Early line for Miami game

DonInBuffalo

Means they think that the Fins are 6 points better then the Bills but they cut it down to 3 because the Bills are at home (Betters count home field with 3 points to the home team). All in all its not a bad line enticing enough to bet on either team.

hmmm...I'm sorry, I'm just remember back to opening 30 years ago next Tuesday, when the heavily favored Dolphins came in to start the season and got surprised by an upstart Bills team that wasn't expected to do much.

I mean, realistically, do you think the bills should be favored?

You mean, that you realistically belive, that they shouldn't be?

Pass the pipe please. Although I am really glad they are the dogs,

I hope it stays that way, but something tells me that this will end up being

a pick-em game,the Bills might end up being slight favorites.

Edited by Cookiemonster

Means they think that the Fins are 6 points better then the Bills but they cut it down to 3 because the Bills are at home (Betters count home field with 3 points to the home team). All in all its not a bad line enticing enough to bet on either team.

Which is the #1 goal of the oddsmakers.

Which is the #1 goal of the oddsmakers.

Even money on both sides - correct - and they win the middle either way.

Keep in mind, therefore, that the line reflects the overall opinion of the two teams in the betting public, not some "expert" opinion.

People have all been reading/hearing all the national nonsense that completely ignores the facts about the Bills every year.

"They're going 2-14 because they have a tough division." (as if they were in a different division last year), and this Miami Sun Sentinel guy today - great stuff - "The Bills were 3-13 last year and will probably be the same this year". Uhm - OK - good research there, dude - and he actually has won national sportswriter awards - yikes!

The line is based on what people reading this stuff are likely to think.

Edited by BobChalmers

hmmm...I'm sorry, I'm just remember back to opening 30 years ago next Tuesday, when the heavily favored Dolphins came in to start the season and got surprised by an upstart Bills team that wasn't expected to do much.

Was that the game where the fans tore down the goalposts to celebrate the win and passed the goalposts up to the owners box?

If the Bills can stop the running of Brown and Williams they will win the game.

They get a lead early and take Miami out their running game we should win.

It depends on how big the lead is. If you are down 7-0, 10-0 in the 1st QTR you can still run the ball and we haven't proved we can stop the run yet.

Was that the game where the fans tore down the goalposts to celebrate the win and passed the goalposts up to the owners box?

You betcha it was.

One of the three greatest games I was at as a Bills fan, along with 51-3 and The Comeback (yes I was there, I was in a box so there was no reason to leave when I had pizza wings to drowned my halftime sorrows :P )

EDIT: Superbowl 25 should have been one of them, buuuutttt.

Honestly, from where I was sitting at Tampa Stadium, for a moment, it looked good.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Holy crap do I feel old now. That was the one and only proffesional football game I ever attended. I was seven, and have almost zero memory of the game, except I remember it being very cold. Of course I'm from OK where it is still 95 degrees in September, so I'm sure it wasn't the slightest bit cold to the Bills Nation. I knew nothing of the goal post thing until my dad reminded me of it years later.

I just watched a video of the 1990 AFCE home field clencher against the dolphins. The crowd tried taking the post down after that game too. I don't know if they got it or not.

Greatest fans on earth!!! I expect all you roudy mutha@#$%uhs to take the posts down AGAIN next week, alright!?!? Okay, maybe you should wait till we clench hime field advantage. I sure think that goal post is overdue for replacement! Damn I'm excited for this season to begin!

LETS GO BUFFALO!!! Squish them fish.

I see a buffalo win against Miami! Frankly I am coming to believe we can be pretty darn good this year. Right now it seems like everyone ...EVERYONE...out there is of the opinion that this is the worst team in football regardless of how well we played in the preseason. I think that will pay off in the first game or two. After that i think we'll get a little more respect and the teams will be taking us seriously. We gonna beat dem Dolphins...