latest walter mock draft

DUFF

has the Bills taking...

1. QB Cam Newton

2. TE Kyle Rudolph

3. OT James Carpenter

A little different than what Gailey suggested about taking mostly defense in this draft. But at this time of year

you can't take anything people say at face value...even though our good'ol'boys seem like pretty straight shooters.

If they do decide to go with Cam in the first then this mock does make sense...giving him a TE to throw to

and an OT to protect him. Honestly I like this draft...but am concerned about the defense as well. It's unfortunate

that the one time in how many years we have the #3 pick in the draft...and there is NO clear cut, this is the guy,

type of player out there. At least not in comparison to last year with Bradford being the clear cut best QB, Suh being

the clear cut best NT. Someone else on this board also made a good point that we drafted mostly defense last year.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

has the Bills taking...

1. QB Cam Newton

2. TE Kyle Rudolph

3. OT James Carpenter

A little different than what Gailey suggested about taking mostly defense in this draft. But at this time of year

you can't take anything people say at face value...even though our good'ol'boys seem like pretty straight shooters.

If they do decide to go with Cam in the first then this mock does make sense...giving him a TE to throw to

and an OT to protect him. Honestly I like this draft...but am concerned about the defense as well. It's unfortunate

that the one time in how many years we have the #3 pick in the draft...and there is NO clear cut, this is the guy,

type of player out there. At least not in comparison to last year with Bradford being the clear cut best QB, Suh being

the clear cut best NT. Someone else on this board also made a good point that we drafted mostly defense last year.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

Yep, mission accomplished :thumbsup: time to focus on improving the offense.

Cam will be in Carolina. The Bills will go defense with the first 2 picks and grab Christian Ponder/Kaepernick in 3rd. Ponder has history with Gailey as Chan tried to recruit him out of HS.

good chance of that happening, but in the 2nd

Please no Newton. We don't need another JaMarcus Russell or Akili Smith. One year wonders.

+1 no prima donnas please. I have been wrong plenty times before, but I have a feeling Newton will be a bust in the NFL

Yep, mission accomplished :thumbsup: time to focus on improving the offense.

Johnny that avatar is horrible! I can see switchin from bangles Fitz but you should have waited for Bills #11 Gabbert.

Please no Newton. We don't need another JaMarcus Russell or Akili Smith. One year wonders.

Amen.

Cam will be in Carolina. The Bills will go defense with the first 2 picks and grab Christian Ponder/Kaepernick in 3rd. Ponder has history with Gailey as Chan tried to recruit him out of HS.

Good info, I think the complete mum stance on Ponder is because Gailey already knows him pretty well and spent time with him in the Senior Bowl.

If they trade down and get an extra second, that extra second has Christian Ponder's name all over it. Just my complete unfounded speculation.

I hate this Walter Chompsky mock, this would be horrible. All the D-Line talent in we pass on it. I would be thoroughly worried about one Bills Drive if something like that happened.

Good news is I doubt that mock is close to reality.

Good info, I think the complete mum stance on Ponder is because Gailey already knows him pretty well and spent time with him in the Senior Bowl.

If they trade down and get an extra second, that extra second has Christian Ponder's name all over it. Just my complete unfounded speculation.

I hate this Walter Chompsky mock, this would be horrible. All the D-Line talent in we pass on it. I would be thoroughly worried about one Bills Drive if something like that happened.

Ken Schrager on Fox has the Bills taking Dareus and Ponder at 3/34. I'd be much happier with that then with the crap walter spews out.

Ken Schrager on Fox has the Bills taking Dareus and Ponder at 3/34. I'd be much happier with that then with the crap walter spews out.

I know people will call Ponder a reach at #34 but I tend to think that if they don't pick up an extra second in a trade down, they may go Ponder at #34 because they don't want to risk missing out.

For some reason people on this board fell in love with Kapernick but I think Ponder is the one that the guys at One Bills Drive like.

I'm preparing myself for the "reach" combo of Cam Jordan/Christian Ponder. It would be a very Buffalo Bills like draft, and for a change I wouldn't mind.

Agree on Newton, but it's looking less and less likely that Kaepernick will be around in the 3rd, and Ponder almost certainly won't.

Agreed re: Ponder. My beef here is that I doubt (1) the team will trade down (and I'm okay with that) and (2) that they'd get an extra 2nd round pick out of it. They'd have to move down pretty far to do that. Case-and-point: Miami had to move from pick 12 to pick 28 in order to get a 2nd rounder from SD last year; I really don't want to see Buffalo move down 16 picks when they have a chance to draft a top 5 talent.

I know people will call Ponder a reach at #34 but I tend to think that if they don't pick up an extra second in a trade down, they may go Ponder at #34 because they don't want to risk missing out.

For some reason people on this board fell in love with Kapernick but I think Ponder is the one that the guys at One Bills Drive like.

I'm preparing myself for the "reach" combo of Cam Jordan/Christian Ponder. It would be a very Buffalo Bills like draft, and for a change I wouldn't mind.

My guess is that it's because he has a similar skill set to Newton (which no one seems to argue fits Gailey's system well) but would come without the entertainer/icon stygma and risk associated with a top 3 pick.

Not sure I agree with it, but I do understand how others might see it that way.

Why? They would never be on the field as our D would be yielding 200 yards plus on the ground game in and game out.

This would assume no improvement from Troup, Carrington, Moats, or Batten, no? Are you ready to write these guys off?

SOO many (not saying you) are SOO willing to assume that Spiller will come around and win us games, let alone perform at an acceptable NFL level. Is there no hope for these young defenders?

We desperately need a TE and at least 1 more blocker. I saw Carpenter play quite a bit and I think he would be a great addition to this team. Most don't project him to LT, but he has experience against the best and could play there in a pinch imo. I think that he will go in round 2, and this is part of the reason I am fond of this mock.

Jmo.

Our offense needs as much help and attention as the defense. So this draft would be great especially if there is no season in 2011. We can go offense this year and defense next or defense this year and offense next. But with the preponderance of great Def players this year I would go all D this year and hope for no season and that we Luck out next year.