Rumor: Trade Between Bills and Eagles

if you really want to do this, but cant because of the CBA, you do this. philly says, you can have our first (23) second (54) and third (85) and kolb, for your third.

they want peterson, you draft peterson

then you call them and say i want player x when the 23 pick happens, player y at 54 and player z at 85. then, as soon as the CBA happens, you trade everyone. since there is probably going to be a rookie wage scale, you never negotiate contracts, so that doesnt matter, and if they want PP, hes all yours.

having said that, i dont believe it at all. then again, they did trade up last year very high.

Thinking outside the box i see...could happen , but the compensation for #3 overall isn't there.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's more reason to believe this rumor is pure cow dung: According to the draft value chart, our #3 is worth 2,200 points. Philly's entire draft, all 7 rounds, all 8 picks that can be traded (2 comp picks can't be traded) are only worth 1,489.

Then what is Kevin Kolb worth? He was a #36 pick, which is worth 540 points. Philly #1 and #2 are worth 1,120, barely half of 2,200. That's 1,080 points short of equal value. A #14-#15 pick is worth 1,080. Does anyone here think Kolb is worth a #14 pick? I don't think so.

PTR

Totally different regime, but if you want to think that, go ahead. :doh:

PTR

Come on PTR, that just means it's time for the Epic Three Team Trade Scenario, ala Bennett in 87.:-) The Wash/Phi/Buff trade or Minn/Phi/Buff trade or Ari/Phi/Buff trade. Philly would have to throw in more picks to Buffalo, and somebody else would get Kolb.

this is probably total crap....but just for funsies....i would do that deal.

.... if Kolb was in this draft, he'd go first overall.... plus #23 & #54......

Being down here in South Jersey ... there is now way Kolb would go in the top ten of this year's draft.

I definitely like Fitz better than Kolb ... now if the Eagles tossed in next year's #1 pick too plus all the above then I just might say go for it and let Kolb be our back-up.

There is no way the Eagles are going to give away their future starting QB (probably this year, after tiny Mike Vick is broken) and their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks for......a DB?

This is April Fools stuff. No trades allowed anyway.

I dunno about that. He was a late 2d when he was drafted and has yet to do anything in the pros to justify being picked any higher.

I heard players can't be traded because there's no CBA. I don't know where I heard that but I think I remember hearing it.

Now I remember where I heard it, it was the countless times on every major sports network, the hundreds of times on TBD, and it's been in every major newspaper covering the NFL off season.

I agree, would do it as fast as budddy nix picked cj spiller

In Buddy's con call with season ticket holders, he said NO TRADES PERIOD until draft day, and at least for now, can only be for draft picks, not players. That said, I hope the Bills don't do this. I'd rather roll the dice with Cam or Ponder of Kaepernick in rounds 2 or 3 than with Kolb and lower draft picks.

I kinda agree, I haven't figured out what the big deal with Kolb is. Every time I have seen him play he has been anything but great. I would just as soon see them take a flyer with one of the QBs in this draft.

I kinda agree, I haven't figured out what the big deal with Kolb is. Every time I have seen him play he has been anything but great. I would just as soon see them take a flyer with one of the QBs in this draft.

Because this year if you need a QB then you realize that Kolb is years beyond what any QB in this draft will be and more then likely will ever be...and that's not saying much...

Only Bills fans, after year after year of stupid drafting, would entertain the possibility of another team wanting a defensive back that much.

Other franchises do not have perpetual losers such as Levy and Jauron calling the shots. These fools would probably trade up to take a defensive back at #3. I don't think that even the worst franchises in the NFL have people idiotic enough to make a trade such as this for a db, let alone the Eagles.

Say what you will about Nix/Gailey, but I sure am glad that Levy and Jauron are out of Buffalo.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Being down here in South Jersey ... there is now way Kolb would go in the top ten of this year's draft.

I definitely like Fitz better than Kolb ... now if the Eagles tossed in next year's #1 pick too plus all the above then I just might say go for it and let Kolb be our back-up.

