Just Be Happy about the WR's

CountDorkula

Why is it when wehave a good thing here in Buffalo the first thing people want to do is break that up. Of course I am talking about Lee Evans and Steve Johnson. They work very well together, and this just in, (whisper) They are both playing very well.

SO why must we always want to break that up. Can we not just enjoy what we have here with a legit receiving group?

I dont understand it at all. This group is very talented and have been producing. Who cares who is number 1 or number 2. What I care about is that they are producing and feeding off of each other and doing it very well.

Can we please put a rest to the Trade Evans talk and just let him play and produce when called upon.

(/rant)

--------

I will also take this as a side to apologize to The Big Cat. You and I went back and forth about Fitz, and it appears you may be right. I know when i am wrong and it appears that I am. Fitz has won me over with that comeback against Cinci, and I am all for him being the Bills QB.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everywhere I look its drafting.

SJ>>> Hardy

K Williams>>> McCargo

T McGee, J Greer, Pat Williams, Jred Jackson>>> Maybin, Mike Williams etc.

Who is in charge of rounds 4-7 & the undrafteds? He/they deserve a serious promotion.

SJ>>> Hardy

K Williams>>> McCargo

Who is in charge of rounds 4-7 & the undrafteds? He/they deserve a serious promotion.

I agree!!! (I hope you're serious. I have been afraid to say this for fear of being attacked mercilessly.)

But the Bills are great at drafting in the late rounds.

Just put a TBD poll in charge of Rounds 1 and 2, where there is a crapload of easily accessible information about the Top 50 players in the draft.

Then have whoever keeps pulling out these late round picks continue.

We'd have Ngata, Orakpo, and have taken the SD trade last year for #9 and picked up some more talent at LB and O-Line

Edited by Why So Serious?

SJ>>> Hardy

K Williams>>> McCargo

Modrak? Just guessing but I'll bet Ralph, Dick(less) and Marv had more to do with the high pick whiffs and the scouts had more to do with the low-round and UDFA gems.

PTR

Why is it when wehave a good thing here in Buffalo the first thing people want to do is break that up. Of course I am talking about Lee Evans and Steve Johnson. They work very well together, and this just in, (whisper) They are both playing very well.

SO why must we always want to break that up. Can we not just enjoy what we have here with a legit receiving group?

I dont understand it at all. This group is very talented and have been producing. Who cares who is number 1 or number 2. What I care about is that they are producing and feeding off of each other and doing it very well.

Can we please put a rest to the Trade Evans talk and just let him play and produce when called upon.

(/rant)

--------

I will also take this as a side to apologize to The Big Cat. You and I went back and forth about Fitz, and it appears you may be right. I know when i am wrong and it appears that I am. Fitz has won me over with that comeback against Cinci, and I am all for him being the Bills QB.

when you throw in the 2 Nelsons, Donald Jones, Spiller, Parish & Easley on IR you've got 8 pretty good receivers right now.

when you throw in the 2 Nelsons, Donald Jones, Spiller, Parish & Easley on IR you've got 8 pretty good receivers right now.

I agree, save for Shawn Nelson. I think we can use a TE upgrade as much as any other position on this team, save a pass rushing OLB.

Anyone who thinks this is a receiving tandem that can win in the NFL is insane. Lee Evans is a legitimate starter in the league, but come on Stevie Johnson?? I LOVE what the guy is doing this season, but can we really believe that when his name is out there that this guy is going to still be productive? This is a player who is a product of the defensive attention that Lee Evans is getting, as well as a pass happy offense that is playing from behind most of the time. He drops a lot of balls as well. If this guy turns out to be the real deal then I am happy as can be about being dead wrong. I just can't see it though. He doesnt have great speed, great athleticism, great size, or great anything. I certainly think this team needs to still be looking for a wide receiver threat, but that is just one man's opinion.

Edited by coseybedaman

Anyone who thinks this is a receiving tandem that can win in the NFL is insane. Lee Evans is a legitimate starter in the league, but come on Stevie Johnson?? I LOVE what the guy is doing this season, but can we really believe that when his name is out there that this guy is going to still be productive? This is a player who is a product of the defensive attention that Lee Evans is getting, as well as a pass happy offense that is playing from behind most of the time. He drops a lot of balls as well. If this guy turns out to be the real deal then I am happy as can be about being dead wrong. I just can't see it though. He doesnt have great speed, great athleticism, great size, or great anything. I certainly think this team needs to still be looking for a wide receiver threat, but that is just one man's opinion.

Are you freaking serious?? (yes, i know you are. incredulous) you lost any credibility you may have had(though I have never seen you post before though it looks like you've been a member for awhile) when you said stevie drops a lot of balls. That's the most false statement I have seen in a long time. He rarely drops a ball in a game. He may not be a blazer speed wise but to say he doesn't have great athleticism or great anything is, is....I am at a loss for words. i'll go with asinine. Do you see the way he jukes people and then goes on to score a touchdown? That's not athletic? You are certainly allowed your opinion, but stevie is playing at a probowl level right now, and personally my opinion is that your opinion SUCKS. leave it to some Bills fans to not be happy about the best thing that happened to the bills in awhile. :wallbash: I'd bet you probably think kyle williams is too small to play nose tackle too

SJ>>> Hardy

K Williams>>> McCargo

This was exactly the subject of my (ignored) post from yesterday. How is it they find these gems in the later rounds and as FA walk-ons, but totally whiff on what should be the lowest risk pick that come in the early rounds of the draft.

My question is, do Ralph and the bean counters make the final decisions on the high dollar players, and only let the boys in the offices at One Bills Drive decide the FA scrubs and lower round guys.

BTW - I might even be inclined to add 2nd rounder Byrd to the list of potential busts. Time will tell. In spite of his 2009 ball-hawking skills in Perry's defensive scheme that made him a rookie phenom, so far he's no more than an average DB in regard to the more pedetrian assignments and duties of an NFL safety.

If interested, here's the post from yesterday:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/123534-good-scouting-micro-management/

Boo this man!!!

And your point is? That's what is supposed to happen when your #1 has rolled coverage his way all game. You have other guys step up!!

No, he just gets open and creates YAC like Andre Reed used to. But hell, why would you want a guy that just gets open, when you can have a guy with all the measurable like Heyward-Beh.

Edited by stony

I think you're nuts. Johnson may not turn into a Pro Bowl WR, but I think 9 TDs on the season and multiple good games says a lot about him and his future. I've seen him make tougher catches than Evans over the course of this season. He seems to be pretty strong on the short routes and I can't remember more than 3 drops throughotu this year.

This was exactly the subject of my (ignored) post from yesterday. How is it they find these gems in the later rounds and as FA walk-ons, but totally whiff on what should be the lowest risk pick that come in the early rounds of the draft.

My question is, do Ralph and the bean counters make the final decisions on the high dollar players, and only let the boys in the offices at One Bills Drive decide the FA scrubs and lower round guys.

BTW - I might even be inclined to add 2nd rounder Byrd to the list of potential busts. Time will tell. In spite of his 2009 ball-hawking skills in Perry's defensive scheme that made him a rookie phenom, so far he's no more than an average DB in regard to the more pedetrian assignments and duties of an NFL safety.

If interested, here's the post from yesterday:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/123534-good-scouting-micro-management/

I'm sorry but how does this make any sense at all? You're implying that they bring in accountants and Ralph to make the picks on the players at the top of the draft because of the money involved!? So he let's the guys who don't know anythingabout football make the big money decisions? That's like saying Warren Buffett let's his interns qualify and sign off on his big-ticket deals while he only does the small ones. What sense does this make? I mean at least the theory that DJ made those higher picks (or had a lot of input) makes sense.

All I care about is production, and he does it. Period. There's no argument about that. There have been WRs on the other side of Evans that haven't done this well.

I agree!!! (I hope you're serious. I have been afraid to say this for fear of being attacked mercilessly.)

But the Bills are great at drafting in the late rounds.

Just put a TBD poll in charge of Rounds 1 and 2, where there is a crapload of easily accessible information about the Top 50 players in the draft.

Then have whoever keeps pulling out these late round picks continue.

We'd have Ngata, Orakpo, and have taken the SD trade last year for #9 and picked up some more talent at LB and O-Line

My theory is rather simple, the early draftees are selected by the head honchos of the moment and based on an interview with a Bills scout (can't remember his name) they get more of a stronger voice on later picks.

I think the scout was the one that recommended Moats last year, damn, can't remember the guy name, I tried to find a scout list on the official site but I can't find one.

It's clear where to point fingers with TD and Nix drafts. It becomes less clear with the Brandon, Levy & Jauron Era.