Russell

BoBills20

Could Russel be a better than average QB absolutely - will Russel ever be any type of QB doubtful, he doesn't seem to have love and respect for the game, some of these guys seem to love the money, fame, women surrounding the NFL but not that they are playing in the NFL - could Russel grow up, get a work ethic, find God so to speak ... yeah it's possible, but it's more likely that he has enough money to slack around and party.

Russell is 25 years old, lacks desire, LARGE body big arm.

He'll throw the ball downfield and will soak up the sacks, lets be honest the guy was promised to be a top QB and he failed, does he deserve a 2nd chance?

The dude blows, please stop with the "let's get a guy from another team that sucks as bad or worse than any of our QBs, but somehow he will turn into a hall of famer here" schtick...

Could Russel be a better than average QB absolutely - will Russel ever be any type of QB doubtful, he doesn't seem to have love and respect for the game, some of these guys seem to love the money, fame, women surrounding the NFL but not that they are playing in the NFL - could Russel grow up, get a work ethic, find God so to speak ... yeah it's possible, but it's more likely that he has enough money to slack around and party.

JaMarcus Russel=Mike Williams

What the hell are you basing this crap your spewing on . Fact is he is only 25 and better than any QB we have on the team . We let vick get away from us when this town knew that he was better than anyone on this team . Russell will cost us the vet min I would rather pay the vet min and lose than pay Fitz 3.2 million to lose .

Edited by liverpoolkev

What the hell are you basing this crap your spewing on . Fact is he is only 25 and better than any QB we have on the team . We let vick get away from us when this town knew that he was better than anyone on this team . Russell will cost us the vet min I would rather pay the vet min and lose than pay Fitz 3.2 million to lose .

Given how well Russell played in Oakland, how pray tell is he better than any QB on our team? The only thing he has exhibited so far is poor work ethic, terrible accuracy, poor understanding of the game...

Given how well Russell played in Oakland, how pray tell is he better than any QB on our team? The only thing he has exhibited so far is poor work ethic, terrible accuracy, poor understanding of the game...

Really ? I know that there is a lot of love for our 3.2 million dollar losing QB but if we know that Fitz sucks would you continue to pay 3.2 million for him to continue to lose . If you do please stay away from my business. not one of our QB's , not one, exibit accuracy , understanding of the game , or great work ethic . Just like we are screaming for a college QB to start for the BILLS based on joke of college teams defenses they play . Thats how they was screaming for J. Russell when he was drafted. Do you want to Waste 70 million on a hunch (that what LUCK,MALLET,LOCKER,& PONDER are a 100 million dollar hunch that only threw against MICKEY MOUSE DEFENSES) or do you want to pay someone vet. minimum and tell them to prove it . I go with VET min and prove it for a million Alex.

he is not better than any QB we have. Here's the deal: If nobody else in the league wants him on their roster as a 3rd stringer, or even practice squad for that matter, then it's safe to say he is crap, the end.

You got the caucasion version in fitzpatrick because they both are a joke only Fitz cost more .

Edited by liverpoolkev

Really ? I know that there is a lot of love for our 3.2 million dollar losing QB but if we know that Fitz sucks would you continue to pay 3.2 million for him to continue to lose . If you do please stay away from my business. not one of our QB's , not one, exibit accuracy , understanding of the game , or great work ethic . Just like we are screaming for a college QB to start for the BILLS based on joke of college teams defenses they play . Thats how they was screaming for J. Russell when he was drafted. Do you want to Waste 70 million on a hunch (that what LUCK,MALLET,LOCKER,& PONDER are a 100 million dollar hunch that only threw against MICKEY MOUSE DEFENSES) or do you want to pay someone vet. minimum and tell them to prove it . I go with VET min and prove it for a million Alex.

I never said Fitz was a long term answer. However, Fitz is a lot better than Russell. Let's use the stats from nfl.com to explore this further.

Here are Fitz's numbers the past 3 seasons:

Season Team Passing

G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Rate

2010 Buffalo Bills 3 3 52 85 61.2 595 7 7 2 99.9

2009 Buffalo Bills 10 8 127 227 55.9 1,422 6.3 9 10 69.7

2008 Cincinnati 13 12 221 372 59.4 1,905 5.1 8 9 70

That comes to a completion percentage of 58% and an average QB rating of 80. TD to Int ratio is 1.14.

Now here are Jamarcus's numbers the past 3 seasons:

Season Team Passing

G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Rate

2009 Oakland Raiders 12 9 120 246 48.8 1,287 5.2 3 11 50

2008 Oakland Raiders 15 15 198 368 53.8 2,423 6.6 13 8 77.1

2007 Oakland Raiders 4 1 36 66 54.5 373 5.7 2 4 55.9

That comes to a completion percentage of 52% and an average QB rating of 61. TD to Int ratio is 0.78.

The above objective evidence shows that Fitz is significantly better. So just using simple stats pretty much refutes your argument about Russell being a better option.

Lastly, teams do not get out of a 10 year funk by signing someone else's first overall pick flameout and hoping that they suddenly become a Franchise QB. If you have a high draft pick and your talent evaluators feel there is a QB that deserves the pick, you have to roll the dice.

If the Bills sign a vet I'd like it to be Kyle Orton in the offseason. I think his contract is up at the end of the year. I'd then take the best player either T, NT, DE or LB with our high draft pick. Let Jamarcus enjoy his purple drank and millions.

Never mind Orton just signed a 2 year deal.

You got the caucasion version in fitzpatrick because they both are a joke only Fitz cost more .

Fitz and JaMarcus are diametrically opposed in terms of what they represent on the field. I would rather take the Field General with an IQ above 140 to be honest. I know he has some glaring weaknesses in the accuracy dept. but JaMarcus has an IQ of maybe 80. Give me the smart player with descent athleticism any day of the week. Let Fitz have time and he could be a big suprise. He is the 6th rated passer in the league right now.

He'll throw the ball downfield and will soak up the sacks, lets be honest the guy was promised to be a top QB and he failed, does he deserve a 2nd chance?

After passing on Vick last year and seeing what he's doing it might be worth a chance ?? Sign him to the league minimum put him as the third QB in OTA's & mini camp .

See what he can do in preseason, give him a chance to prove what he said on the interview was true if given a second chance & if he's the same ole Russel -- cut him -- nothing ventured nothing gained !!!

He has the size to be better than any OT on the Bills