No guarantee there will be a draft next year, it may be declared illegal. Teams that trade for future picks do so at their own risk.

Because this year if you need a QB then you realize that Kolb is years beyond what any QB in this draft will be and more then likely will ever be...and that's not saying much...

Season Team Passing Rushing Fumbles

G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost

2010 Philadelphia Eagles 7 5 115 189 60.8 1,197 6.3 7 7 15 99 76.1 15 65 4.3 0 6 3

2009 Philadelphia Eagles 5 2 62 96 64.6 741 7.7 4 3 3 27 88.9 5 -1 -0.2 1 2 1

2008 Philadelphia Eagles 6 0 17 34 50.0 144 4.2 0 4 0 0 21.8 13 2 0.2 0 -- --

2007 Philadelphia Eagles 1 0 0 0 -- 0 -- 0 0 2 13 0.0 3 -2 -0.7 0 1 1

TOTAL 194 319 60.8 2,082 6.5 11 14 20 139 73.2 36 64 1.8 1 9 5

What about those stats on Kolb's career makes him years beyond anyone? His numbers aren't even as good as Fitz's are, and anyone that has a clue knows he isn't a franchise quarterback. He has for his career 11 TDs and 14 Ints-on a Playoff caliber team every year. Some people talk without doing any research.

Are you saying Kolb has more upside than any QB in this years draft? What makes you think this? He's been in the league 4 years and is still not starting.

Are you saying Kolb has more upside than any QB in this years draft? What makes you think this? He's been in the league 4 years and is still not starting.

He's been behind a borderline HOFer and this past season, lost his job due to injury and an MVP caliber season by Mike Vick. Let's just say circumstances have not been in his favor.

Season Team Passing Rushing Fumbles

G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost

2010 Philadelphia Eagles 7 5 115 189 60.8 1,197 6.3 7 7 15 99 76.1 15 65 4.3 0 6 3

2009 Philadelphia Eagles 5 2 62 96 64.6 741 7.7 4 3 3 27 88.9 5 -1 -0.2 1 2 1

2008 Philadelphia Eagles 6 0 17 34 50.0 144 4.2 0 4 0 0 21.8 13 2 0.2 0 -- --

2007 Philadelphia Eagles 1 0 0 0 -- 0 -- 0 0 2 13 0.0 3 -2 -0.7 0 1 1

TOTAL 194 319 60.8 2,082 6.5 11 14 20 139 73.2 36 64 1.8 1 9 5

What about those stats on Kolb's career makes him years beyond anyone? His numbers aren't even as good as Fitz's are, and anyone that has a clue knows he isn't a franchise quarterback. He has for his career 11 TDs and 14 Ints-on a Playoff caliber team every year. Some people talk without doing any research.

Well, Rogers played for GB for three years and wasn't starting. Young was in SF for 4 years, yet couldn't become the "starter". Hmmm....

First, this is not confirmed but it's a slow Monday so here we go. Also, I may not be sure and maybe someone can clarify, but I was under the impression that only draft picks could be traded and not players because there is no CBA in place?

Link: http://www.fanfeedr.com/nfl/2011/04/04/rumors-of-blockbuster-trade-between-philadelphia-eagles-and-buff?utm_term=NFL+NEWS&utm_content=NFL+NEWS&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=FF

although Im not buying this i would not be surprised with the Eagles wanting to make a move like this...there has been a lot of speculation in Philly that the eagles want another corner with a lot of talk surrounding Nnamdi Asomugha

the bills need a stud on the d-line and they can get one at 3 but this is a deep draft for the d-line so they could probably get one at 23 or 34 as well

There have been trade rumors between the Eagles and the Bengals for similar picks except #4 rather than #3.

This makes a lot more sense since Kolb is needed there more than here. I suspect this rumor was created to

drive the price up on the Bengals. I really don't think the Bills have any interest in Kolb. Kolb wants to start

and I'm not sure in our offense he beats out Fitzy next year. Plus you got to pay him way more than a rooky draft pick.

Bengals Eagles trade