Kelsay and George Edwards exposed

ACor58

While the word out of One Bills Drive was that it was important to have Kelsay on the field to set the edge against the run it the Chiefs showed that he is in fact not capable of actually doing this. In addition, did anyone else notice that every time Jamal Charles split out wide somehow Kelsay always ended up covering him. It was so frustrating to watch.

Plus every play Kelsay on containing edge gets caught inside or so far outside that large gains come his way. If I was opposing teams I would look were Kelsay is run wide at him or throw ball to whomever he is "covering". When will someone realize this guy is more of a liability than anyone else on the defense. Do our coaches not watch game film??? :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

That's funny--I logged on specifically to start a thread about how pathetic Kelsay looked today. Far from deserving a contract extension, he looked like he should have been joining Maybin on the bench or even off the roster. He had an atrocious day today....

This is a ridiculous performance from our front 7, when another team gains 200 + yds again this week. The stats don't lie, they rarely play in the opposing teams backfield or are they strong at the point of attack. Tale of the tape;

Poz - 11 T 4 A (mostly 6-9 yds down field)

Torbor- 2 T 2 A ( does he ever make a meaniful play? He's just a guy out on the field)

Davis- 2 T 1 A ( see above)

Kelsay 0 T 1 A (what a waste of a roster space but great locker room guy, maybe that's where he should stay)

WTF...why not just play the rookies (A. Moats, Coleman & Maybin) and live with the mistakes? At least they gain the experience from this year and they could get valuable game experience. These Vet's are also-rans, they never make plays or athletic, IMHO we may as well go with these poss future player(s) for true evaluation.

...why not just play the rookies (A. Moats, Coleman & Maybin) and live with the mistakes? At least they gain the experience from this year and they could get valuable game experience. These Vet's are also-rans, they never make plays or athletic, IMHO we may as well go with these poss future player(s) for true evaluation.

Agreed! :thumbsup: It really couldn't be any worse, at least these guys have the speed to run down their mistakes.

Kelsay was probably accountable for 150+ yards of offense for them. Watch any big run, he's getting blown out and chasing the ball carrier from 5 yards away. And as a slap in the face for Bills fans, Nix decides to resign him almost seemingly just to make us worked up.

Whenever I allow myself to get optimisitic about the direction Nix/Gailey is taking this team, I am reminded of the move to extend Kelsay and reality sets back in.

+1 This is the probably the biggest disappointment that I have w/ the Kelsay situation. My 12 year old can see how bad he sucks - for the coaching staff to keep him on the field despite how obviously bad he is, lose so much respect/confidence in them for that...

That's funny--I logged on specifically to start a thread about how pathetic Kelsay looked today. Far from deserving a contract extension, he looked like he should have been joining Maybin on the bench or even off the roster. He had an atrocious day today....

Atrocious day today, how about every freakin sunday.. The guy will never get it he is the worst thing to happen to football ever! Hell Maybin should be banned from the National Football League not being able to get on the field and this waste of roster space can.. I hate to love this team especially with this guy on it..

Kelsay played a solid game. No one else could tackle them, either.

:blink: 1 assisted tackle= solid game?

I guess then that crack= healthy prescription drug

Kelsay is a fish out of water, it baffles me that they kept him and got rid of Chris Ellis who looked much more the part.

This is a ridiculous performance from our front 7, when another team gains 200 + yds again this week. The stats don't lie, they rarely play in the opposing teams backfield or are they strong at the point of attack. Tale of the tape;

Torbor- 2 T 2 A ( does he ever make a meaniful play? He's just a guy out on the field)

Kelsay 0 T 1 A (what a waste of a roster space but great locker room guy, maybe that's where he should stay)

WTF...why not just play the rookies (A. Moats, Coleman & Maybin) and live with the mistakes? At least they gain the experience from this year and they could get valuable game experience. These Vet's are also-rans, they never make plays or athletic, IMHO we may as well go with these poss future player(s) for true evaluation.

