Kelsay Close To Extension Deal

Rico

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelsay Close to Extension Deal

I really hope this doesn't turn out to be true. How can anyone at 1 Bill Drive not see the same things that we all see? He can't cover anyone, he can't rush the passer without a hand on the ground (and even then, isn't very good), he's small, slow, and easily pushed around. I don't care that this band of losers keeps voting him their captain. If anything, that's incentive to get rid of him. This is the team that's been largely indifferent about losing for most of Kelsay's tenure. If that's the kind of leadership he's providing in the locker room, count me out.

And for anyone queuing up that old chestnut, "they get paid to evaluate football players, you're just some armchair GM," here's my response: Yes, Nix et al are professional evaluators of talent, and yes, I'm an amateur. And yes, they have access to the coach's film, and know what Kelsay's assignment was on every play, and can watch practice, so they have a lot more information than I do. BUT! They are bad at their jobs, possibly incompetent. I'm not impressed by anyone's professional status unless it appears to be legitimate. If I was hired as the Bills' GM, I think the team would probably lose every year. But guess what? It already loses every year! I'm sorry, but you can't appeal to authority when that authority is a laughingstock around the league.

That settles it, Kelsay has nudie pics of Wilson. Anybody watching the game can clearly see that he's clearly overmatched, at a position in which he does not fit. Kelsay isn't even a good 4-3 DE and he's a MUCH worse 3-4 OLB. Athleticism is one thing this team needs to improve upon and if they are truly resigning this slow, unproductive OLB, then this team has more issues than most of us know.

Directions from Football Genius Buddy Nix to his crack front office staff:

"First, I'd like you guys to call your sources to see what team would like to send us a 4th rounder to rent a mentally shattered QB to sit on the bench for 14 weeks.

Then, when you're done with that, see if we can't snap up that Chris Kelsay at $6 M per year for a few more seasons. The way he's added "liability in coverage" and "missed open field tackles" to his inability to rush the passer or anchor at the point of attack has really impessed me."

Trade a guy whose contract runs out at the end of the year? Extend the biggest liability on the D side of the ball?

Who cares if it doesn't make sense to you? Who are you? Buddy Nix is a 100% "football man." He's got it all figured out.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/

Buffalo Bills outside linebacker Chris Kelsay is close to an agreement on a contract extension with the team, sources tell The News.

Kelsay, 30, is in his eighth season with the Bills and has pleased the Bills’ new regime with his transition from defensive end to outside linebacker.

:death:

This guy has been the worst player on the field other than Trent Edwards the past 2 weeks...