Lynch Traded

Dante

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a good move. He could have been a good running back, but he tries to go sideways far too often and ends up losing yards. You can't say we could have gotten a better deal when everyone knew we were trying to move him. Would you rather keep him or have a 4th and ?th? I'd rather have the picks. There are good players in the 4th round and certain positions have value there. This was a good move. Could it have been better? Maybe, but no one was that desperate for an ex-con decent RB.

It was actually a terrible trade - Lynch is better than any 4th rounder the Bills have had in a quarter century - but they did have to trade him and really didn't have any other option. They blew it by thinking his value would go up by the trading deadline, but it didn't.

You guys know he was under contract until 2012 right? We drafted him in 2007 and he signed a 6 year contract, so he wasn't going to walk for nothing at the end of this season.

God I hate internet know-it-alls (looking at you Metal Man :devil: ).

edit: Bah! you beat me to it. Jerk. :nana:

Edited by yall

This restores, somewhat, my faith in the front office. Lynch needed to go, and it looks like Buffalo will perhaps get two picks out of it.

Seattle's 4th is going to be pretty high as well.

Fwiw, I agree. You and I agree more often than you think. :)

This team sucks, and we desperately need draft picks. As I have posted, I would love to see them offer 50 or 60 million dollars to Jeremy Trueblood to play RT, but it won't happen. The only possible way for the Bills to improve is through the draft.

My hope is that Ralph butts out and that the Bills abandon the Dick Levy method of drafting DBs, RBs and gadget players.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Nice value under the circumstances. A 3rd would have been nicer, but just got to move forward. The Bills need to stockpile draft picks right now and this is a good start.

Under what circumstances? What is this insane drive to get rid of all the Bills players? I'm all for improving, but this doesn't make the team better.

Insert our best RB Fred Jackson and let Spiller learn from him. It's time to move forward without Lynch. We gained a couple picks from it, we are going to need them for the future!

Jackson and Spiller.............I'm ready!

Are we sure that his contract was up this season?

His Wikipedia page states that he signed a 6 year deal which would put him under contract through 2012.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshawn_Lynch#Buffalo_Bills

The brilliant Sal M from the Rochester D&C is behind this. He constantly tweets and writes in the paper that ML is a free agent at seasons end. He's not or no team wouldve given up a 4th for him. Sal is an idiot for this repeated poor reporting. I sent him email and tweeted him about with no response. He uses it to make his position stronger.

Under what circumstances? What is this insane drive to get rid of all the Bills players? I'm all for improving, but this doesn't make the team better.

It's a trade for the future, we need all the picks we can get. Is this team any worse without Lynch?

Jackson and Spiller time!

Willis was better when he left and has proven it in Baltimore.

Lynch has to prove he can play.

How quickly people forget that Lynch had the best start to a career since Thomas. But hey he is a thug so he is porbably no good. Now he gets to play behind a good line, I hope he tears it up out there.

Hell, we got a 3rd and a 5th for Willis, but we only get a 4th for Marshawn? Yikes.

The value of running backs has gone down drastically since then.

I'd rather have Marshawn instead of Fred be our starter for the next 3+ years but Fred wouldn't have any trade value. They had to extend Lynch or trade him. He's better than a fourth round pick but that's all they were going to get for him at this point.

Edited by earthtobrint

Well it looks like 80% of my posts were incorrect....check that, they were not in alignment with OBD.... my apologies to all those I called crazy re showcasing etc. I was wrong. I can't believe we didn't get a player and a pick though.

So add #23 to the jerseys in my closet who are gone. Looks like I'm going with talleys jersey this Sunday.

I really wanted a lynch spiller backfield for the next 5 years...oh well... let's go freddie!

Singing off depressed and hopefully that they know what they're doing...

For one, Lynch is ONE mistake away from a full season suspension. That's quite a gamble the Seahawks are taking. Two, while Lynch may be putting forth the effort and doing his best, he really doesn't want to be here and is probably not a locker room kind of guy -- a guy who picks up his teammates. He's probably just going through the motions right now. Three, he's just not the type of player Chan wants to have around. I would have liked to see the Bills wait another week or so until the trading deadline got a little bit closer to see if they could have gotten a 3rd, but I don't fault the organization for this move. It was inevitable. They need draft picks right now and if the scouting department does their work, they can do well with the 4th and hopefully the conditional pick, as well.

You wonder why the Bills suck?

Draft a bust in the 1st round and then trade him away for a 4th round pick and consider it a good deal. This is how you build a loser!

Now maybe they can trade Lee Evans for a 5th rounder and really get happy!!!!!

We are deep at DB also, trade Byrd for a 6th rounder and a Philly Cheese Steak to the Eagles. Then turn around and trade Eric Wood to the Rams, so he can be close to home, that should get us tickets to a 3 game Cardinals series. The only difference between the Bills and the Florida Marlins is that they won before they dismantled. This organization is so damn clueless I need a doggie bag.

And I'm sure Philly and GB fans are bashing their front offices for not pulling this off at this price.

Don't think we would have accepted a 4th from those teams..it'd almost be a 5th as they're pretty good. Seattle's 4th probably a better bet. They wanted a 3rd from the Eagles.... Anyway, our 1st round picks from the decade of the Aughts are lookin' like a bunch of zeros

2002- Mike Williams Out of football for awhile, may be in the NFL again, I don't know but a colossal bust

2003- Willis McGahee- No longer on team. Decent player, though

2004- Lee Evans- still with team, but possibly the most overpaid WR in football. The guy bears no resemblance to say, Andre Johnson and is a one trick pony.

J.P. Losman- bust, out of NFL

2005 no 1st

2006 Donte Whitner- below average safety who makes no plays. Decent locker room presence, but that's about it. Huge reach that Kiper thought may have been available in the 3rd round.

John McCargo- team tried to trade him once and was inactive vs Jets team that rolled up nearly 300 yards on the ground. Enough said?

2007 Marshawn Lynch- Traded

2008 Leodis McKelvin - Jury still out. Why did the Bills not want Ryan Clady ?

2009 Aaron Maybin- Probably the next cut. Can't play the run and gets no pass rush. Picked over many better players that start for their teams and make pro bowls.

Wow. How does Tom Modrak keep his job?

Hell, we got a 3rd and a 5th for Willis, but we only get a 4th for Marshawn? Yikes.

Lynch is one strike away from a year suspension. That takes away from potential trade value. A 4th isn't bad for a RB who lacks vision and who runs stiff.

Then again, I'd have preferred to just to have kept Jackson and Lynch and used the 1st last year somewhere - almost anywhere - else.