Bills allegedly turned down a #3 and a player for Lynch

Kelly the Dog

I would hardly call a guy who doesn't start a great LBbut he may be an upgrade over what we got.

He's always been a starter. This is something personal between him and McCarthy. Nothing to do with his talent.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can't let Lynch leave as a free agent and get nothing. They made that mistake with T.O.

A.) Lynch is locked up until 2012, so he's not leaving anytime soon.

B.) T.O. signed a one year contract. Franchising him would have been a huge mistake imo. He is 37 years old I believe and was not heavily sought after.

Wake up and quit playing fantasy football. This team will win and soon, but did anyone realistically believe we were going to make the playoffs?

A.) Lynch is locked up until 2012, so he's not leaving anytime soon.

B.) T.O. signed a one year contract. Franchising him would have been a huge mistake imo. He is 37 years old I believe and was not heavily sought after.

Wake up and quit playing fantasy football. This team will win and soon, but did anyone realistically believe we were going to make the playoffs?

Prior to the end of last season, they could have traded T.O. for a bottle of gatorade and gotten MORE than what they ended up getting by letting him play his contract out.

Prior to the end of last season, they could have traded T.O. for a bottle of gatorade and gotten MORE than what they ended up getting by letting him play his contract out.

Bingo. It was a terrible (non)-move. Even a 7th round pick would have been better than the nothing we got with him.

Bingo. It was a terrible (non)-move. Even a 7th round pick would have been better than the nothing we got with him.

But that's what this Bills Organization does...They're simply not up to speed with some of the other FO's around the league...No big surprise there when your working on a decade of non-playoff football... B-)

You mean like when they had worked out trading Dockery to Detroit for a 7th rounder and then decided it wasn't worth the time to fax the paperwork into the league office? :pirate: Dockery flies to Detroit for a physical, gets a call from his agent he's a free agent, and bolts to Washington before his suitcase hits the luggage carousel...

From what I understand the tickets sales really went up right after TO signed. And when is the trading deadline, week 8 or something? So you wanted Ralph to give a big post trade finger to all the fans who bought tickets to see TO? There's a smart move.

I'd be suprised if we move Lynch because it seems that this front office is making a commitment to the guys on the roster. The team will be built like the steelers, where the players feel more like a family and less like pawns, where they get cut when they get outplayed on the field. I think some folks here will need some time to get used to it, but oh well. As I've said before, the key is to draft guys that can be signed to a second contract, without that we will be in the same trouble we're in now.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh

so who have the Bills drafted in the 3rd round in the last 10 years who is worth a damn?

Trent used to be the trendy pick, but not so much lately.

Well, therein lies the problem. You're using the Bills as your benchmark for measuring this statement. The Bills have had trouble drafting 1st rounders and 2nd rounders, let alone 3rd rounders, but it would be better to look at how other teams have done with 3rd round draft picks. The Bills seem to have a penchant for getting UDFA, but otherwise, not doing so well. Last year's draft seems to be a pretty good one so far, and this year's draft will take a couple years to determine it's effectiveness and long-term value. But I understand your point...

Well, therein lies the problem. You're using the Bills as your benchmark for measuring this statement. The Bills have had trouble drafting 1st rounders and 2nd rounders, let alone 3rd rounders, but it would be better to look at how other teams have done with 3rd round draft picks. The Bills seem to have a penchant for getting UDFA, but otherwise, not doing so well. Last year's draft seems to be a pretty good one so far, and this year's draft will take a couple years to determine it's effectiveness and long-term value. But I understand your point...

Another way of thinking about this is that the Bills have room on their roster for UDFAs because they've done such a poor job drafting.

The core of the team today should be:

• JP Losman (bust)
  • Lee Evans (1st string)
  • Roscoe Parrish (2nd string)
  • Kevin Everett (gone injury)
  • Marshawn Lynch (3rd string) / Willis McGahee (gone)
  • Mike Williams (bust)
  • Donte Whitner (1st string)
  • Ashton Youboty (3rd string)
  • Tim Anderson (bust)
  • John McCargo (Capt Inactive/bust)
  • Chris Kelsay (1st string, :lol:)

Edit: That list is a hit ratio of 3/12 (only 25%). (Many would argue that Kelsay should not be a team leader and "success" because of his poor play, yet he is.) The Bills aren't very good because they draft badly.

Edited by Sisyphean Bills

Didn't he lead our team in receptions and yardage... Seeing we were the worst offence in the league it's not saying much, but to say for a bottle of gatorade. Would that mean Lee Evans is worth a can of Wegman's cola! You seem more biased towards T.O. then his performance on the field. The guy actual played fairly well and kept his mouth shut. This team has a lot of problems but not trading a player nobody was interested in is dumb. You sound like an idiot and I mean this in the nicest way.

There is a lot of stupid in this thread and the stupid is being based off of a rumor which amazingly makes it more stupid.

Seriously, how the hell do you think you can trade a guy on a one year contract?

Edited by jeremy2020

There is a lot of stupid in this thread and the stupid is being based off of a rumor which amazingly makes it more stupid.

Seriously, how the hell do you think you can trade a guy on a one year contract?

Lynch is signed through 2012, although that's a voidable year. So he's signed through 2011 at least.

Lynch is involved how? That is in response to the 'We should have traded TO'

Reading the *whole* thread will help if you reply.

The thread is about Lynch. If you are talking about someone else (read: T.O.), it wlll help if you quote the post to which you are referring.

Hope that helps. If you need any more assistance, keep doing what you're doing.

Seeing how T.O. got a 1 year 2 million dollar contract, exactly which teams would have traded him when he was tagged with a 1 year 8-9 million dollar deal?