Bills are being laughed at on the field.

b stein 22

It's always the same for me when it comes to Whitner: I want to like the guy, but it's not quite there. I like the fact that he's upset about this, especially because I feel like not everyone on the team is. But then I come back to this: What's he going to do about it, and what's he ever done about it? He wants to be a team leader, and he talks a great game, but if he's one of your key players on D, your defense isn't going to be good enough to make the playoffs. He's a good player, but he doesn't make a big impact in any phase of the game, and he struggles to cover tight ends. Solid starter, that's about it. In fact, I don't think our D can ever be good as long as the two main leaders are Whitner and Kelsay. They are princes among losers.

Couldn't have put it any better.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Donte is a good player and I admire his passion. He at least wants to win and we need more players like that.

Now, what I would really love to see is him backing up the talk with some better play. Make that interception last week and turn their 3 into our 6. Until some people on this team make the big plays when the have the chance they will continue to lose and continue to be a laughing stock. Some players like Whitner care, and others apparently don't. Lets get rid of the ones that don't.

Okay..everyone feel better after your little rant and sh*t fest? Donte's no pro bowler but he's a good player and cares. Not his fault he was picked #11 so get over it and whine about Maybin for awhile. God what a pathetic thread.

Well you can leave because no one likes your negative feedback. I will let you off with a warning.

Edited by b stein 22

I've been a fan for 40 years and I'm laughing too. This team may go down as the worst in franchise history. You watch. This team is really bad. I mean 1984-5 bad.

This is the worst team in franchise history.

I have been a fan for 40 years and I am not laughing.

I am a fan and do not trash talk them, I watch them and hope to see something positive, but have detached myself emotionally from wins and losses.

I do NOT Billieve.

sigh......................................

Donte, pick off Brady and be a blanket on those rook TEs and we won't think YOU are a joke. Have a good game, works wonders. I usually like the guy but last week he was bad and not in a good way. Who lets Kelsey cover one of the best TEs in the game and doesn't get in there to back him up, that was joke worthy and laughable.

Wanting other teams to stop laughing at us is different from making them. I'd like to see a lot more passion from our offensive line every Sunday. Great NFL lines push back on the defense, not the other way around. When was the last time you saw our line pushing the DL back? If we did, we'd chalk up serious rushing and passing yards. We seem to be content every down to almost protect the QB or almost run block which leads to disaster. Our OLBs are inept. Maybin is an idiot and Ellison is out of position. It's not really Ellison's fault that we switched to a 3-4, we didn't have anyone else with any talent, and he isn't built for the position. Consider that Ellison is starting at OLB and you get the idea how bad we are at the position. If you're his backup, you need to rethink your life. We need new ones and short of free agency, it's the draft next April, nothing you can do. Football is a physical game and we are pathetically underweight at a lot of positions and undertalented at even more. I have few issues with Whitner except he doesn't play like a number 8 pick.

Want change? Then change starts at home. Leadership does too.

From RotoWorld today...

"Roscoe Parrish has replaced Steve Johnson as the Bills' starting flanker in two-receiver sets.

Not that it has a fantasy impact. Bills quarterbacks so are incapable, and Chan Gailey's game plans so inept, that even No. 1 receiver Lee Evans is barely worth consideration as a WR4. Parrish might have a big game at some point, but your guess is as good as ours as to when it might happen."

Ralph has been clearing long term liabilities from the books for the past several years (no stadium naming rights, no big name players with long term contracts, etc.) since he wants to make the team as attractive as possible for a buyer to move to a new city when he passes. So, while the state of the team is sad, the pending move of the team when old man Ralph move on is even sadder.

I know I am in the minority, but my feeling is many on this board use a Safety as the scapegoat. its borderline ridiculous how you hate on Whitner. The dude at least has passion for playing. Look at some of the other bums on this team like Lynch, Edwards, 2 high school Tackles, no true defensive end, and it always goes back to Whitner. That is a complete joke. A SS will never win championships (in rare cases if u get lucky with an Ed Reed or Ronnie Lott type). This team should have been drafting in the trenches all al along, not Whitners fault at all. This board gets sick of Whitner's talking, but then get annoyed with Trent because he has not responded about his benching. Donte is not half as bad as this board indicates. Huff was drafted just as high and has done nothing with the Raiders in the same draft. I will take Whitner.

