For all Nick Fairley fans

Between the absolute love for the game that he has shown while at Aurburn, and for the money he stands to make as a Top 5 pick (even with a new CBA), I highly doubt that he would throw much of a fit about going to a cold weather team.

Again, the quote raises a small flag, but I dont think its that big of a deal yet.

Spiller doesn't like playing in the cold either. Maybe this is a trend. uh oh...

He was joking. Besides it doesn't take a brain surgeon to see who's left standing now...four cold weather teams. How many warm weather teams have won the SB in the last ten years? Depending on what you think cold is, six or seven of the ten were cold weather places. (Tampa, New Orleans and Baltimore count as warm...up to you to rate Indy. It gets plenty cold there as well)

So if he he likes playoffs and championships.....start stocking up on under armor.

Why complain about the cold? Its not like its a winter wonderland in Buffalo from September through November. Not to mention that one of the Bills home games is played in a dome in TO and not to mention the 8 road games the Bills play. So even if he is drafted by a team in a warm climate, he will end up playing in the cold on road games. There is no escaping it

I'll never understand athletes feeling like this. I have to go out in the cold for 3 hours!!! And sit on heated benches!!! Oh no I have to go to Miami every year!!! Playing the game I grew up loving.... And get paid millions of dollars for it!!!

Can we get a Kleenex emoticon?

Bills need a mean nasty defensive lineman. We have a whole team of nice guys now. Not like we don't play teams with nasty guys.

I dont mind nasty players but I do mind dirty players. Their style of play can cause penalties at the most inopportune time and can make a difference between winning and losing. I also do not want to take a risk by assuming that a known 'dirty' player from college can scale back that temperament in the pros. Not implying Fairley is all that but if he is, I don't want him.

Even if he's on the board I doubt we take him, regardless of his feelings about the cold. Nix and crew are big on character guys, and he doesn't really fit the bill. I suppose they could make an exception, but I doubt it.

really,are you people serious. he is by far the most tallented player in the draft and guess what he is @ a dire position of need on the bills.

however dont worry he wont be there for the taking,if he somehow gets by Carolina cincinnati would jump on him in a new youk minute as would with out a doubt Buddy Nix.

IMO Nix would get the card up even faster than he did with the spiller decision.

i really dont know what you Fairly detractors are smoking but the guy is an absolute stud.

I believe he is saying he doesn't want Buffalo to draft him, not that he's afraid of the cold.

PTR

ya ok so he would love to go to cincinatti,give me a break. the first 4 picks besides carolina are all cold weathere cities and if any of you think this kid is not going in the top 3 you have no idea what you are talking about.

Fairley is a dirty player with a lousy attitude. I hope we don't draft him - he looks like the next Albert Haynesworth.

On another note, why do players hate the cold so much? You can go twice as hard when it's cold because your body doesn't overheat. I would much rather run a mile when it's 25 than when it's 85. Players need to realize that cold actually presents advantages, and the negatives can be dealt with much easier than those associated with excessive heat.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Il_CUmjq88&feature=player_embedded

Please, let the video load and go the 4:14 mark, he starts talking about Buffalo. I don't have a problem with what he says.

Seems like a nice enough kid off the field, and the Bills could use a vicious beast with a nasty attitude - it's Fairley's penchant for cheap dirty hits, particularly what he does after the whistle, that bothers me.

(But put him in a Bills uniform, and I'd probably grow to love it.)

Edited by The Senator

Well all's i've got to say is it sucks to be him . All but one of the top 5 teams in the draft this year are in cold weather cities , & i see him gone in the top 5. So Dress warm Fairley !! :w00t:

I'll bet that the millions of dollars that he gets in his contract will warm him up or at least allow him to but some under armor warm weather gear !!!

All things considered, Buddy is paying attention and with the possibility of some character issues , this statement & the fact that he is an underclassmen may push Buddy & Chan in a different direction .