ICE will probably get the last laugh

Frez

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steelers defense will be licking their chops vs Bledsoe.

I can see it coming from a mile away.

To many IF's to look ahead that far, but If it's on the line for both teams I'm not liking my chances vs that Steelers blitzing defense with Bledsoe.

149622[/snapback]

When did he start practicing to block on the line?

To many IF's to look ahead that far, but If it's on the line for both teams I'm not liking my chances vs that Steelers blitzing defense with Bledsoe.

149622[/snapback]

I'm always amazed after a win. how people like to look ahead and predict when Bledsoe will lose. But what impresses more, is how they always make hurdles for Bledsoe so high that he'll never ever make people happy.

Win a game that a week early people said wasn't winnable, trash the opponent to lessen the effects of Bledsoe good performance.

Think Bledsoe won't win a Super Bowl for us because he's a loser, well this weekend 32 Qb's started in the NFL, guess how many have actually won a Super Bowl..............TWO!

I'll bet anything that if the Bills run the table, make the playoffs, you'll see a post like this:

"Bledsoe can't beat playoff team X because..."

Of course this current post will be forgotten, as they always are, because Bledsoe never gets his due, people just keep making him jump through more hurdles.

Fug that.  Bring on Pittsburgh.  If we can't beat the Steelers in a must-win game at home we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.  That game IS a playoff game for us.

149628[/snapback]

Hey, EVERY game has been a Playoff game since three games ago. Once and done.

Ok, so when the chips were down Bledosoe took this team on his shoulders and beat a 2 -9 Miami team without a head coach. I'm very happy he actually demonstrated that he has a pulse and has the potential to win a game for us and didn't make any game killing Drewish mistakes.

When Drew has a solid performance (not great, just solid) on the road in a playoff game for us, if we even get there with him, then I'll believe he has what it takes. I don't buy the "he won the Pittsburgh" game for NE argument.

RunTheBall

Ok, so when the chips were down Bledosoe took this team on his shoulders and beat a 2 -9 Miami team without a head coach.  I'm very happy he actually demonstrated that he has a pulse and has the potential to win a game for us and didn't make any game killing Drewish mistakes.

When Drew has a solid performance (not great, just solid) on the road in a playoff game for us, if we even get there with him, then I'll believe he has what it takes. I don't buy the "he won the Pittsburgh" game for NE argument.

RunTheBall

149885[/snapback]

Exactly. I think Simon's got it right about Drew. He plays best when he's pissed.

The fact that he actually came alive when his back was pushed half-way out the door seems to be his M.O. Frankly I don't care much about the psychology of his mood swings. It's about winning, and his entire body of work in Buffalo is underwhelming in that category. Here's to his continuing improvement and the Bills running the table. Who knows, maybe he's "found" himself again. One loss though and so many hearts will be broken.

Actually he did lead the team to a Super Bowl (which they did not win)

And he led them to a 2nd Super Bowl ( which they did win ) when he came in and played QB for over a half in the AFC Championship game in 2001.  1 TD no turnovers and a victory.

So basically, as usual, you don't have your facts straight.  But that's to be expected since you can see straight from the extreme bitterness you feel now that the Bills are winning and Bledsoe is leading them on.

When you wake up tomorrow try to wipe away all the negativity and forget that you're not going to be proven right this year.  Take a fresh new look at the final quarter of the season, maybe you can salvage some dignity.

149739[/snapback]

Actually he didn't lead them anywhere in 2001. Other than a couple of passes (1 td) it was hand off, punt and play great D. Please do some real research. Kordell handed the patsies that game.

As for Dignity I have tons. I just don't give a sh-- about how I am percieved with a bunch of dim wit homers that have long forgotten what real Bills football is like. So please continue to jerk each other off at every win over a sub .500 team I am sure you have convinced yourselfs by now that it is a good thing.

Actually he didn't lead them anywhere in 2001. Other than a couple of passes (1 td) it was hand off, punt and play great D. Please do some real research. Kordell handed the patsies that game.

As for Dignity I have tons. I just don't give a sh-- about how I am percieved with a bunch of dim wit homers that have long forgotten what real Bills football is like. So please continue to jerk each other off at every win over a sub .500 team I am sure you have convinced yourselfs by now that it is a good thing.

149928[/snapback]

Homers? Real Bills football? When did you start rooting for the Bills? Hmmm let me guess, early 90's? Too many fans were spoiled by those years. What about all the pitiful seasons before that? Give me a damn break. We all want the Bills to return to the form that took them to 4 superbowls but your personal crusade makes only you look like "homer"... :doh:

Yeah, and Warner, Proehl, and another Rams player (whose names escapes me) handed the patsies that SB. Your point? Oh yes, it's a team game, and Bledsoe, like Brady, did nothing to lose that game, if not "win" the game. Just because Bledsoe didn't do it in overly-dramatic fashion in the final 2 minutes doesn't take away the fact that the points he led the team to were the decisive ones, kind of like the Bills "needing a defensive TD" to beat the Dols this past weekend.

149928[/snapback]

It is obvious you do not give a sh-- how you are perceived. Too bad, you are a decent guy, OFF LINE.

149622[/snapback]

ICE will surely get the "last laugh." He has set himself in a position where if the Bills lose ONE FOOTBALL GAME, he can come here and post that he was "right." If the Bills march to the superbowl and lose, he will blame Drew and pose once again as "Dr ICE."

Actually, I think it is kinda funny and I hope he keeps it up. :doh:

getting the last laugh is easy when you continuously revise history!

149622[/snapback]

Not much lately, except the NE game.  Willis and Shelton do not equal Travis and Shelton in the backfield.  Willis and Shelton as a pair seem to be able to handle the blitz better and Drew seems more comfortable with them in there.

149657[/snapback]

I think the difference is in the personel. If a Super-bowl contender with a fast defense is where Drew fails. He has improved in this department with mediocre teams but when a team like the Pats, or Stillers blitz the hell out of him is the problem.

149622[/snapback]

So you're saying that if Pittsburgh kicks the crap out of Drew, then Ice is right? You mean FINALLY...after 16 weeks of football...Ice gets one right?

Keep in mind that being right to him means saying something, believing it regardless of all evidence, and telling everyone who disagrees with him that they're a bunch of fukktards.

Given I've been laughing at him all year, I guess it's only fair he gets the last laugh at the end of the season.

I think the difference is in the personel. If a Super-bowl contender with a fast defense is where Drew fails. He has improved in this department with mediocre teams but when a team like the Pats, or Stillers blitz the hell out of him is the problem.

150128[/snapback]

I wonder if this is still true after the way we played the last 3 games. I would like to see one of the next three teams try to 'blitz the hell out of DB' and see the results. Granted these teams have weaker defenses than NE or Pitt.

There just may be a possibility that the ability to pick up blitzes is better now than prior to the NE game. If this is true, the Steelers will be burnt badly. Let us see how this plays out. At a minimum, the season is interesting once more.

My suspicion is that if we go get into the playoffs, our momentum will be strong enough to run over the opponent in the wildcard game. Yes, I actually said we will win the WC game if we get there. That is ofcourse a mighty big IF.

149928[/snapback]

Ice....you do remember that Drew went to a super bowl against the packers right?

Yes they lost (painful game for me....I lost $150 buck when the pats didn't cover the spread)

149928[/snapback]

Yeah, I wish I could have jumped on the bandwagon in 1986 and rode the crest of the wave. Stupid me, I had to be a BILLS fan through the 70s and early 80s, when we were redefining the word "suck" on a seemingly annual basis.

Keep up the good work, Timmah.