The Reason Lynch Has Been The Featured RB The Last 2 Weeks

As a young, rebuilding team, the Buffalo Bills do not need 3 potential #1 running backs. Like the saying "to many cooks in the kitchen". I think the brain trusts realizes this as well. Marshawn is the odd man out and since he didn't play much last year and was injured the Bills are showcasing him to teams basically promoting he still has the ability to be a #1 back.

As weeks go by and teams like the Green Bay packers realize that defenses are noticing how one dimensional they are without a running attack, they will realize the value in picking up a player in the likes of Marshawn Lynch. 2nd and 3rd. 3rd and a player and I would be all over it.

Everybody has to realize the Bills are building for the future. 3 RB's is a waste and offers no value to this team. I have confidence in Gailey et al it will be a done deal and he will traded within the upcoming week(s) before the deadline. Its the only move that makes sense.

GO BILLS!

As a young, rebuilding team, the Buffalo Bills do not need 3 potential #1 running backs. Like the saying "to many cooks in the kitchen". I think the brain trusts realizes this as well. Marshawn is the odd man out and since he didn't play much last year and was injured the Bills are showcasing him to teams basically promoting he still has the ability to be a #1 back.

As weeks go by and teams like the Green Bay packers realize that defenses are noticing how one dimensional they are without a running attack, they will realize the value in picking up a player in the likes of Marshawn Lynch. 2nd and 3rd. 3rd and a player and I would be all over it.

Everybody has to realize the Bills are building for the future. 3 RB's is a waste and offers no value to this team. I have confidence in Gailey et al it will be a done deal and he will traded within the upcoming week(s) before the deadline. Its the only move that makes sense.

GO BILLS!

After 3 weeks of evidence you should realize the truth: Marshawn is #1 because he is the BEST running back we have. You dunce.

After 3 weeks of evidence you should realize the truth: Marshawn is #1 because he is the BEST running back we have. You dunce.

No he isn't. Spiller hands down is the best back we have. Marshawn has been featured for one reason and that is to get trade value for him.

No he isn't. Spiller hands down is the best back we have. Marshawn has been featured for one reason and that is to get trade value for him.

I disagree. All the scouts and FO's out there know he's 24 with a pro bowl and 2 1K seasons. He's our best 1st and 2nd down back - he and Spiller have a great future together!

Its not as black and white as you might think. After last year, a rational look at the running back position would conclude he was not our best running back for a variety of reasons. I would conclude Marshawn is "similarly good" to Spiller and Jackson with Spiller having the highest talent ceiling and Jackson being the most consistent RB of the trio.

The attributes Marshawn has that I don't see in the other running backs is that he is the hardest/toughest running back to tackle however his running style also comes with trade-offs. First off, Marshawn is not a patient runner who waits to attack the line of scrimmage. It is just attack the line, stutter to the left, right or backwards and use my strength to get a few a yards. Jackson on the other hand is patient, waits for the play to develop and attacks. Neither RB have a distinct advantage over one another when it comes to speed, our playing in the passing game out of the backfield. If we did not have a young stud in Spiller than I would look at Marshawns youth as more of advantage when analyzing this situation

We don't need another young back to complement Spiller, we need the most consistent RB both on and off the field to complement Spiller. Jackson is solid. Marshawns youth as well as prowl bowl selections give better credentials as trade bait even though I would rate the talent level of Jackson and Lynch pretty much as equals, giving an advantage to Jackson considering the off the field shenanigans of Lynch.

If you read the fan reaction and media in Green Bay, they are desperately crying out for a RB. Green Bay also realizes with their poor offensive line they can't rely solely on their passing game and Aaron Rodgers. He will get killed. Marshawn is the perfect fit and everyone realizes this. Dealing him to a team like Green Bay that is out of the conference is the perfect situation for the future of this football team. Hopefully we can get some picks, offensive lineman or linebacker and/or a combination of both.

Nice posting with you 12 15 11 7 10 11 7 5 14.

Cheers! and GO BILLS!

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Rumors are swirling that Buffalo is listening to offers for Lynch. Go down towards bottom of link below...

LINKY: Trade Rumors for Lynch

Um, those aren't 'swirling trade rumors' - that's one Green Bay fan from Milwaukee, pissed off after his team lost to the Bears last nite, writing down his thoughts and hopes...

"Maybe now the Packers will make some progress in their oft-rumored efforts to swing a deal for disgruntled Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch."

