Aaron Maybin

Maybin's lack of bulk is secondary. His work ethic is garbage. He came in, found out how much harder it is in the NFL to produce, and gave up. He gave up and hasn't put any effort in trying to get better. That's his biggest problem.

His lack of heft isn't prohibitive on special teams is it? Of course not. 99% of Aaron's problems are upstairs.

Wait - didn't Chan just say he works hard?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

truly, the money saved by releasing him is minimal. you can hold him til week 1 almost if not completely free, and then his salary is minimal surprisingly. i know that we all say we could pick someone else off the street that is better, but i see why based on potential you would keep him atleast til final cuts unless he totally wrecks the locker room with poor behavior.

I read that as Chan just doesn't think he's good enough to play in this league. "Potential" is equivalent to talking, it's cheap and meaningless. If it's "free" to keep him, then it is free to dump him. And, I disagree that keeping a guy that can't play the game is a good move. If you're trying to change a loser culture, then going all-in loser mode and keeping a pure stiff just because of his draft status and/or contract isn't going to ever get it done. You can't load up your roster with a bunch of McCargos and Maybins and expect to compete, didn't the Packers show that last year?