Bills top list of landing spots for Vince Young

ALLEN1QB

I'd like to see what Gailey could do with him. After all, people credit Kordell Stewart to Gailey, and I think VY has better talent.

You sure about that?

IIRC credit went to Mularkey, as Slash improved as a QB after Gailey left.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say bring him in. Bills need playmakers and if nothing else, Vince is a play maker. He also makes the defense worry about him and if he's going to run or not. He may be a little nutty, but the man can play some football. I say bring him in.

I was at the Seahawks Titans game last week of the season last year. It was a give and take game until the very end. vince stepped up and led the Titans on the game winning drive. That's what he does, win. I want to win. I want Vince in a Bills suit in 2011.

I'd be open to bringing him in.

I think Chan can deal with him, and you have Fitzpatrick as a great guide too. Let him and Fitz battle for the starting position, if he plays as well as he shown he can, it could be a significant improvement for the Bills, if not, then its not a huge waste. And we can use our draft picks on Defense, OL and TE instead.

Marginal upgrade at best, and comes with the risk of some MAJOR disruptions to team chemisty (the little they DO have).

PASS.

And personally, Id take a team full of smart, hard playing average talent guys over a team full of of dumb primadonnas with better athletic skills any day.

and I'm sure you are one of those just happy buffalo has an NFL franchise too. without talent, you go 8-8 every year best case. not saying I want VY by any means, but we need a few athletes on this team who can dominate.. I don't care what their wonderlic scores are. This isn't high school football, this is the NFL; go big or go home.

There is one big thing about VY that people dont seem to see. He stopped trusting his coach...once a coach loses his player, its just about over at that point. For whatever reason, these two didnt gel and when you have that kind of relationship from the coach and the most important position on the team then its not likely going to work out. I am not saying it was Fishers fault or VY's fault, only those 2 really know what the issues are. But, when you lose your player or players as a coach its pretty much a divorce waiting to happen.

I have not been a big VY fan, but I actually think Gailey could be a great fit for the kid and getting his game rounded out. Reid did it with Vick, and honestly, I think Chan is one of the top coaches in this league in bringing out the best in his QB's. He's had success with much less talented QB's then VY, and I think he is the type of player that could flourish in his offense. Seems like it would be a low risk high reward type of situation.

Thats a fair point. People dont gel with their bosses all the time. It happens.

MY argument is that the the Bills have positions MUCH more in need of an improvement than QB. While Fitz isnt an All Pro, he is at least a bona fide NFL starter (with A LOT of other great qualities). There are many other players on the Bills that dont even bring that. And those are the positions than need to be addressed.

You have a good car in the driveway but the roof on the house leaks like a sieve. You have 20 grand on you. You fixing the roof or buying a better car?

Edited by RkFast

Reading an article on ESPN yesterday had Buffalo as the most likely landing spot for Young. I say sign him and let him compete with Fitz. He has to be an upgrade as a backup anyway.

We like him better than Fitz, why?

Young Career Stats

I think Chan has spoken very plainly. He is very committed to Fitz as his starter next year.

That doesn't exclude drafting a QB, if someone they like is available with a high draft choice, bcuz Fitz has already been in the league 6 years.

( I personally think Fitz is a Warner-type "take care of yourself" QB and has lots of mileage left, but whatever)

Young has been in the league 5 years, almost as much mileage as Fitz, "head case" baggage, lower lifetime completion % and not better than Fitz last 2 years.

We like him, why?

We think it's a good idea to dilute the impact of training camp and preseason by dividing the snaps w/ another QB competition for him, why?

NOOOOOOOOO, but thanks to the writer for perpetuating the myth that we suck so bad we can be improved by the likes of Vince Young.

Playing QB is about soooooo much more than raw athletic talent. VY might offer some of that, but he doesn't offer anything else that an up-and-coming team needs to keep improving. He doesn't offer leadership, maturity, stability, community skills, communication skills, student skills, etc.

He would not make the position better. He would not make the team better.

