Buddy Nix Doesn't Think Much of McNabb?

Did anyone else pick up on Nix's MMQB Club question and answer session when he was asked about comparing McNabb's vettern performance in the win vesus Edwards' skitish performmance in our loss? His answer started out with something about McNabb's completion percentage (being less than or right about 50%) and said that those stats won't win you many games. Then went on to say, "I'm not a Donovan McNabb guy." He then backtracks to talk about how McNabb is a professional and has done it for a while.

I thought it was interesting that he said he wasn't a fan of McNabb, given all of the talk about trading for him in the offseason and how we were supposed to be after him. I wonder if that was true. I wonder if Nix thinks McNabb is past his expiration date so to speak.

I thought it was interesting that he said he wasn't a fan of McNabb, given all of the talk about trading for him in the offseason and how we were supposed to be after him. I wonder if that was true. I wonder if Nix thinks McNabb is past his expiration date so to speak.

Maybe he was talking trash about McNabb because McNabb wanted no part of being traded to Buffalo....I'm sure the Eagles would have rather traded him to Buffalo or Oakland than within their own division, but the Eagles decided to respect his wishes, IIRC.

Did anyone else pick up on Nix's MMQB Club question and answer session when he was asked about comparing McNabb's vettern performance in the win vesus Edwards' skitish performmance in our loss? His answer started out with something about McNabb's completion percentage (being less than or right about 50%) and said that those stats won't win you many games. Then went on to say, "I'm not a Donovan McNabb guy." He then backtracks to talk about how McNabb is a professional and has done it for a while.

Few were doubting this before.

It's just Buddy being Buddy. Remember the "15 phone calls a day" for the HC spot? No doubt if McNabb was a Bill 'ol Buddy would be up there tellin' y'all how much of a McNabb Man he has always been..

He's just propping up the decision to settle on Trent as starter for the season.

McNabb hasn't signed a contract extension with the Washington Native People's team yet.

I wonder with BRETTFARVEBRETTFARVEBRETTFARVE being on the ropes and not likely to return next year - if he even completes this season, if McNabb's former OC and current HC of the Vikes will try to persuade McNoodle to come to Minni next year for a cruise liner filled with cash and nekkid women.

That's would be poetic justice for all three clubs involved. Philly the Jason Peters tamperers who were so in love with Kold-Kocked-Kolb, Shanana and the Washington club for trading for him in the first place without a long term deal in place, and Minni - where McNoodle can go to be a hero for 15 weeks a season for the next four years.

he also points out that their offense scored only 6 points (2 FGs). their TD came from Defense. not much better production out of McNabb.

of course our 9th and 10th WR in camp were better than their #2 and #3. their WR corps beyond moss looks worthless. and their line isn't good enough for TE's to run around every play unfortunately.

McNabb hasn't signed a contract extension with the Washington Native People's team yet.

I wonder with BRETTFARVEBRETTFARVEBRETTFARVE being on the ropes and not likely to return next year - if he even completes this season, if McNabb's former OC and current HC of the Vikes will try to persuade McNoodle to come to Minni next year for a cruise liner filled with cash and nekkid women.

That's would be poetic justice for all three clubs involved. Philly the Jason Peters tamperers who were so in love with Kold-Kocked-Kolb, Shanana and the Washington club for trading for him in the first place without a long term deal in place, and Minni - where McNoodle can go to be a hero for 15 weeks a season for the next four years.

Has he been offered an extension?

Nix has said that you build through the draft. Given that the Redskins gave up a second round pick this year and a third or fourth rounder next year, and further given the volume of upgrades the Bills have to make, Buffalo couldn't afford him.

Maybe he was talking trash about McNabb because McNabb wanted no part of being traded to Buffalo....I'm sure the Eagles would have rather traded him to Buffalo or Oakland than within their own division, but the Eagles decided to respect his wishes, IIRC.

Or the explanation can be as simple as Nix & the Bills scouting staff not liking McNabb.

Has he been offered an extension?

As far as I know, he was traded to Washington with a single year remaining on his contract with The Iggles.

They have not signed him beyond that. As it stands right now, he'll be a free agent at the end of this season if they don't re-sign him.

That'll make for some interesting melodrama in some parts, if it comes to pass.

Triple-double-secret-behind-the-scenes deals sometimes have a funny way of unravelling, and I think this one could be a beaut!