For all Nick Fairley fans

Why complain about the cold? Its not like its a winter wonderland in Buffalo from September through November. Not to mention that one of the Bills home games is played in a dome in TO and not to mention the 8 road games the Bills play. So even if he is drafted by a team in a warm climate, he will end up playing in the cold on road games. There is no escaping it

The problem is not that a kid from Alabama doesn't like the cold so much as that the statement, combined with his often undisciplined and dirty play (did you see his PF in the championship game?) add to the perception that he is immature and irresponsible, which should make anyone think carefully about giving him millions and hoping to build a defense around him. I like his play on so many levels, but am concerned.

The first game I saw him play was the championship game. He was great but that personal foul immediately made my brain say "Albert Haynesworth." This statements seems to indicate he's a little immature, like Haynesworth, and that has to be a read flag for anyone. Does or should it drop him, I don't know but I know it had to be considered. Miscreants, malcontents and idiots who think they're bigger than the team don't always work out.

I think the comment was blown out of proportion, probably a joke or taken out of context or seriousness. Cleveland is just like Buffalo, Cincy and Denver nicer but NOT Alabama hot. As far as him being immature, he is 22. But I just love the idea of him playing for the Buffalo Bills trying to knock Brady, Sanchez out the game everytime they meet.

This was already blown out of proportion and discussed to death in another thread last week.

No big deal. Quote was taken out of context while he was joking around.

Not the end of the world. He will quickly learn just how many teams actually play in the north and cold.

Nothing to see here or get too worked up about.

I believe he is saying he doesn't want Buffalo to draft him, not that he's afraid of the cold.

PTR

i believe he's saying that too. F him if that's the case. I'd be just as happy w/Bowers or Dareus.

LOL, way to read the worst possible scenario into a one sentence quote. :rolleyes:

The problem is not that a kid from Alabama doesn't like the cold so much as that the statement, combined with his often undisciplined and dirty play (did you see his PF in the championship game?) add to the perception that he is immature and irresponsible, which should make anyone think carefully about giving him millions and hoping to build a defense around him. I like his play on so many levels, but am concerned.

This same exact thing could have been said (and Im sure was said) about Warren Sapp, Vince Wilfork, and almost every other dominant interior lineman to come through the league.

Ill take the 15 yard penalty, in a game that he totally owned the entire line of scrimmage. The main reason that Auburn WON the Championship was Fairley. Shoot, we got guys that are capable of getting more than 15 penalty yards a game, and theyre not even good!

Ill take a DL with a mean streak, that's hardly a knock for that position.

This same exact thing could have been said (and Im sure was said) about Warren Sapp, Vince Wilfork, and almost every other dominant interior lineman to come through the league.

Ill take the 15 yard penalty, in a game that he totally owned the entire line of scrimmage. The main reason that Auburn WON the Championship was Fairley. Shoot, we got guys that are capable of getting more than 15 penalty yards a game, and theyre not even good!

Ill take a DL with a mean streak, that's hardly a knock for that position.

I love Fairley (as a player) and could really care less about his meanstreak, and in fact, almost welcome it in buffalo. As per the other post, the reason why I may appear to be overly concerned over that single statement is taht neither you or I know what's going on in fairley'ss head...and when someone says such a statement it gives us some insight as to what they may be thinking. At #3, I don't want even an INKLING of negativity from the player. The bills simply can't afford to miss again with such a high selection.

I love Fairley (as a player) and could really care less about his meanstreak, and in fact, almost welcome it in buffalo. As per the other post, the reason why I may appear to be overly concerned over that single statement is taht neither you or I know what's going on in fairley'ss head...and when someone says such a statement it gives us some insight as to what they may be thinking. At #3, I don't want even an INKLING of negativity from the player. The bills simply can't afford to miss again with such a high selection.

Between the absolute love for the game that he has shown while at Aurburn, and for the money he stands to make as a Top 5 pick (even with a new CBA), I highly doubt that he would throw much of a fit about going to a cold weather team.

Again, the quote raises a small flag, but I dont think its that big of a deal yet.