Kelsay Close To Extension Deal

Rico

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I opened this thread thinking to myself that it had to be a cruel joke. I cannot believe that anyone would consider extending him. He's weak at the point of attack, he doesn't rush the passer well and he is absolutely terrible in coverage.

$24M? God, now I hope that next season canceled.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/

Buffalo Bills outside linebacker Chris Kelsay is close to an agreement on a contract extension with the team, sources tell The News.

Kelsay, 30, is in his eighth season with the Bills and has pleased the Bills’ new regime with his transition from defensive end to outside linebacker.

:death:

Didn't he just get a big extension he didn't deserve a couple years ago??

I can tell that the faithful are excited by this move!

Ha Ha! YES!

And to think I was excited by the fact that the guy was in his final year. :blink:

This may tell us all we need to know about Buddy Nix.

Yes, all of us ARE better talent evaluators.

Put the Stadium Wall in charge of personnel!

We have more sense than management!

OMG you mean when we promoted a GM from within our rotten, failure of a front office, it was going to be business as usual????? Retread old man coach, old man no name GM, retread, terrible players.

You can dee all of the Ralph Wilson apologists losing stream and finally opening their eyes by the day lately. We really are at the end of the line, and now only the absolutely most delusional can't see it.

well, the Bills will have to waste money on some players next year to get to the salary floor.

If a new CBA comes into effect and establishes a new method of calculating the salary cap, that's not as far-fetched as some may think.

Kelsay's a nice quote after the game, but he's not going to get any better. He's totally out of position on a 3-4 team, and his pass rushing from a four man front is underwhelming. I don't see why they need to re-sign him now. Let him hit the open market and see what he gets. Should he leave, not a big loss.

I wonder how many millions we would have to spend on F/A's next year if we werent paying for Whitner, Stroud, McCargo and Kelsey. Plug Scott in for Donte, start Carrington for Stroud, McCargo hasnt done anything for 5 years anyway so no loss there and just let Kelsey go. And if Maybust doesnt show anything in camp next year, hes cut and we have to eat the signing bonus so be it, but at least we arent paying millions in salary for next to zero in production. Seems like more than enough to get LT McNeil and a couple of legitimate LBs.

I really wanted to believe Nix and Gailey were different, but if they invest this much money into this worthless clown, they are as bad as anyone we have had at GM/ HC

Maybe worse. At lease when Levy extended him, he was coming off his best season and was supposedly entering his prime. This move would be the equivalent of going back and somehow drafting Maybin 11th overall all over again.

I was thinking about this some more on the way to work this morning, and it came down to this: If Kelsay is given a contract extension to continue his role in this defense, our team's management either is wildly incompetent or likes losing. There's just no in-between.