Thank You Geiff Hangartner

Gisele

Yeah, to battle all game and lose that way I can't blame the guy.

Stupid play by a vet but I can't be made at him. They handled one of the best front fours in the league today.

Horrible call by the ref. The Ravens did not need the 15 yards, the refs gave them the game.

I can't get mad at Hangartner that was the second really bad call against them .

I wish he hadn't tossed his helmet.

I think he was fired up trying to protect Nelson who was getting pulled around like a wishbone from a chicken roast with no whistle

"You gotta protect the quarterback" (and the runner) attitude is what we need.

Really the problem with that play was the OL trying to push Nelson forward for another yard or two. They gave him no chance to go down on his own.

Guys, we don't need that. Did someone tell you to do that? If not, Gailey should be talking to them after the game. "I don't pay you to think. I think - you play."

The only thing we can't do at that point is to turn the ball over. Fitz is going to get us into field goal range if we don't turn the ball over. And you have the idiots on the OL trying to push Nelson further against a stout Ravens D for what? An extra yard? Come on - that is beyond stupid.

How do you blame Hangartner and not Nelson? Refs or no refs, Nelson needs to hang on to that ball.

If you can study clip of that play (maybe someone here will post one), you can see that Nelson is being held up in the air for several seconds with Ray Lewis levering Nelson's arm down.

Nelson would need to be a true 'man of steel' to hang on in those circs. He wasn't making forward progress, he wasn't a moving target, he was a "standing duck"

It's really inexcusable of the refs not to blow the whistle.

I don't think the Bills OL needed to be holding him up and shoving from behind, maybe that will get addressed?

In the "big picture" it's a good sign that they're pushing so hard for extra yards at the end of the game.

PS I don't blame Hangartner. He was hot understandably. I don't like the "game" some fans play of singling out to blame this or that player, it's Spiller's fumble, it's Nelson's fumble, it's this it's that. There were about 6 big game-shifter plays, change any one of them maybe the outcome would have been different. Plenty of blame to go around.

I can't get mad at Hangartner that was the second really bad call against them .

Meanwhile the refs missed Ray Ray's helmet coming off in celebration. But I guess that's fine when he does it.

PTR

No way am I angry at Hangartner. Save your venom for the refs.

O-line didn't give up one sack against the #3 D in the NFL. The Bills wouldn't be in the game if it weren't for him and his line mates.

PTR

You know whats funny about that whole Hangartner situation? On the replay there is a Raven about 5 yards to Geoffs right without his helmet on. Did it come off during play, did he take it off himself, idk, but he is still there on the field without his helmet on. Hmmm.... the Corner int, the Nelson fumble, the Heap pushoff TD, the Hangartner penalty(with a Raven also helmetless)??? Sure does make you wonder who the NFL would prefer to win today!

You know whats funny about that whole Hangartner situation? On the replay there is a Raven about 5 yards to Geoffs right without his helmet on. Did it come off during play, did he take it off himself, idk, but he is still there on the field without his helmet on. Hmmm.... the Corner int, the Nelson fumble, the Heap pushoff TD, the Hangartner penalty(with a Raven also helmetless)??? Sure does make you wonder who the NFL would prefer to win today!

The NFL is doing Ralph a favor by making sure we are the #1 team drafting. :lol:

PTR

Can't believe the number of people letting Hangartner off the hook for that stupid play. Bad call or not, that 15 yard penalty sealed the game. Would they have stopped them from getting a first down anyway? Who knows? But in any respect, that was a really boneheaded thing to do at the worst possible time. He wasn't the only guy on the offense pissed about the call, but he acted like a jackass and giftwrapped the ravens the victory.

Can't believe the number of people letting Hangartner off the hook for that stupid play. Bad call or not, that 15 yard penalty sealed the game. Would they have stopped them from getting a first down anyway? Who knows? But in any respect, that was a really boneheaded thing to do at the worst possible time. He wasn't the only guy on the offense pissed about the call, but he acted like a jackass and giftwrapped the ravens the victory.

Yes, I too am letting him off the hook. I think I would have been more :censored: if the Ravens would have run down our throats the extra 15 yards.

How do you blame Hangartner and not Nelson? Refs or no refs, Nelson needs to hang on to that ball.

Have you ever tried to hold on to a football while you are getting pulled in every way possible. The whistle should have been blown. There is so many times when I think the refs blow the whistle pre maturely, but in this case I thought the play was over leaned down to get a drink and when I looked up the Ravens had the ball. I was shocked.