Haloti Ngata

haus

Now that it sounds like we are cutting ties with whitner. Any way we can make a move for the guy we should have taken at his pick? I just notice he is a free agent as well. Maybe they franchise him. Man that would be sweet.

Now that it sounds like we are cutting ties with whitner. Any way we can make a move for the guy we should have taken at his pick? I just notice he is a free agent as well. Maybe they franchise him. Man that would be sweet.

First, Ngata will be franchised by Baltimore if they have any sense at all.

The ONLY hope the Bills have of getting Ngata is calling "the Doc" from Back To

The Future and going back in time and taking Ngata instead of Whitner in that draft.

First, Ngata will be franchised by Baltimore if they have any sense at all.

The ONLY hope the Bills have of getting Ngata is calling "the Doc" from Back To

The Future and going back in time and taking Ngata instead of Whitner in that draft.

I working on a time machine that will get us Brady in the 2000 draft and will avoid all those busts from the 2000s and get every hidden gem. If I ever get that thing done, this post will be instantly changed to a new thread: "I can't believe some of you people, the Bills are going for their 10th straight Lombardi Trophy & all you do is whine because we lost two games this year."

I working on a time machine that will get us Brady in the 2000 draft and will avoid all those busts from the 2000s and get every hidden gem. If I ever get that thing done, this post will be instantly changed to a new thread: "I can't believe some of you people, the Bills are going for their 10th straight Lombardi Trophy & all you do is whine because we lost two games this year."

Brady in 2000??

Where he promptly gets put behind a horrible offensive line, gets clobbered for 2 years straight till he leaves in 2003 drooling, wetting his depends, and unable to recall his name. Luckily the Bills front office decide that he was a wasted pick in the 6th round jettison his remains and go for Palmer or Leftwich 1st round in the 03 draft. Rinse and repeat.

Just say'n.... since we are going back in time an all that :rolleyes:

Brady in 2000??

Where he promptly gets put behind a horrible offensive line, gets clobbered for 2 years straight till he leaves in 2003 drooling, wetting his depends, and unable to recall his name. Luckily the Bills front office decide that he was a wasted pick in the 6th round jettison his remains and go for Palmer or Leftwich 1st round in the 03 draft. Rinse and repeat.

Just say'n.... since we are going back in time an all that :rolleyes:

Whatever stops him from becoming the decade+ dominant QB for our divisional rival. If that means bringing him onto our team so we can end his career early, so be it. :thumbsup:

As you said in your post, the Bills already had their chance to get him, and they blew it.

Definitely don't see Baltimore letting him go.

Instead of us having to waste our time talking about wether or not to re-sign Whitner, we could have been talking about wether or not the Bills should franchise Ngata. I sure would have preferred having that discussion.

As you said in your post, the Bills already had their chance to get him, and they blew it.

Definitely don't see Baltimore letting him go.

Instead of us having to waste our time talking about wether or not to re-sign Whitner, we could have been talking about wether or not the Bills should franchise Ngata. I sure would have preferred having that discussion.

We can thank good ol' Marv & Dickie for screwing that one up :wallbash::censored:

Whatever stops him from becoming the decade+ dominant QB for our divisional rival. If that means bringing him onto our team so we can end his career early, so be it. :thumbsup:

Excellent point... go back and prevent his success. That we could easily accomplish with the supporting cast and coaching we had in 2000.

:worthy:

We can thank good ol' Marv & Dickie for screwing that one up :wallbash::censored:

What's frustrating about that pick is that it's not just hindsight. At the time, 99% of Bills' fans wanted Ngata, nearly all of the mocks had us taking Ngata, and the Bills had an urgent need for a great DT like Ngata. Just a bizarre decision to pass on him; it defied all levels of common sense.

What's frustrating about that pick is that it's not just hindsight. At the time, 99% of Bills' fans wanted Ngata, nearly all of the mocks had us taking Ngata, and the Bills had an urgent need for a great DT like Ngata. Just a bizarre decision to pass on him; it defied all levels of common sense.

about 49% wanted Ngata 49% wanted Brodrick Bunkley 2% wanted Cutler no one wanted Whitner until the Bills picked him at which time 50% of the board made up reasons why Whitner was a great pick and 50% of the board thought Whitner was the worst pick ever.

Absolutely true.

When the Bills were on the clock and Ngata was on the board I couldn't believe it. The guy we 'need' is still on the board and we are going to get him! Then the pick, Donte Whitner. Again I couldn't believe it.

The Bills had an excuse at the time-they wanted smaller quick guys to play inside as part of the Tampa 2 defense they were implementing. The Bills didn't want Ngata because he was too big. They determined that the free agent signing of Larry Triplett made more sense than drafting Ngata. :oops:

The Bills had an excuse at the time-they wanted smaller quick guys to play inside as part of the Tampa 2 defense they were implementing. The Bills didn't want Ngata because he was too big. They determined that the free agent signing of Larry Triplett made more sense than drafting Ngata. :oops:

This statement is so hilarious, and yet so true.

Marv: "Ngata? No, thanks; not with Larry Triplett anchoring our D-line for the next decade."