Seen enough of Brohm now?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one have seen enough of Brohm now to know why Green Bay give up on him. Watching him today brought back terible memories of #5. Whether you like Fitzpatrick or now, you gotta now know there was a good reason he was playing and Brohm was sitting.

Here's Brohm in action: Mayhem

We need to laugh at something today . . .

Edited by Mr_Blizzard

I admit that I was a Brohm supporter. He made Trent Edwards look like Johnny Unitas. That was the worst performance I've ever seen from a professional football team. And it all starts with the QB. He is horrible. Yikes.

I too admit I wanted to see Brohm to see what we had. Now we know and it is time to cut him. We need to bring in another Fitz from another FA cut to shore up our backup slot and build the lines through draft and FA. Dont see this team improving much next year. Gailey needs to sit down with nix and say "these are the people I want to stay put and these are the people I want you to change now make it happen". Good luck with this one Front Office!

I for one have seen enough of Brohm now to know why Green Bay give up on him. Watching him today brought back terible memories of #5. Whether you like Fitzpatrick or now, you gotta now know there was a good reason he was playing and Brohm was sitting.

Yes I have, thank you. Even Brown looked better.

I took a lot of S##T from the Brohm boys the past year + just because I was able to see enough in the 2009 Atlanta & preseason games, combined with the actions of the NFL GMs, to write the guy off. Instead of looking at the guy realistically all the Brohm boys could do was call me a hater & a lot worse when all I was was a better judge of his talent than they were. QBs are cut all the time without ever getting an NFL start, but the Brohm boys just made excuse after excuse for the guy. They misjudged his arm strength, his pocket awareness and his overall adjustment to the speed of the NFL. The most ridiculous of the bunch actually wanted to cut Fitzpatrick & annoint Brohm the starter last offseason, all because he looked good when they saw him in college. Today showed more than anything I could tell them, that Brohm could not handle the difference in the game from college to the pros. Now anyone who watched the game can see what was obvious to those of us labeled as haters by the Brohm fans. If they had just been rational, I would have let it go, but when they resorted to the insults & name calling all because I was the better judge of his talent, it reached the point of where the only way they'd get it was to see a game like today. I'm glad Fitz didn't play, not so much to prove me right, but to finally just shut up the ones who couldn't handle the truth.

I took a lot of S##T from the Brohm boys the past year + just because I was able to see enough in the 2009 Atlanta & preseason games, combined with the actions of the NFL GMs, to write the guy off.

First of all, I don't recall many "Brohm boys" unless that's your name for posters who look to see some evidence in actual play, before writing a guy off. If I recall correctly, your main evidence was that he was drafted in the second round and then cut (before being picked back up and put on the PS). That simply isn't evidence of any sort. As for his performances in preseason games, there were a few and he had good, and bad, efforts.

With that said, I am far from writing off Brohm based on his performance in this one game.

First of all, I don't recall many "Brohm boys" unless that's your name for posters who look to see some evidence in actual play, before writing a guy off. If I recall correctly, your main evidence was that he was drafted in the second round and then cut (before being picked back up and put on the PS). That simply isn't evidence of any sort. As for his performances in preseason games, there were a few and he had good, and bad, efforts.

With that said, I am far from writing off Brohm based on his performance in this one game.

Great, you can keep posting about him. The best part is that you aren't making any decisions for this team. I think decisiveness is one of the things that has been lacking from this organization, and I think they made one today.

It will be great to read some more preposterous notions from you about how "we just don't know what we have in Brohm". I am kinda like you, except my guy was Joe Dufek, I mean Dufek really got short-changed! Gary Marangi too!

Keep'em coming Deano!

Edited by Matthews' Bag

Admittedly, I've made this mistake before (Edwards, Trent), but I'm hard-pressed to toss a second string qb out in the trash after playing a defense as good as the jets behind the latest incarnation of our o-line. Unless I misread the tv screen, someone named Ally Beal was starting his first game. And yeah, the jets were resting starters but there has to be a significant trade off with the line we had going.

Where the disconnect for me comes is when fans are lobbying for Brohm to start as if Gailey in completely unaware of what he brings to the table. Finally----it's a game of rhythm and it was awfully unfortunate for him that SJ fumbled on the first drive of the game after a nice play. Message to Stevie, too---hold on to the ball like it means something ALL the time.

writing off may be drastic, based on the circumstances, but backup at best. i didn't like his inability to read the D. when one side of the line is overloaded, you have adjust the protection. fitz does this routinely. brohm just doesn't seem aware enough to be a starting qb. he made a couple good throws. that's it. no 'qb of the future' stuff on display today.

I'm pretty sure the coaches have seen enough of brohm, even if some of you haven't yet. How many more times should he be thrown in there to get murdered before the plug is pulled for good? Gailey and his staff have seen this guy in camp every day and in practice every day, all year. That's why he doesn't play and shouldn't play.

They tossed him out there against a 2nd string jets' secondary and he did nothing. Case closed. No need to reserve judgment any longer.

Edited by Zulu Cthulhu

I was one that wanted Brohm to have his chance in a regular season game. Well he has had it and now I agree with his detractors. Let's see him in the preseason to see if he even keeps the number two slot.

:wallbash: