Eric Moulds

QB Bills

BSD: What do you think of the Bills playing regular season games in Toronto?

EM: I think it is the worst idea in the world. Whoever came up with this idea needs to be fired. You are taking away from the tradition and home field advantage of the team. The Bills say they are trying to appeal to international cities, but hell, Toronto is only a hour and a half away., I’m sure they can drive to Ralph Wilson Stadium, it’s not that far.

:thumbsup:

Edited by ofiba

Really nice interview. Thanks for the link.

BTW, note that Moulds still lives in Buffalo part time. Many players continue to live here after their careers are over, which should give the lie to the "The Bills can't get good players because nobody wants to live in Buffalo." I know a guy from San Francisco, Cal Berkeley guy, total Californian. When his company transferred him to Buffalo, he was devastated. Yet when they wanted to move him to England a few years later, he quit rather than leave Buffalo. Go figure.

And for all the regular Flutie-Johnson debate that never seems to die, it's interesting to hear an opinion directly from a guy who'd been in the huddle with both and was on the receiving end of passes from each QB. He didn't leave any question that as a player, his preference was Flutie.

Regardless, it sounds like another case of the meddling machine from motor city.

Edited by DML2005

Really nice interview. Thanks for the link.

BTW, note that Moulds still lives in Buffalo part time. Many players continue to live here after their careers are over, which should give the lie to the "The Bills can't get good players because nobody wants to live in Buffalo." I know a guy from San Francisco, Cal Berkeley guy, total Californian. When his company transferred him to Buffalo, he was devastated. Yet when they wanted to move him to England a few years later, he quit rather than leave Buffalo. Go figure.

Your story only helped prove the point. You don't keep them if you don't get them. You don't get then if they are devastated at the idea. Further, when you get a devastated millionaire, they avoid the city like the plague and miss it's charms (ala mcgahee). Not 100% true but certainly challenges some cities don't face.

Thank you Eric Moulds.

Thank you for your love of the team, of the city, of the fans.

Thank you for showing us what we, as fans, are capable of.

This interview really hit home for me. You, Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Thurman Thomas, Steve Tasker, Darryl Talley, Cornilius Bennet, Bryce Paup, Shane Conlan, Bruce Smith, House Ballard, Wolfork, Kent Hull, Doug Flutie, Kenneth Davis, Marv Levy and most of all, Bill Polian. You all are the heart and soul of the area I grew up. The drive, never give up, never quit attitude has carried with me through out these many years.

Thank you Eric Moulds, for saying what needed to be said, for feeling what fans needed the players of this current team to feel.

Thank you.

That was a cool interview.

I always liked Moulds too, and thought he should have gotten more from the Bills than a couple of playoff games.

Man, the QB's he had to play with...Kelly, Collins, Van Pelt, Flutie, Johnson, Holcomb, Bledsoe, Losman...

He was an iron man. Towards the end of his career it was obvious that he was just not fast enough to separate from defenders. He became an excellent possession receiver. We could have kept him for another season or two at a lesser role.

But I just do not understand the Flutie benching coming from "higher up". As a coach, that would tick me off to no avail. Before a playoff game? To gain what, exactly? You dance with the girl that went with you. Period. Dropping your ticket when you get to where you wanted to go is not only classless, its stupid.

I'd love to find out who these "higher ups" are. I'd be willing to bet that they are the same ones that keep Modrak employed, allowed Winfield, Williams, and Fletcher to walk, selected Maybin instead of Orakpo or Oher, Whitner instead of Ngata, and on, and on, and on.

That was a cool interview.

I always liked Moulds too, and thought he should have gotten more from the Bills than a couple of playoff games.

Man, the QB's he had to play with...Kelly, Collins, Van Pelt, Flutie, Johnson, Holcomb, Bledsoe, Losman...

He was an iron man. Towards the end of his career it was obvious that he was just not fast enough to separate from defenders. He became an excellent possession receiver. We could have kept him for another season or two at a lesser role.

But I just do not understand the Flutie benching coming from "higher up". As a coach, that would tick me off to no avail. Before a playoff game? To gain what, exactly? You dance with the girl that went with you. Period. Dropping your ticket when you get to where you wanted to go is not only classless, its stupid.

I'd love to find out who these "higher ups" are. I'd be willing to bet that they are the same ones that keep Modrak employed, allowed Winfield, Williams, and Fletcher to walk, selected Maybin instead of Orakpo or Oher, Whitner instead of Ngata, and on, and on, and on.

Are you serious? You'd like to know who these higher ups are? It's not exactly a mystery Red, but I'll give you a hint: there's both a stadium and field house named after him. God bless the old man. I actually think he's a great guy, but he ought to quit micro-managing the team from his Detriot headquarters along with his team of bean counters.