I think Poz's contract is up at the end of this year. While Poz may never be a pro bowler, he is a legitimate NFL starter that could do everything well, but nothing great. He can cover, move in space, blitz, tackle, etc. How the Bills could extend Kelsey and not renegotiate with Poz at this point is mind boggling. I think even Poz's most serious detractors would admit he is worlds better than Kelsey.

The posters on this board are right as usual. The people on this board saw Steve Johnson potential(though Dickie Moron didnt) and they were right. Well the posters on this board were right again, Kelsay is atrocious. Only the Bills brain trust could think of extending this never was. If Kelsay is such a great locker room guy, maybe he has the wrong uniform on, maybe he should get a Jills uniform and he can rah rah cheer the Bills to victory, because lord knows, he's never going to do it with his play on the field.

I think I've told the story here before, but one time I saw Chris Kelsay stuff two hostess cupcakes in his mouth. At one time.

Serious question: is that a positive or a negative thing for one of your franchise leaders to be able to do?

I think I lean toward positive.

Kelsay played a solid game. No one else could tackle them, either.

Kelsay's position is not designed to generate a lot of tackles in this scheme, he is more of a containment guy.

LOL! You are the best troll on this board.

Poz had some pretty big plays. I remember there was one tackle he made behind the LOS.

Kelsey is a waste though. It is sad that a team can run up the middle and the outside. We can't stop the run no matter what way they go.

And I agree that the extension is a joke. I like nix/gailey, but that extension is going to be a thorn in the side until he is off the team or he starts playing better.

While the word out of One Bills Drive was that it was important to have Kelsay on the field to set the edge against the run it the Chiefs showed that he is in fact not capable of actually doing this. In addition, did anyone else notice that every time Jamal Charles split out wide somehow Kelsay always ended up covering him. It was so frustrating to watch.

Yes, as youy already know, I noticed Kelsay out there backing up 12 yards to try and cover Charles. Simply astounding. If that is the mandated coverage why on earth doesn't Gailey and Edwards use Maybin instead?? As you point out, Kelsay, with his extra 50 pounds of "muscle", can't get off a block to make a freakin' tackle on the edge or anywhere else on the field for that matter. At least take advantage of Maybin's natural speed and quickness to make a play every now and then. :doh::bag:

Moats was in on most passing situations as the pass rushing RDE.

Watching this steeler defense is upsetting because you actually see how a 3-4 is ran and it is so far from what we do.

I wonder what steelers guys in the front 7 are free agents after this year.

Fox and Woodley, are the only 2 that leap to mind. Both are linebackers.

Kelsay's position is not designed to generate a lot of tackles in this scheme, he is more of a containment guy.

Dude you are retarded, the more you post the dumber you get. I have been a Kelsey supporter all this time but today sealed the obvious that he can't play OLB in a 34. He was good in our old D but today he was so out of place and not even close to containing or covering any kind of receiver. And he still needs to make tackles, its not like he is a "punt catcher".

Funny thing was that two years ago I used to call this scrub Christie Kelsay and you wouldnt believe the amount of supporters that overpaid woman had on this site.

It is quite funny that suddenly his whole crew of lackeys have suddenly disappeared ROFLMAO

Quite frankly his signing equates to almost criminal incompetence.

This has got to be the biggest joke in the league this season. I mean you have got to be friggin kidding me.

It is funny how the local clowns on both TV and radio seem to just gloss over this travesty.

I am waiting for one reporter to question Nix or Ralph on if they have Buyers remorse for this nonsense, or directly ask Christie if his play has justified his salary.

Edited by sleaky72

I think Poz's contract is up at the end of this year. While Poz may never be a pro bowler, he is a legitimate NFL starter that could do everything well, but nothing great. He can cover, move in space, blitz, tackle, etc. How the Bills could extend Kelsey and not renegotiate with Poz at this point is mind boggling. I think even Poz's most serious detractors would admit he is worlds better than Kelsey.

That's really not saying much though. I mean, my kid's goldfish might be a better football player than Kelsay. :ph34r: