only 4 QBs

There are only four QBs in the draft that are worth drafting, all others are a complete waste of time:

1. Colin Kaepernick, Is the most raw but the best upside, looked good in the games I saw rocket arm, wheels, stays calm under pressure, Similar to Vic but not quite as explosive.

2. Blaine Gabbert, Good Athlete can make plays on the run reminds me of Roethlisberger but better runner and not as big.

3. Ryan Mallet, BIG arm, good decision maker, more mobile than given credit for, not good under pressure will need a good line for protection, like Bledsoe who was a great QB for many years.

4. Andy Dalton, 4 yr starter, good at everything great at nothing, next Eli Manning.

I am going with Kaepernick anywhere after first and Robert Quinn at 3.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Blaine Gabbert, Good Athlete can make plays on the run reminds me of Roethlisberger but better runner and not as big.

Hmmm. Maybe a roughie, how about Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State. Remonds me of Michael Vick, except White, or Steve Young, except Right handed or John Elway, except not as durable, or Jim Kelly, but not as tall... sorry, but, you were open...

There are only four QBs in the draft that are worth drafting, all others are a complete waste of time:

1. Colin Kaepernick, Is the most raw but the best upside, looked good in the games I saw rocket arm, wheels, stays calm under pressure, Similar to Vic but not quite as explosive.

3. Ryan Mallet, BIG arm, good decision maker, more mobile than given credit for, not good under pressure will need a good line for protection, like Bledsoe who was a great QB for many years.

4. Andy Dalton, 4 yr starter, good at everything great at nothing, next Eli Manning.

I'd only count 1 on that list. And it ain't Kaepernick :thumbdown:

Is "given credit for" what they are calling Frankenstein these days?

I love when people take 4 mid round qbs and compares them to or calls them all the next big ben, Eli, Vick and Bledsoe. You know, 3 guys that went #1 and one that fell to about 10.

Other then Gabbert it's wholly possible that 3 of them are on the board still on day 3.

Edit: I know Gabbert isnt mid round. Probably mid first.

Edited by NoSaint

IMO Colin Kaepernick is too raw and needs a ton of work on mechanics and throwing motion to use our 2nd round pick on. I do like that his completion % improved with each year. However, he doesn't play against the stiffest of competition. During the Senior Bowl week, he showed very good velocity in his throws and had good mobility. His throwing motion is just a mess.

Because he's probably a 2-3 year project, I'm not taking him before the 4th round. The upside is there, but we need to get some instant starters with our 1st couple of picks and he's not one of them.

Also, of the 4 QB's listed, I think Gabbert is going to be the better NFL QB of them all.

Edited by Bangarang

I was under the impression that Mallet's decision making is one of his biggest faults. Maybe it's just me?

I'd only count 1 on that list. And it ain't Kaepernick :thumbdown:

it ain't Stanzi :oops:

... unless a team with a semi-established QB wants a 2 to 3 year project.

Fitz

I was under the impression that Mallet's decision making is one of his biggest faults. Maybe it's just me?

when he is not under pressure.

The waste of time in your list is Mallett.

You're leaving out one very good prospect who I believe will be a guy described as "shooting up draft boards" just as there always is. Delaware QB Pat Devlin.

Devin won't make it in the League.

just curious why the OP left Cam Newton off the list.

He is on every list of first round graded QBs you find by all of the draft experts.

He has unique physical skills and has won 2 national chanpionships and started every game over the last 2 seasons.

I would be interested to hear why you would not even consider him 'worth drafting'

I'd be ok with Quinn i guess, better than VM. Kaepernick scares me as a JP Losman type...

Hmmm. Maybe a roughie, how about Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State. Remonds me of Michael Vick, except White

Uhh, what? Not seeing it, Ponder is somewhat mobile...but Vick? Ponder is one of the most average QB's being talked about in the draft, and he was on a historically good FB team with solid recruiting. Vick at least looked good in college, watching ponder reminded me a lot more of Trent Edwards....

just curious why the OP left Cam Newton off the list.

He is on every list of first round graded QBs you find by all of the draft experts.

He has unique physical skills and has won 2 national chanpionships and started every game over the last 2 seasons.

I would be interested to hear why you would not even consider him 'worth drafting'

Just don't like him as a QB, all the games I saw he had a run first mentality.