Maybe??? Oft-rumored??? Rumor of a Lynch trade only began to surface 10 days ago after their RB Ryan Grant tore 2 ligaments in his leg, ending his season.

"An NFL source said Monday night that the Bills, who had rebuffed not only the Packers’ advances but any team’s inquiries about the availability of the 2007 first-round draft pick, have put out word that they will at least start listening to offers for Lynch. Whether the Packers will – or will try to – trade for Lynch before the Oct. 19 trade deadline remains to be seen."

An NFL source??? Sounds like one individual that occasionlly speaks to the writer, not 'swirling rumors'. What this NFL source does, and how credible he is, we don't know.

Multiple reports in recent weeks have said that the Packers inquired about Lynch’s availability, and the source confirmed Monday night that the team had indeed contacted the Bills about him, even before Lynch ran 17 times for 64 yards against the Packers last week.

Multiple reports = many other columnists saw the original report that the Packers made overtures for Lynch when Grant incurred his season-ending injury (= old news)

the source = one 'source' telling the writer that the Packers contacted the Bills when Grant incurred his season-ending injury (= old news)

Lynch is our best RB threat from LOS - absolutely punishing, bounces off tacklers. Trading him would be stupid, and Buddy Nix is not stupid.

Edited by The Senator

I disagree. All the scouts and FO's out there know he's 24 with a pro bowl and 2 1K seasons. He's our best 1st and 2nd down back - he and Spiller have a great future together!

I concur.

I love Fred Jackson. But Fred is getting older.

Marshawn and Spiller can be a cornerstone of the franchise for years to come.

And I do love Marshawns thrashing, refuse-to-go-down style.

Rumors are swirling that Buffalo is listening to offers for Lynch. Go down towards bottom of link below...

LINKY: Trade Rumors for Lynch

The Bills would be stupid not to listen to any offer for any player on this team. If some team wants to make a dumb trade that helps the Bills in the long run then go ahead and make the move. I would argue there is not a single player including Spiller who could not be moved for the right price.

Spiller isn't even the second best RB on the team. He's a niche player. That could change as he progresses but for now, that's all he is.

Um, those aren't 'swirling trade rumors' - that's one Green Bay fan from Milwaukee, pissed off after his team lost to the Bears last nite, writing down his thoughts and hopes...

"Maybe now the Packers will make some progress in their oft-rumored efforts to swing a deal for disgruntled Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch."

Maybe??? Oft-rumored??? Rumor of a Lynch trade only began to surface 10 days ago after their RB Ryan Grant tore 2 ligaments in his leg, ending his season.

"An NFL source said Monday night that the Bills, who had rebuffed not only the Packers’ advances but any team’s inquiries about the availability of the 2007 first-round draft pick, have put out word that they will at least start listening to offers for Lynch. Whether the Packers will – or will try to – trade for Lynch before the Oct. 19 trade deadline remains to be seen."

An NFL source??? Sounds like one individual that occasionlly speaks to the writer, not 'swirling rumors'. What this NFL source does, and how credible he is, we don't know.

Multiple reports in recent weeks have said that the Packers inquired about Lynch’s availability, and the source confirmed Monday night that the team had indeed contacted the Bills about him, even before Lynch ran 17 times for 64 yards against the Packers last week.

Multiple reports = many other columnists saw the original report that the Packers made overtures for Lynch when Grant incurred his season-ending injury (= old news)

the source = one 'source' telling the writer that the Packers contacted the Bills when Grant incurred his season-ending injury (= old news)

Lynch is our best RB threat from LOS - absolutely punishing, bounces off tacklers. Trading him would be stupid, and Buddy Nix is not stupid.

Well stated. I have recently changed my opinion regarding Lynch. He really looks good right now...absolutely punishing. If/when we improve our offensive line, Lynch and Spiller are going to make a pretty scare backfield tandem. I think it would be preferable to trade Fred Jackson. I like the guy a lot, but have a lot of talent at RB. Definitely time to stock up on some draft picks.

Marshawn Lynch is a great RB period. I dont trust our scouting department to come even close in replacing his talent via the draft on either side of the ball. When are you guys gonna learn drafting is a crap shoot. Also Green Bay has nothing to offer as far as players go.

Edited by JohninMinn.

Running backs are a dime a dozen.

Trade him now for anything.

