Parking at RWS is cheap compared to Dallas

Just Jack

Who'd Pay $990 to Park at Super Bowl?

His lot is actually home to his business, Ticketsource.com. Wendorf's been selling tickets for 20 years in Dallas and moved his office here when Cowboys Stadium was being built. He figured it would be good exposure, and he'd make a nice side income selling parking spaces.

There are 32, and they usually go for $100 to $150 for Cowboys games. Wendorf knew the Super Bowl would bring a premium. He just didn't know how primo it would be.

His initial price was $500 a spot. People started snapping them up, so Wendorf's free enterprise instincts took over. Most of the usual parking around the stadium was being taken over by tents and trucks. Demand was so high because the supply was so down.

Wendorf started increasing the asking price. There were actually three spots available for $990. My guess is there will be three satisfied customers come Sunday night.

A relative of mine just moved to Dallas and will actually be working at the game; they were shocked to learn that about the parking situation. Apparently, there is no where to park and also there is no tailgating. That means drinks will be way too much and parking even more.

I can assure you, no.

And BTW, been living here for 7 years now, have yet to meet anyone who even remotely likes Jerry Jones.

They probably all wish he would pack up his Dallas Cowboys team and stupid Lombardi trophies and move Los Angeles.

A relative of mine just moved to Dallas and will actually be working at the game; they were shocked to learn that about the parking situation. Apparently, there is no where to park and also there is no tailgating. That means drinks will be way too much and parking even more.

When you factor in the ability to tailgate, bring your own drinks, bathroom access (instead of 20 minutes wait at the port-a-potty), and having a spot right across the street from the stadium instead of relying on your hotel's bus schedule to/from the game, I can easily see how people jumped on it at $500. If you're doing a big Super Bowl weekend, you are probably spending several thousand dollars anyway.

A lot different than the Bills Super Bowl years.

In Minnesota there was no need to park anywhere because the municipalities teamed with the motels and anyone staying in an area motel that wasn't within walking distance of the Metrodome had a free shuttle bus to the game.

In Pasedena, the official Rose bowl general parking, at what I think was a golf course next to the Rose Bowl was $10, if I recall correctly.

I'm not sure about Tampa & Atlanta because we had bus transportation as part of our Super Bowl packages, but Atlanta had a pretty good subway system.

Isn't there any mass transit near the stadium or did JJ build it somewhere where a parking gouge would be guaranteed?

That is insane. I would walk 20 miles before I paid A grand for a parking spot. People have mentioned how different it was at the bills super bowls. The time has long past since the average guy could go to the super bowl. The super bowl is for millionaires & celebrities now. I hope NYC gets a nice noreaster when the bowl is played there. It would be fun to see how the wealthy upperclass freezing their asses off or better yet a super bowl with 50,000 empty seats.

That is insane. I would walk 20 miles before I paid A grand for a parking spot. People have mentioned how different it was at the bills super bowls. The time has long past since the average guy could go to the super bowl. The super bowl is for millionaires & celebrities now. I hope NYC gets a nice noreaster when the bowl is played there. It would be fun to see how the wealthy upperclass freezing their asses off or better yet a super bowl with 50,000 empty seats.

I agree. Playing the game in a cold weather city in a domed stadium is one thing, but NYC in an open air stadium in February? :blink:

So there will be 100,000 + "millionaires and celebrities" in Cowboys Stadium Sunday?

Guess there won't be any Packers fans then.

As soon as they hold a Super Bowl in the Ralph Hammer is set!

I keep saying the Bills are the least expensive fun you can have - $50 tickets, $20 parking. Hell, a lift ticket at the major US ski resorts are around $90 now! That's more than a Bills ticket plus parking...

Did you guys read the story? It isn't like everyone is paying $900 to park. There are some people with some extra coin who want a good parking spot and there happens to be a guy who has some to sell. We live in a free market economy, props to this guy for making what he can.

As soon as they hold a Super Bowl in the Ralph Hammer is set!

I keep saying the Bills are the least expensive fun you can have - $50 tickets, $20 parking. Hell, a lift ticket at the major US ski resorts are around $90 now! That's more than a Bills ticket plus parking...

You'll feel great when heading back to your car after a day of skiing....

When you factor in the ability to tailgate, bring your own drinks, bathroom access (instead of 20 minutes wait at the port-a-potty)

I do not know if I have ever used a port-a-poty at the Bills games. I either find a place to go in the parking lot or go to the cemetary. It is much easier.

Who'd Pay $990 to Park at Super Bowl?

His lot is actually home to his business, Ticketsource.com.

His initial price was $500 a spot. People started snapping them up, so Wendorf's free enterprise instincts took over. Most of the usual parking around the stadium was being taken over by tents and trucks. Demand was so high because the supply was so down.

Wendorf started increasing the asking price. There were actually three spots available for $990. My guess is there will be three satisfied customers come Sunday night.

If only..... your $990 price is LOW http://www.parkhub.com/superbowl Scroll to the bottom $1650.00!

I think I'll be parking in the $275 Game Stop Center Parking Lot which features as a Landmark a Condom Sense store and tailgatin is permitted

Edited by Hammered a Lot

I do not know if I have ever used a port-a-poty at the Bills games. I either find a place to go in the parking lot or go to the cemetary. It is much easier.

You just don't know where to go. There are a number of port-a poties where at most you have a 1 or 2 person wait, if any. Now I'm not talking after noon, but before noon there are plenty. However, since I know where they are & I don't want anyone ruining it for me, I'm not telling :devil:

Yup, but I'm guessing if you tried that outside Cowboys Stadium tomorrow, you'd be watching the game from the Dallas jail.

NO TAILGATING?? That's un-American!

Did you guys read the story? It isn't like everyone is paying $900 to park. There are some people with some extra coin who want a good parking spot and there happens to be a guy who has some to sell. We live in a free market economy, props to this guy for making what he can.

Props to the douchebags who can sell a parking space for that kind of coin, and bigger props to the douchebags willing to spend it!

Have you seen cowboy ticket prices? Do ALL Texas residents own oil wells?

Nope..this one sure does not.

They probably all wish he would pack up his Dallas Cowboys team and stupid Lombardi trophies and move Los Angeles.

This fan does not but I do realize that my owner is unique.

Yup, but I'm guessing if you tried that outside Cowboys Stadium tomorrow, you'd be watching the game from the Dallas jail.

Cowboy Stadium is NOT in Dallas. It is in Arlington and you'd watch from that jail.

In December, I went to the Cowboys/Eagles game. A local shopping center allows you to park there FREE in exchange for a purchase of $ 50.00 and a $ 10.00 fee to ride their shuttle. PM/SM me for details for games next year.