Will you watch the CFL or UFL?

major

When the lockout becomes official tomorrow morning, are you more likely to watch the CFL or UFL? I'm leaning towards CFL. Doesn't the NFL Network play CFL games on their network? If not, where can we watch them?

On a side note, do you think the owners will go after scab players again (via 1987)? I could see some UFL players easily going back into the NFL if they used scabs. If the owners get scabs, I will DEFINITELY watch it.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither. Call me an American gridiron fan, but both those games are silly, IMO.

Just college, with the possible exception of old Bills games on video..

Also, yes, if the lockout runs into the regular season, the precedent for Scab-ball has been set.

When the lockout becomes official tomorrow morning, are you more likely to watch the CFL or UFL? I'm leaning towards CFL. Doesn't the NFL Network play CFL games on their network? If not, where can we watch them?

On a side note, do you think the owners will go after scab players again (via 1987)? I could see some UFL players easily going back into the NFL if they used scabs. If the owners get scabs, I will DEFINITELY watch it.

Don't care for either. I only care about the NFL and my care has since dwindled as a fan, mostly due to the Bills stinking it up for over a decade now, and just how the game has become so stupid with all the player movement and ridiculous commercial breaks between play, I find myself numb to it. I really love football. I love the game. It's the ultimate team sport. But the NFL has just been guided by greed and getting the maximum dollar then actually caring about the fans. It's like they know what's best for us, instead of the fans saying, this is what we want. I think a lockout would be good. I don't care about arguments over Millions of dollars. There is so many other issues that are more important. Like the play of the game and how rules should be enforced.

Everything matters to a degree, but the big picture seems to be clouded by owner and player greed. They're the rulers of it all...

I am hoping that a smart college football program tentatively schedules their games for Sundays and gets CBS or Fox to carry a couple of them nationwide. Talk about a recruiting tool and money maker. I’m not a golden domer but their agreement with ABC could be a big factor in just showing them Sundays instead of Saturdays. Or maybe the SEC talks with CBS to put their top matchup on Sunday.

Lots of money to be made and lots of exposure too.

I am hoping that a smart college football program tentatively schedules their games for Sundays and gets CBS or Fox to carry a couple of them nationwide. Talk about a recruiting tool and money maker. I’m not a golden domer but their agreement with ABC could be a big factor in just showing them Sundays instead of Saturdays. Or maybe the SEC talks with CBS to put their top matchup on Sunday.

Notre Dame's contract is with NBC not ABC.

I think the agreement is with NBC

I'm going to watch the NFL this season. It's March! A lockout in March doesn't mean the season is in danger. If October 15th comes along & there's still a lockout with bno progress, then I might be concerned about the season. We may not have football on time, but we will have the NFL this year.

Notre Dame's contract is with NBC not ABC.

I think the agreement is with NBC

Like I said, I don’t really follow them much, thanks for the correction.

I still think there is a huge opportunity for college teams to play on Sundays. Maybe some NFL fans will tune in, and become fans of that college team, even if only a little bit. National exposure to recruiting and TV dollars. I would be suprised if Fox and or CBS don't actively go after the college teams. It could be HUGE WESTENR NEW YORK HUGGGEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!