We're not going to re-sign him when his contract expires in any event.

If there is one position in which you can pick up a productive player late(er) in the draft is RB.

Like what was mentioned earlier, the Bills would be stupid to not listen to any offers. The only untouchables I would put a stamp on and build around is Spiller, Wood, McKelvin, Williams (Kyle) and Byrd.

Well stated. I have recently changed my opinion regarding Lynch. He really looks good right now...absolutely punishing. If/when we improve our offensive line, Lynch and Spiller are going to make a pretty scare backfield tandem. I think it would be preferable to trade Fred Jackson. I like the guy a lot, but have a lot of talent at RB. Definitely time to stock up on some draft picks.

Like OBD has a recent history of being able to use those draft picks to build a better team. I know, we have to give the new staff time and let the players develop, but we have been saying that about every three years for the last nine years and now that Lynch has shown he wants to be a bruiser this year, everyone wants to trade him for draft picks. I might consider trading him for a starting LT or QB, but the way RBs get hurt, why not have 3 good ones? just saying...

Edited by LGB

The fact is Lynch is a FA after this season and does not love living in Buffalo. Considering the needs of the team, the Bills cannot afford to resign Lynch. I say trade him to a good team if they can, get a 4th rd pick, thank him for his efforts and move on. Lynch is a solid RB and fun to watch in "beast mode". Since we are playing for the 1st pick in the draft, I say it worth trading him.

Wrong... Try he is the most complete back on the team!

You have no clue! He doesn't hold a candle to Fred Jackson, and Spiller is gaining on Lynch after a couple of games. The only time that he gains any yards, are when he has a hole, you could drive a truck through. He waddles back and forth, even when he's in the open field and he doesn't need to fake anyone out. Fred Jackson beat him out fair and square as a D-3 player and Marshawn a 1st round pick out of a Major D-1 School. Marshawn had every opportunity to be the man, and obviously never lived up to his billing. Hopefully you were just kidding when you made that statement.

You have no clue! He doesn't hold a candle to Fred Jackson, and Spiller is gaining on Lynch after a couple of games.

I like all three backs as they are all different. Spiller is going to take some time and might never be a true #1 back, no one knows yet. There's so many ways he can be used that it's almost a shame if he's just a RB. As a RB he still has some trouble with the speed of the NFL game.

Jackson has great vision. Lynch will punish your a**.

I'll say this, Marshawn is running wild right now. If they trade him they better get at least a #2. Otherwise it's like handing Green Bay a weapon that could put them over the top. There's a price to be paid for that.

The Bills would be stupid not to listen to any offer for any player on this team. If some team wants to make a dumb trade that helps the Bills in the long run then go ahead and make the move. I would argue there is not a single player including Spiller who could not be moved for the right price.

I have to agree with this. I think the price for Spiller would have to be VERY high, so I wouldn't worry about losing him.

Trading Lynch for a 4th would be stupid. If the Bills got REAL value, such as a quality player in a position of need, I think you have to consider it.

The fact is Lynch is a FA after this season and does not love living in Buffalo. Considering the needs of the team, the Bills cannot afford to resign Lynch. I say trade him to a good team if they can, get a 4th rd pick, thank him for his efforts and move on. Lynch is a solid RB and fun to watch in "beast mode". Since we are playing for the 1st pick in the draft, I say it worth trading him.

Are you mad(as in insane)? a 4th rounder for Lynch? I'm a freddie fan but Marshawn is a very good back. I would tell any team offering a 4th to go take a sh*t for themselves. We got two 3's and change for McGahee.

LOL how is Marshawn the odd man out when he is playing really well right now. We'd get no different trade value if he had been riding the pine the whole time. It's not like he has really shot up his stock and teams are going to willing to trade high round picks for him. He is a beast and I'm sure the FO is aware that if they get rid of him that leaves them with a RB who is only good in space, and a 30 year old running back who might have already reached his ceiling.

Some factual corrections - since it's useful to have good, accurate information at times - and some personal observations/opinions:

1) Lynch signed a 5-year, $19M deal in 2007, is not a FA until 2012, and is a fantastic value at his 2010 salary $885K and 2011/2012 salary of $1.14/year (2012 is voidable)

"Marshawn's ecstatic and looking forward to helping the Bills," agent Doug Hendrickson said. "All along, Marshawn told us he wanted to be in camp on time and instructed us to get the deal done." - (USA Today)

2) Besides being a great athlete and our best RB, Lynch has never had anything but good things to say about this city, this team, and the fans - at least until fans started their relentless ragging on the guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSO-kdWLFes

(You have to wonder if some Buffalo fans just don't want - or deserve to have - star quality players who are also entertaining, great teammates, and don't bash The BuffTown.)

