Aaron Maybin

He`s bulked as big as he can get,without roids. He is a small build type. Look how small his head is. Maybe Merriman can hook him up with a few cycles of roids. Do it till he gets caught. Thats the only way this beech is getting on the field. What a poor front office decision. It drove me crazy when they picked him.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been told by my !@#$, who has never told me anything that hasn't come to fruition, that they have and are trying everything, but Maybin can just not gain weight.

I really do think they should try him at TE.

This is a really funny thing to have censored.

Sure, why not :D

Don't give me that frame crap, I come from small people and when I stopped growing I weighed 140 lbs. Now at the extreme height of 5'7" I weigh 260 bench 485 and deadlift 705. I am a lot older now but I got up to 235 by the time I was 24. If he gets stronger he will get bigger, it's as simple as that.

Unfortunately if the muscle is too much for his frame, I'd expect a loss of speed and agility- no?

Don't give me that frame crap, I come from small people and when I stopped growing I weighed 140 lbs. Now at the extreme height of 5'7" I weigh 260 bench 485 and deadlift 705. I am a lot older now but I got up to 235 by the time I was 24. If he gets stronger he will get bigger, it's as simple as that.

So this is how you explain the fact that at 6'1" tall, Brian Moorman is 175 pounds and Kyle Williams is 305 pounds…diet and workout?

You believe that if he wanted to, Roscoe Parrish could be as thickly built as Maurice Jones-Drew?

Why at 5'9" tall do I have larger feet and broader shoulders than a friend of mine who is 6 feet tall?

Why do I know people shorter than me who have much larger knee joints,,,whose wrists are thicker than mine?

Here's a clue: The answer does not have anything to do with muscle, working out, or diet.

Look at Maybin's frame and it's easy to simply admit that he's got a similar frame to jumbo wide receivers or pass-catching tight ends.

I don't really understand why people would actually argue the fact that Maybin has a small frame. It's a very strange obstinance…this denial of the obvious.

Even if he was 260, he still would over-pursue, take bad angles, and overall just look lost. Even in the rare occasion the OL doesn't swallow him up, he doesn't seem to know how to make a play.

So this is how you explain the fact that at 6'1" tall, Brian Moorman is 175 pounds and Kyle Williams is 305 pounds…diet and workout?

You believe that if he wanted to, Roscoe Parrish could be as thickly built as Maurice Jones-Drew?

Why at 5'9" tall do I have larger feet and broader shoulders than a friend of mine who is 6 feet tall?

Why do I know people shorter than me who have much larger knee joints,,,whose wrists are thicker than mine?

Here's a clue: The answer does not have anything to do with muscle, working out, or diet.

Look at Maybin's frame and it's easy to simply admit that he's got a similar frame to jumbo wide receivers or pass-catching tight ends.

I don't really understand why people would actually argue the fact that Maybin has a small frame. It's a very strange obstinance…this denial of the obvious.

Even if he was 260, he still would over-pursue, take bad angles, and overall just look lost. Even in the rare occasion the OL doesn't swallow him up, he doesn't seem to know how to make a play.

And there you have it. No doubt about it, the guy has a thin frame. He actually does have some muscles already, but he doesn't look like this guy. http://img201.imageshack.us/i/bodybuilder.jpg/sr=1 And, even if he did look like that, it wouldn't mean he's suddenly a great football player.

Sure, why not :D

It's not crap at all. Everybody is different, but I haven't met the naturally thin person who puts on the girth you describe. Unless, as I said, they were taking steroids. Which is a different discussion. All of these players work out. They are professionals. It's part of what they do. Why is that a Jairus Byrd weighs 210 and not 280? Why does Spiller weigh 200 and not 250? They lift weights more than the average person. Could it be they have maximized their natural frame? They CAN get stronger without getting much bigger. One doesn't necessarily follow the other.

You speak of lifting. Do you perform any cardio? Can you move well? Are you quick? Are you flexible? Being strong and big is one thing. Being strong and big and able to move quickly, with speed and flexibility is something else altogether. Maybin being 280 and slow does him no good either.

Genetics baby

JUST THINKING OUT LOUD BUT WOULD THERE BE ANY CHANCE OF HIM GOING TO SAY SAFETY OR ANOTHER POSITION LIKE OUR ONE SAFETY DID ?? HE STARTED OUT AS A WR & THEY CHANGED HIM TO SAFETY . I KNOW HE WENT FROM DE TO LB BUT LIKE I SAID I"M JUST THINKING OUT LOUD !!!

Guys at this point we should be questioning whether Aaron can add weight in the NFL....that question appears to have been answered....

No the thing that should be questioned now is HEART....ticker.....this guy cannot get on the field as a SPECIAL TEAMER

Special teams is all about heart and effort.....you have undersized Div III guys that play on special teams because there is a higher pedigree better performing player in front of them starting.....

Maybin cant even hang with those guys....a high first rounder that they wont even let play special teams....yuk!

Wow - great article. I like this:

Gailey declared it was put-up-or-shut-up time for Maybin, an alleged edge rusher who "hasn't shown it in practice or in games."

The one thing that I wasn't sure in reading that is if Gailey is saying he just doesn't have what it takes or if he's saying he doesn't work hard enough.

The one thing that I wasn't sure in reading that is if Gailey is saying he just doesn't have what it takes or if he's saying he doesn't work hard enough.

Is that a joke? Because it's completely clear.

TG: "Is it A or B?"

CG: "It's not A."

TG: "So, it's B."

The more interesting thing is that Nix said that Maybin is positively unreleasable regardless of his performance. Glad to know we're all on the same page and not flushing good money after bad. :bag:

Maybe he can move to ILB.

I was wondering the same thing, because with his athletic ability you'd think he could cover, but maybe he's just too damn dumb to understand how to operate within a scheme. I mean ****, the guy doesn't seem to be able to grasp the concept of rushing the passer.

Maybin's lack of bulk is secondary. His work ethic is garbage. He came in, found out how much harder it is in the NFL to produce, and gave up. He gave up and hasn't put any effort in trying to get better. That's his biggest problem.

His lack of heft isn't prohibitive on special teams is it? Of course not. 99% of Aaron's problems are upstairs.

Is that a joke? Because it's completely clear.

TG: "Is it A or B?"

TG: "So, it's B."

The more interesting thing is that Nix said that Maybin is positively unreleasable regardless of his performance. Glad to know we're all on the same page and not flushing good money after bad. :bag:

truly, the money saved by releasing him is minimal. you can hold him til week 1 almost if not completely free, and then his salary is minimal surprisingly. i know that we all say we could pick someone else off the street that is better, but i see why based on potential you would keep him atleast til final cuts unless he totally wrecks the locker room with poor behavior.