NOOOOOOOOO, but thanks to the writer for perpetuating the myth that we suck so bad we can be improved by the likes of Vince Young.

Playing QB is about soooooo much more than raw athletic talent. VY might offer some of that, but he doesn't offer anything else that an up-and-coming team needs to keep improving. He doesn't offer leadership, maturity, stability, community skills, communication skills, student skills, etc.

He would not make the position better. He would not make the team better.

That's really a huge part of what Fitz brings right now, isn't it? The leadership, the poise after things go south, the teaching skills, the communication.

That bit in "Fitz mic'd up" where he's rebuked by Gailey after a busted play, goes over to the rookie Jones on the bench and asks "are you mad at me about the shovel pass?" was priceless.

Trent Edwards would have been wrapped up in his jacket and sulking.

Vince Young is an upgrade. Say what you want, but the guy wins football games. Maybe a firm hand at the wheel like Chan and Fitz can straighten him out.

Agree he is a much better and more effective player than people on this board usually give him credit for, but Chuddy will avoid him like plague IMO because of the huge risk of bad chemistry - and I think they would be right to do so.

Reading an article on ESPN yesterday had Buffalo as the most likely landing spot for Young. I say sign him and let him compete with Fitz. He has to be an upgrade as a backup anyway.

We don't need a cry baby. I think he would be a upgrade. But he doesn't have the work ethic for the amount of money you would have to pay him .

TO MUCH S**T FOR A NICKLE !!!!!

What was it like when you played ball with him? What level was that anyway? High School, college? I have heard interviews of former teammates and coaches that say he does possess leadership qualities.

You must be talking to his Pee Wee teammates and coaches because all I ever hear on the radio is his complete and utter lack of leadership qualties. He''s known at the facility as last in, first out. He's apparently notorious for paying even a passing nod at studying game film, and openly cares about one person; himself. How much leadership does it take to throw your uniform into a crowd because you've been benched...or to text an apology to your coach? He could give two craps about his coaches or his teammates, and even a casual fan can find see this.

Any person who would even remotely advocate bringing this useless douche of a quarterback to Buffalo has obviously been beaten so badly with mediocrity team play that they'll start sentences with "Well, it couldn't be worse than (fill in the blank)."

Vince Young needs to go back to Pee Wee football.

I think gaileys offense requires a QB with half a brain... VY got 6 his fIrst wonderlic, 16 was his best... Not saying 20 vs 40+ matters much, but he is just dumb... pass

http://en.wikipedia..../Wonderlic_Test

Exactly. The word out of Nashville was that one of the reasons why Fisher became so disenchanted with VY is because he had to literally cut the playbook in half due to his inability to run the more complex packages. The talent on that offense is very solid with or without Moss added to the mix and Kerry Collins still got the nod (lesser of two evils?) over VY. That says a lot.

Edited by stony

I think gaileys offense requires a QB with half a brain... VY got 6 his fIrst wonderlic, 16 was his best... Not saying 20 vs 40+ matters much, but he is just dumb... pass

http://en.wikipedia..../Wonderlic_Test

In his defense, the NFL and the people that administer the test have both come out as saying that the 6 was completely made up by someone but the media already reported it....

Exactly. The word out of Nashville was that one of the reasons why Fisher became so disenchanted with VY is because he had to literally cut the playbook in half due to his inability to run the more complex packages. The talent on that offense is very solid with or without Moss added to the mix and Kerry Collins still got the nod (lesser of two evils?) over VY. That says a lot.

I have heard this several times and believe it. I remember when he wasn't even allowed to call timeouts one season.... I think KC getting the starts says little after JF wanting to keep him after the 0-6 start and Vince finishing 8-2 after the owner forced it. If anything it speaks to the off field disfunction not on....

yeah the 6 on the wonderlic... exactly the type of brain that Chan needs to run his offense. ugh.

I refer to the post above yours - the 6 was made up and has just become a piece of NFL folklore that people repeat without knowing the story.