mankins?

brenty

Mankins plays LG, where Levitre plays. And no team should invest huge UFA dollars in a guard after having already allocated a 1st and 2nd round pick, especially one that has practically nothing at OT. Tackle is the high dollar position the Bills need to improve, because the difference between average and excellent guard play isn't that much.

:thumbsup: then get 355 Lb Paul Soliai at NT and we will be way better.

Mankins plays LG, where Levitre plays. And no team should invest huge UFA dollars in a guard after having already allocated a 1st and 2nd round pick, especially one that has practically nothing at OT. Tackle is the high dollar position the Bills need to improve, because the difference between average and excellent guard play isn't that much.

Move Levitre back to tackle where he played in college and did well there for spot duty for us and our line would be great.

LT Levitre

LG Mankins

C Wood

RG Urbick

RT Bulaga; woops missed that pick maybe Carimi or Cannon.

Move Levitre back to tackle where he played in college and did well there for spot duty for us and our line would be great.

LT Levitre

LG Mankins

C Wood

RG Urbick

RT Bulaga; woops missed that pick maybe Carimi or Cannon.

+1

You can move Mankins to RG I would love to see this happen. While I like the idea of a line composed of

LT- Bell

LG- Levitre

C- Wood

RG- Mankins

RT- 2nd round pick

I doubt that Mankins is going to sign with Buffalo. Its hard for us to get free agents to come here and this guy is likely going to be a highly sought after free agent. But if he did thats a sweet offensive line if we could find a RT.

Mankins is an unattainable player for the Bills. He just spent the past 6 years laughing at the Bills on film and now he's going to join this franchise? He would never hear the end of it from his teammates.

he obviously wants money, i dont think he cares where he goes if the money is right. plus, i think we will get some big names in here this year

Mankins is an unattainable player for the Bills. He just spent the past 6 years laughing at the Bills on film and now he's going to join this franchise? He would never hear the end of it from his teammates.

None of that matters. It is all about the money.

Said it once; will say it again...

Bills should make him highest paid interior lineman in the league first night of FA. Move him to RG with Wood at C.

This allows the FO to spend the majority of the draft on DL and LB's with a QB and TE(unless addressed in FA) thrown in the mix.

I would much rather see them go hard for a quality RT free agent then Mankins.....because I think we have guys who can man that spot in Urbik and Wrotto

I would like to see the bills hedge their bets with a veteran RT then take someone around the 2nd round like Marcus Cannon or if one of the higher rated OT's happen to slip

I would much rather see them go hard for a quality RT free agent then Mankins.....because I think we have guys who can man that spot in Urbik and Wrotto

They can man it, but it is highly unlikely that they can play well. Also, who knows what kind of shape the Wood is in after all of those injuries?

If they get a shot at Mankins they need to sign him AND draft a pair of tackles.

I have an idea! Let’s spend free agency money on positions of need. OG is one of the few areas were we have talent.

Lets sign a decent, starting caliber OT, TE, DE, and LB. I would be happy if we signed just one high quality player to fill any one of these positions. Not journeymen, not retreads, and not the dreaded "serviceable" guys.

beggars can't be choosers....."if" and thats a big "IF" quality players like Logan Mankins and Nnamdi Asomugha would or could be persuaded to join the bills even if it means making them the highest paid players at their positions.....YOU DO IT !!!

I have an idea! Let’s spend free agency money on positions of need. OG is one of the few areas were we have talent.

Lets sign a decent, starting caliber OT, TE, DE, and LB. I would be happy if we signed just one high quality player to fill any one of these positions. Not journeymen, not retreads, and not the dreaded "serviceable" guys.

With Wood moving to center, we have a hole at G. I'm not sold on any of the meat sacks they brought in during the season. Mankins would make the line better the moment he signed on the dotted line.

Then again, he's going to stay in NE so it's a moot point I guess.

If you bring in Mankins, he plays right tackle. Your line would be:

Bell-Levitre-Wood-Urbik-Mankins

Buffalo would then be set at OL. Draft focus will be on DL and LB if we go with areas of need. We can address the TE situation in FA.

Mankins, though is going to cost a lot of money at an area where we are pretty solid. I'd rather see us get some LB or DL help. Assuming of course, we HAVE FA issues. You know, that whole no CBA thing might make for some serious issues.