Do you go out or stay home tonight?

mead107

I never go out on New Years Eve. Its amateur night for drinkers.......and I'm a pro.

Ditto ... Deborah and I have not been "out" for New Years in probably 10 years. We may catch a movie this afternooon though - her turn to pick so it will likely be some romantic chick flick <_<

Rarely go out on NY eve. This year (like last) I will have dinner at a friend's condo right in my complex and then watch the fireworks from our parking lot. Perhaps I will walk across the street and check out the festival for a bit, to see if the band is any good.

this year is gonna be different for me...in a new city, no really good established friends yet, so not able to go to any house party. My ex came up and got my kids and took them to syracuse, so I am all by myself tonight with no plans....actually kind of looking forward to it. May stroll(and when i say stroll, i really do mean walk...its a beautiful thing) down to the Flying Pig...my local joint. I am going to try and get up early tomorrow and head into center city philly to join the masses in the Mummers Parade....course i could just sit home the entire weekend and do absolutely nothing and love every minute of it

We usually stay in. We were invited to a friend's party today, but they're on the other side of town (about a 50 minute drive in good weather) and we're supposed to get freezing rain today, so we had to cancel.

We always eat a surf and turf dinner (wife's making filet + snow crab!) and watch a movie (Probably Inception tonight). :)

Early (1745)Dinner reservations at a nice Downtown Hotel. Hopefully go home after dinner although we are invited to a neighborhood party-my wife wants to go but I don't-no matter definately be home before the New Year. Maybe even watch them wheel in Dick Clark again!

Happy 2011 everyone!

We'll be going out this afternoon to hit some of the bars in the city. We did that Christmas eve and it was fun. We'll be home for hors d'oeuvres and drinks later. We'll be lucky to make it to celebrate the New Year in the east coast. Last year we saw Phil Lesh and Bob Weir with Futhur at the Bill Graham Auditorium in SF. Wow is all I can say. But try getting a cab after midnight in the city. We ended up walking halfway home before finding one that was empty. That was the first time in a long time and probably last time we'll be out past midnight NYE.

Working in the restaurants NYE always sucked. Of course we always had to do these several course extravagant meals and we would lift our head from the tasks at hand to chug a glass of Champange and then right back at it unil 1:00am or so.

Early (1745)Dinner reservations at a nice Downtown Hotel. Hopefully go home after dinner although we are invited to a neighborhood party-my wife wants to go but I don't-no matter definately be home before the New Year. Maybe even watch them wheel in Dick Clark again!

Happy 2011 everyone!

Wow that's really early. You eating with Martha and George?

Headed to an afternoon matinee and then a dinner at some eatery

that just catches our fancy.

We received several gift cards for restaurants and that

might influence our dining decision.

Needless to say NO drinking and driving for me and Mrs. Lew

...Last year we saw Phil Lesh and Bob Weir with Futhur at the Bill Graham Auditorium in SF. Wow is all I can say....

That brought back memories of the late 70s (78/79?) seeing a Dead NY Eve's show at the SF Opera House. I dressed up as Santa Claus and had a bag full of roses I picked up at the end of the day for next-to-nothing from various flower vendors in the city. I handed them out to all the girls/women at the show and had a great time.

Back to the topic at hand - We do something different every New Year's Eve as long as little or no driving is involved. Everything from parties to concerts to midnight bowling to skiing to benefits to ? This year a friend invited us to his restaurant for dinner in exchange for a bunch of my bootleg Pink Floyd DVDs and CDs. I would have given them to him anyway but it's just a reciprocation for other favors. Then we'll head over to the New Year's Eve Celebration in Carytown (Richmond, VA) where all the shops, restaurants, bars, etc. will be open until midnight or later. We've never done it so we'll give it a try. I hope everyone has an outstanding 2011!