3) As stated, the Bills don't have to worry about re-signing or extending ML until next season.

4) A 4th round pick? For a Pro Bowl RB was the #12 overall pick and rushed for over 1000 yards in each of his first 2 seasons???

Lynch was the second running back selected in the draft, behind Oklahoma's Adrian Peterson, who was taken at No. 7 by Minnesota. Lynch finished with 3,230 yards rushing and 29 touchdowns, while adding 600 yards receiving and six TDs in 35 games spread over three seasons at California. (USA Today)

5) We're playing for 1st pick in the draft? Really??? Care to tell the players who bust their ass day-in, day-out in practice and every Sunday on the field that what they're really aiming for - what their true goal should be - is to finish 2010 with the worst record in the NFL???

Personally I think that - while you have to listen to offers - unless someone offers MULTIPLE picks and players in addition to a first or high-second rounder, the Bills would be foolish to trade Lynch and should probably extend him and give him a big fat raise. Guy's a BEAST. A bruising, punishing back who fights for every yard and is also a receiving - and even passing - threat.

This is the guy you want to trade for a 4th round pick...

Link - Marshawn Lynch

Seriously???

Running backs are a dime a dozen.

Trade him now for anything.

We're not going to re-sign him when his contract expires in any event.

I can't understand this RB are a dime a dozen **** anymore, if this is the case then Green Bay should have a dime on there roster. A guy like Lynch doesn't just come around the kid is a tough runner and very hard to bring down, he make it look fun out there take a big hit and laugh the **** off... You get rid of Lynch, Fred loses a step in two years then people on this board will cry about the lost of Lynch and B word about the bull **** FO we have as half if not all of you do now.

You have no clue! He doesn't hold a candle to Fred Jackson, and Spiller is gaining on Lynch after a couple of games. The only time that he gains any yards, are when he has a hole, you could drive a truck through. He waddles back and forth, even when he's in the open field and he doesn't need to fake anyone out. Fred Jackson beat him out fair and square as a D-3 player and Marshawn a 1st round pick out of a Major D-1 School. Marshawn had every opportunity to be the man, and obviously never lived up to his billing. Hopefully you were just kidding when you made that statement.

Never lived up to his billing? Doesn't hold a candle to Fred Jackson? Fred beat him out fair and square? It's hard to take posts like this seriously. I'll listen to the debate, but this is ridiculous.

2012 his contract is donw. We can afford to resign him.. 4th round pick? Glad you're not the GM. We're not playing for the 1st pick - that's crazy.

Thus of all your statements, you were 1 for 5 with your accuracy - worse than Trent.

Marshawn Lynch is a great RB period. I dont trust our scouting department to come even close in replacing his talent via the draft on either side of the ball. When are you guys gonna learn drafting is a crap shoot. Also Green Bay has nothing to offer as far as players go.

Then give us draft picks. It's pretty clear the Bills are rebuilding/reconstructing, so the best thing to do is stock up on picks.

I think Lynch is a good all-around back, but I like Jackson more. He's a better runner than Lynch - hits the hole hard instead of dancing around for more yardage. He may be 30, but I think he can still give us a few more years than everyone thinks.

He signed a 6 year deal in 2007.... how is he a FA this year?

Lynch is running the ball better this year,and has resumes his position as the # 1 RB on the Bills. Trading a him would have been OK if Joique Bell wouldn't have been signed off the practice squad. If someone gives us a 2nd or a 3rd and 5th I'd take the deal. we need as many picks as possible because we are rebuilding and we tend to make mistakes when we draft.

If this is indeed a rebuilding of the Bills for the future (which i believe it is) and by the prior statements made by both Nix & Gailey that they are always looking to make the team better , it would make total sense that they will look at & listen to any offers on players that don't fit their plan for the future.

Marshawn is a good back & very tough but Fred ain't no slouch !!! If they can get what they want a starter & a higher draft pick it would totally be worth it . You see the Pats doing that stuff all the time (Richard Seymore) I just wish they would have done it before they let Joique Bell go !!!!!

Edited by T master