Bills are being laughed at on the field.

b stein 22

I know I am in the minority, but my feeling is many on this board use a Safety as the scapegoat. its borderline ridiculous how you hate on Whitner. The dude at least has passion for playing. Look at some of the other bums on this team like Lynch, Edwards, 2 high school Tackles, no true defensive end, and it always goes back to Whitner. That is a complete joke. A SS will never win championships (in rare cases if u get lucky with an Ed Reed or Ronnie Lott type). This team should have been drafting in the trenches all al along, not Whitners fault at all. This board gets sick of Whitner's talking, but then get annoyed with Trent because he has not responded about his benching. Donte is not half as bad as this board indicates. Huff was drafted just as high and has done nothing with the Raiders in the same draft. I will take Whitner.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I am in the minority, but my feeling is many on this board use a Safety as the scapegoat. its borderline ridiculous how you hate on Whitner. The dude at least has passion for playing. Look at some of the other bums on this team like Lynch, Edwards, 2 high school Tackles, no true defensive end, and it always goes back to Whitner. That is a complete joke. A SS will never win championships (in rare cases if u get lucky with an Ed Reed or Ronnie Lott type). This team should have been drafting in the trenches all al along, not Whitners fault at all. This board gets sick of Whitner's talking, but then get annoyed with Trent because he has not responded about his benching. Donte is not half as bad as this board indicates. Huff was drafted just as high and has done nothing with the Raiders in the same draft. I will take Whitner.

i agree with you. he doesnt like to lose. he loses cuz he's on a bad team. i have zero hate for him. he's one of my faves. TO BE HONEST WITH YOU, if more bills had his passion, we would probably be better.

The Pack's laughter was merely a nervous release; they sure weren't laughing at the half! :thumbsup:

not true

was at the game

after it was 6-0, the strong feeling was that the game was over. 

Green Bay was toying with the Bills and could have scored at will - which they did in the 2nd half. 

Most of the time they were rushing 3 and couldn't be stopped. Whenever they wanted they could send Mathews and get a sack.

It was ugly

I have no idea why Whitner gets so beat up on this board either. The Bills drafted him too high, not his fault. He is in the top half of safeties in the league. He is good enough to start for a championship caliber team (I think). No he isn't a star, but all indications are that he studies the game and tries to be a leader off the field. Whitner isn't the problem.

The DEFENSE isn't the problem. Idon't even think it's the coaching. It's basically 3 positions, QB, LT and RT, that are just destroying this team, and have been for many seasons. Those are such critical positions, that they spoil the entire team.

I was laughing, too. It was comical how they couldn't stop Rodgers and Matthews. Comical. Very sad. I was laughing at Kelsay trying to cover Finley. Now THAT was funny! And sad, too. It's gonna be a long season. Then there will be a lockout. It's gonna suck for awhile.

Comedy Central should broadcast Bills games. In all seriousness, the blame rests on Wilson for being cheap and hiring "yes" men.

Originality prevails again. So, Ralph and his "cheapskate ways" have caused us to fail the last 4 drafts, keep a horrible QB as our starter with two less-than-capable back-ups and hire, reputedly, one of the best offensive minds in the game to coach a team whose major weakness was offense? Maybe the coaching situation comes into play, but the QB came down to Nix and Gailey, both of whom had their praises sung by many here on this forum prior to the season. The ineptitude may come all the way down from the top, but there is so much more than Ralphie to blame. We can win with Ralphie upstairs if the people he hires to judge talent and coach can do their jobs to a more than satisfactory level.

On the field, off the field, on TV, on the radio, on the internet, that's what happens when you are the worst team in the league and have not made the playoffs since 1999 or won a playoff game since 1995. That's what happens when your starting QB and a captain no less, gets benched after two games because he sucks so bad. They are a joke. People laugh at jokes. Don't take it so personal. They aren't laughing at you. Last time I looked, the Bills will still be cashing game checks. I don't think they care they are being laughed at. They just do not have the talent to compete. Blame the old fool at the top. End of story. It is Ralph Wilson and his cheap ass ways. Did he spend money on scouting? NO. He let Modrak run it for a decade and every draft sucked. They have failed at 10 straight drafts and 10 straight free agencies. Cheap, bad coaches, lousy coordinators, Anyone good we had, he wouldn't pay. Then he overpaid to try and cover his mistakes. They have epically failed at EVERYTHING they have done for 10 years. NO results on the field. NO playoffs. ONE year with a winning record. Everything is nickle and dime to save money and this is what we end up with. If it isn't the ONWERS fault, tehn who the hell is to frickin blame??????

Edited by kasper13

Lynch is a bum now? Not a bad post except for that horrible, horrible comment.

Good lord, who said that??

Even if he is a top 20, he is better than Greggo or Dick. Maybe I overstated that, but he was the best Offensive mind who made himself available for the position. Maybe I should take back my comments about Ralph the cheapskate as his cheapness on the coaching search made me contradict myself.

Originality prevails again. So, Ralph and his "cheapskate ways" have caused us to fail the last 4 drafts, keep a horrible QB as our starter with two less-than-capable back-ups and hire, reputedly, one of the best offensive minds in the game to coach a team whose major weakness was offense? Maybe the coaching situation comes into play, but the QB came down to Nix and Gailey, both of whom had their praises sung by many here on this forum prior to the season. The ineptitude may come all the way down from the top, but there is so much more than Ralphie to blame. We can win with Ralphie upstairs if the people he hires to judge talent and coach can do their jobs to a more than satisfactory level.

If RW had hired a real GM the first time in 2006, the Bills wouldn't be in the predicament of being a bottom 5 NFL team in 2010.

I guess if you're not an all-Pro you should just be an emotionless cliche-spewer like Edwards. The hell with that, if you're gonna be lousy at least you can acknowledge that it's embarrassing. Whitner's never gonna be a game changer but I'd rather follow a team that seems to care that they stink.