The Trent situation was not handled well

jahnyc

Yes, you'll be spoken poorly with the track record they have.

Tell me about Buddy's poor track record?

The truth is, when you lose you get criticized for EVERY move you make or don't make by shallow observers. When you win, those same people say your s#it doesn't stink no matter what you do.

This is a situation when the Bills are being trashed for no good reason. Trent was done with the Bills.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it is worth, my insider tells me there are some very angry Bills players today... Trent was well liked, and respected by many of his teammates... Gailey might be losing some of these guys... I suspect there are going to be many, many changes... that might be a good thing.

Gailey lost people the last time he was a HC in the NFL. He fell out of favor with Troy Aikman and was fired following that '99 season. Sure, some homer will say Jerry Jones regretted the move, but if the HC manages to lose the a 3 time SB winning QB in less than 2 seasons, who's probably at fault?

For what it is worth, my insider tells me there are some very angry Bills players today... Trent was well liked, and respected by many of his teammates... Gailey might be losing some of these guys... I suspect there are going to be many, many changes... that might be a good thing.

Thanks for sharing.

That is the sense that I have. There is only one guy who I know of who tried to undermine him (other than TO last year). I have a feeling that the things that Fred Jackson, CJ (and even Thurman) are saying are representative of most of the team.

In any event, it is what it is. Let's hope we can move forward and somehow return to the glory years -- which are now a very distant memory.

The team in in need of a thorough shakeup in attitude. If it does anything to change their approach it will likely be positive.

Sure, some homer will say Jerry Jones regretted the move

Why would that person need to be a homer? They just need to have the ability to read and pay attention. Only a person who wanted to be completely critical and unfair, would ignore it.

Tell me about Buddy's poor track record?

The truth is, when you lose you get criticized for EVERY move you make or don't make by shallow observers. When you win, those same people say your s#it doesn't stink no matter what you do.

This is a situation when the Bills are being trashed for no good reason. Trent was done with the Bills.

I ask this question in all honesty: How many teams who bench the starting QB who got all the 1st team reps in pre-season cut the guy 8 days after starting him? No one does. You homers go on making excuses for why things are normal, but the story isn't why TE was released, it's the timing. An off-season of evaluation shot in 2+ weeks. Yeah, that's shallow analysis.

Why would that person need to be a homer? They just need to have the ability to read and pay attention. Only a person who wanted to be completely critical and unfair, would ignore it.

Thanks for the injection of reason into a thread that sorely needed it. Jerry Jones did say that he probably pulled the trigger on Gailey too quickly. I doubt there's any reason for Jones to say it if he didn't mean it. What would he care?

As for Aikman, he was one more concussion short of permanent brain damage and had clearly lost what made him the QB he was in the early 90's. Easier for Aikman to blame Gailey than to accept his own demise.

This was so abrupt that it seems that Edwards and his agent had to have some hand in the process. Timing is everything in professional sports and its stands to reason that TE would like to get out of Buffalo as quickly as possible. And Buffalo was only to happy to accomodate him.

This was so abrupt that it seems that Edwards and his agent had to have some hand in the process. Timing is everything in professional sports and its stands to reason that TE would like to get out of Buffalo as quickly as possible. And Buffalo was only to happy to accomodate him.

That's also a fair point. But, if that were the case, I think the Bills would have leaked it in order to save face. Even the Edwards camp would likely be in favor of that being the rumor.

Dean, I hesitate to say this, but I worry that you're getting Stockholm Syndrome. Without question, the move was very badly handled, and this current team is in a death spiral. I'll be very surprised if they win 3 games. People can talk all the want about bottoming out and looking toward the future (2012, 2013, etc. - I'm guilty of this myself on occasion because what else is there?), but to quote Keynes, in the long run we'll all be dead. Judging from the quotes in the News piece, Edwards was well liked and many people on the team aren't happy. Yeah, they'll get over it and many of them will be gone in a year or two, but the reputation of the team will take another hit. These things have repercussions. The Bills haven't been able to sign anyone decent for years, and there's a reason for that. The organization is terrible.

Leinart is a horrible comparison, btw. That move has been on the horizon -- plain as day -- ever since Whisenhunt arrived.

Dean, I hesitate to say this, but I worry that you're getting Stockholm Syndrome. Without question, the move was very badly handled, and this current team is in a death spiral. I'll be very surprised if they win 3 games. People can talk all the want about bottoming out and looking toward the future (2012, 2013, etc. - I'm guilty of this myself on occasion because what else is there?), but to quote Keynes, in the long run we'll all be dead. Judging from the quotes in the News piece, Edwards was well liked and many people on the team aren't happy. Yeah, they'll get over it and many of them will be gone in a year or two, but the reputation of the team will take another hit. These things have repercussions. The Bills haven't been able to sign anyone decent for years, and there's a reason for that. The organization is terrible.

Leinart is a horrible comparison, btw. That move has been on the horizon -- plain as day -- ever since Whisenhunt arrived.

+100.

Leinart lost the starting job in the preseason. He wasn't heralded as winning a non-existent competition and then released by week 3. Something is fishy and no matter what actually went down, the Bills, again....look completely out of their league.

I'm telling you, there are some weird decisions coming down from Ralph Wilson.

Edited by Union2008

I ask this question in all honesty: How many teams who bench the starting QB who got all the 1st team reps in pre-season cut the guy 8 days after starting him? No one does. You homers go on making excuses for why things are normal, but the story isn't why TE was released, it's the timing. An off-season of evaluation shot in 2+ weeks. Yeah, that's shallow analysis.

If you criticize the Bills for starting Trent, you should be rejoicing in their canning him. But to criticize them for BOTH shows malice on your part. They corrected their mistake. That's a plus in my book. The other stuff is all bulls#it.

Leinart, a 1st round draft pick, was the Cards presumed starter at the start of preseason. He was cut a week before the season started. I see no real difference between that scenario and what the Bills did with Edwards, especially when Whisenhunt has had since 2007 to evaluate Leinart.

Yes, the Bills are bad and have been for a while. But you are simply hyper-critical, and find any reason to bash them.

Also, I think this says it all:

For the record, the Bills don't have to pay Edwards his full salary because he has less than four years' experience. The Bills paid him for three games, for $291,176. He would have made $1.65 million for a full season.

I'm telling you. This decision came from up above Nix.

Whisenhunt "arrived" in 2007. I would think taking that long, and waiting until just before the season to make the move, would be seen as inept. I guarantee you it would be seen as a colossal screw-up if it happened on the Bills.

And I would think you would applaud the move as an effort to stop the death spiral. How can dumping your worthless QB be a bad thing?