The Trent situation was not handled well

jahnyc

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it is worth, my insider tells me there are some very angry Bills players today... Trent was well liked, and respected by many of his teammates... Gailey might be losing some of these guys... I suspect there are going to be many, many changes... that might be a good thing.

The sooner we lose 60% of the roster the better. Lets get so people in here who can play.

I would agree except the Bills Front Office had no reason to keep Trent on. If they kept him, then everyone would say here we go again, wait until Fitz screws up then Trent will come back in. I stated long ago that the team was using Trent to get the line better for Brohm. I always felt Nix wanted Brohm and was brought in even before they made news that Nix was in. I bet that Nix had some arrangements before he signed or was giving suggestions as a consultant before he was asked to take the job. I also feel that when the Bills went to Cowher, he not only recommended Chan but set it up for the team. They were and are using Trent and Fitz to school Brohm. Fitz is an awesome backup and the staff knows this. By next year we will see Brohm as our starter in my opinion. For the team to go draft a big qb, we will not be in position to do so. Look at all teams that will need a qb next year, and what their records will be. I have us at best 5th in picking at the draft next year. There most likely won't be a qb that we want by then. Brohm was picked by most to have a better ability than Rogers in his draft time. Most said he was a Jim Kelly in the making. I really see Chan the Man using this year to develop Brohm and having the o-line develop as well. Next years draft will be a solid LB or o-lineman as our first pick. Chan did a great job by cutting ties and not leaving everyone guessing what if's...

More Brohm the savior.

Did you listen to the press conference? Gailey said he felt it was "time to start working with Brohm". He also said there was little difference between the 3 QBs. This is at a press conference where he is announcing the team is dumping the QB that he thought was the best of the 3 a mere week earlier. If Brohm was at the beginning just a little behind a guy that gets cut outright and hasn't gotten any real work other than running the scout team, that speaks volumes about your QB situation. Maybe some of the "idiots in the national media" were on to something when they kept saying the Bills had no QBs.

Edited by Sisyphean Bills

People defending this fiasco are unbelievable. Players found out that one of their captains, and starting QB 8 days before, gets cut not from Gailey or some other Bills person, but from watching ESPN! Regardless of what you think of Edwards as a QB, this is the definition of a clown organization, pure and simple.

Now consider this. Assuming the Bills don't sign another QB by Sunday they have Fitz and Brohm. If, God forbid, Fitz goes down (they are playing a real defense this week remember, not the Pats) that leaves Brohm and who as a backup ... Roscoe is it? Then the Bills have to scramble and sign whoever will agree to come to this team. They don't even have a QB on the practice squad to call up I don't believe. If the Bills cut Edwards just for the hell of it, or to send a message, or whatever other bull **** reasons have been thrown around without being close to signing some other QB then they are every bit the joke organization that the majority of the media is making them out to be. We will know this by Sunday.

People defending this fiasco are unbelievable. Players found out that one of their captains, and starting QB 8 days before, gets cut not from Gailey or some other Bills person, but from watching ESPN! Regardless of what you think of Edwards as a QB, this is the definition of a clown organization, pure and simple.

Now consider this. Assuming the Bills don't sign another QB by Sunday they have Fitz and Brohm. If, God forbid, Fitz goes down (they are playing a real defense this week remember, not the Pats) that leaves Brohm and who as a backup ... Roscoe is it? Then the Bills have to scramble and sign whoever will agree to come to this team. They don't even have a QB on the practice squad to call up I don't believe. If the Bills cut Edwards just for the hell of it, or to send a message, or whatever other bull **** reasons have been thrown around without being close to signing some other QB then they are every bit the joke organization that the majority of the media is making them out to be. We will know this by Sunday.

Gailey said he didn't know what they do next and that Buddy was upstairs working on it. Does that sound like an orchestrated plan or simple flailing to you?

Irregardless

My Man!! :worthy::thumbsup:

Gailey said he didn't know what they do next and that Buddy was upstairs working on it. Does that sound like an orchestrated plan or simple flailing to you?

Sounds like a coach doing his job and a GM doing his job to me. Likely they know what they are going to be doing, but they are not sharing it with the media. I mean would you rather they just come out and tell you all their plans like who they plan on drafting, who they are targeting in free agency, etc before it happens so other teams can get ahead of them?

You can't look at this situation in a vacuum. Yes, the Bills released an underperforming player at a key position, but is there an adequate replacement for him? He also was a captain, and I can assure you that players on other teams are not going to respect the Bills for making this move at this time. We all want better players. In fact, we all wanted a top front office. Instead, the Bills cut players and the replacements are worse. It is the cumulative effect of all these actions that is troubling.

If, God forbid, Fitz goes down (they are playing a real defense this week remember, not the Pats) that leaves Brohm and who as a backup ...

Oh you mean the defense that gave up 436 yards to the Dolphins including 363 to Chad Henne?

Excuse if I come away unimpressed.

I woudln't worry that much about what happens if Fitz gets hurt Sunday. If there is an NFL calliber third string QB available as a free agent, 4 weeks into the NFL season, he will jump to sign with the Bills, no matter how poorly the team is viewed at the moment. Those jobs are few and far between. And they pay pretty damn well!

And how many teams fire their OC before the start of the season or a few games in and replace him with the QB coach?

Well...the Niners just fired their OC 2 games into their season (their 6th OC in 4 years) and no one seems to be b!tching about that.

I don't buy it. The Cardinals released Leinhart, the Pats cut Milloy a few days before the season started, players get cut for money or because of injury, it's a crazy cut throat league.

Absolutely- are you kidding me. Trent was given chance after chance even when he didn't deserve it. Bring in one of the most productive recievers in the history of the league and he still can't get things done. When you don't produce your let go - pretty simple

but is there an adequate replacement for him? Bills cut players and the replacements are worse. It is the cumulative effect of all these actions that is troubling.

Hmm...let's see, we have about 100 area high school QBs who would be a better option than Edwards is...I am pretty positive they could have thrown for more than 11 yards in 3 quarters against Green Bay. As far as someone being worse than Edwards, that would be next to impossible.

My Man!! :worthy::thumbsup:

Sounds like a coach doing his job and a GM doing his job to me. Likely they know what they are going to be doing, but they are not sharing it with the media. I mean would you rather they just come out and tell you all their plans like who they plan on drafting, who they are targeting in free agency, etc before it happens so other teams can get ahead of them?

It's not so black and white.

Instead of saying, "I dunno" he could have said, "We are targeting a couple of players that we are really high on and Buddy is working on bringing them in now." So, no, he doesn't have to announce his plans in plain view, but he could sound confident and like there was a thought-out plan underway rather than a scramble drill to react to a knee-jerk reaction from the accountants.

It's not so black and white.

Instead of saying, "I dunno" he could have said, "We are targeting a couple of players that we are really high on and Buddy is working on bringing them in now." So, no, he doesn't have to announce his plans in plain view, but he could sound confident and like there was a thought-out plan underway rather than a scramble drill to react to a knee-jerk reaction from the accountants.

You are trying way way too hard to make something out of nothing...

Whats so bad about cutting a player who had no future with the team? Trent was gone at season's end after being benched. So why not get rid of him and look to bring in someone who might contribute in the future. The teeth gnashing over this is nothing more than people being negative jackasses for the sake of trashing the Bills. And no surprise its the usual suspects are the ones acting irrationally.

Anyone whining about getting rid of Edwards simply needs to re-watch the first 2 games of this year. You really want that guy on your roster?