What does this have to do with Buffalo? Livingstone Bramble scored a technical knockout of Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini to win the world lightweight title in Buffalo's Memorial Auditorium.

Said ESPN’s Mel Kiper: “I like guys who are coming off an injury and drop, because if they showed talent and had a high grade before an injury, they're gonna come back from that and they're gonna probably be fine," he said. "History tells us that, and you can get 'em at bargain points. ... If you get him in the third or fourth round, you got yourself a pick worth taking.”