Sorry. I agree, I like Whitner and it is NOT his fault. Nor is it right to put the blame on Demetrius Bell, Marcus Stroud/Dwan Edwards, or Marshawn Lynch. I would not blame ANYBODY on the Defense.

But as far as Lynch, the kid is a solid NFL RB. He showed EVERYONE that in his first 2 years, yet he has been shafted the last couple. Sure, he deserved to be suspended because he did some stupid ****. However, he is a 1st round RB and a damn good one. Fred Jackson filled in admirably and DID HIS JOB as a BACKUP RB. Lynch was rusty and was going through some pretty tough **** at the time, but most of you cannot understand that part of it...the "PERSONAL LIFE" part of the NFL. Fans don't care about that.

In the end, when all the dust settles...Marshawn Lynch is the type of every down RB a team needs to win. He seems reformed and he deserves to LOSE his job ON the field. He runs hard...give him the damn ball 25-30 times a game and ride him. He WILL make plays!

For Trent Edwards and Cornell Green...haha, GREAT call there...those 2 suck. :thumbsup:

not true

was at the game

after it was 6-0, the strong feeling was that the game was over. 

Green Bay was toying with the Bills and could have scored at will - which they did in the 2nd half. 

Most of the time they were rushing 3 and couldn't be stopped. Whenever they wanted they could send Mathews and get a sack.

It was ugly

The only way teams toy with other teams in the NFL is by running up the score. Teams are going to score any time they can, period. To suggest otherwise is pretty absurd.

To those of you who keep criticizing Donte Whitner for not being able to cover a TE: if you knew anything about the game of football you would know that a TE matched up against ANY defensive back is a favorable mismatch for the offense. Even the best defensive backs in the league are over matched against mere average TEs. That is why linebackers are supposed to be covering TEs. If you are looking for explanations as to why we can't seem to contain TEs, look no further than our extremely undersized and untalented line backer corps rather than at our exceptional secondary, which is one of the few strengths of the team (and it should be considering how we have squandered away our draft picks on those positions).

Please people I know this team is frustrating and 95% of the general populace must assign blame for anything in life that doesn't go according to their own wishes, but good grief. There are plenty of perfectly legitimate places to lay the blame for the Bills seemingly perpetual ineptitude. To actually sit there and blame those few positions where we have some talent pretty much qualifies you as a f*&^ng ret@rd.

The only way teams toy with other teams in the NFL is by running up the score. Teams are going to score any time they can, period. To suggest otherwise is pretty absurd.

To those of you who keep criticizing Donte Whitner for not being able to cover a TE: if you knew anything about the game of football you would know that a TE matched up against ANY defensive back is a favorable mismatch for the offense. Even the best defensive backs in the league are over matched against mere average TEs. That is why linebackers are supposed to be covering TEs. If you are looking for explanations as to why we can't seem to contain TEs, look no further than our extremely undersized and untalented line backer corps rather than at our exceptional secondary, which is one of the few strengths of the team (and it should be considering how we have squandered away our draft picks on those positions).

Please people I know this team is frustrating and 95% of the general populace must assign blame for anything in life that doesn't go according to their own wishes, but good grief. There are plenty of perfectly legitimate places to lay the blame for the Bills seemingly perpetual ineptitude. To actually sit there and blame those few positions where we have some talent pretty much qualifies you as a f*&^ng ret@rd.

You are very wrong about coverage.

The few elite TEs in the NFL are difficult for anyone to cover. They have a rare comdination fo size and speed. Most TE's are primarily blockers and can be covered by a Safety, some by a LB only but require saftey help on deeper patterns.

BTW -- LB's typically cannot cover as well as Safeties.

Edited by Bob in STL