Tight End Problem

LABills08

Per Allen Wilson's Twitter, Matthews just got injured, tweaked his ankle. With Schouman and Nelson out, Stupar is the only one left.

That aint good.

Oh my. I wonder if Stupar will make the 53 man roster? Perhaps someone should start a thread discussing that "possibility"

Martin Rucker was signed by the Cowboys two days ago. Damn.

Doesn't sound like he's doing that well considering he was let go from the Bucs for failing a physical. Probably not the guy we need to jump right in to the lineup.

As far as I can tell, Michael Gaines is out there. He showed glimpses of talent while he was here and would at least be a body until we get Nelson back.

I think LJ Smith is available too. Not sure what his deal is. He was injured a lot last season, not sure if he's still broke.

Doesn't sound like he's doing that well considering he was let go from the Bucs for failing a physical. Probably not the guy we need to jump right in to the lineup.

You may be right, but based on how great he looked in college, I'd be all for taking a flier on him. People were writing off Vernon Davis a year or two ago, too.

Chris Brown from BB.com chimes in with his "realistic" TE options for the Bills.

http://blogs.buffalo...tic-te-options/

I didn't realize that Colin Peek was released recently from Atlanta, I really liked him coming out of college and he does have connections with Gailey. Methinks thats our man.

Edited by BillsGuyInOrchardPark

Chris Brown from BB.com chimes in with his "realistic" TE options for the Bills.

I didn't realize that Colin Peek was released recently from Atlanta, I really liked him coming out of college and he does have connections with Gailey. Methinks thats our man.

I think J.P. Foschi also has a connection to Chan at Georgia Tech. Sean Ryan worked with Gailey in Kansas City as well. That said of the realistic options that Brown blogged about I don't really like any of them but am partial to Gaines because he was pretty decent when he was here.

Edited by The Jokeman

Guest dog14787

I'll bet your correct BillsGuy

Edited by dog14787

This would be my prediction too. Maybe Gaines too.

Aaron Wilson of the Carroll County Times, citing sports agent Ralph Cindrich as his source, is reporting that the Buffalo Bills have agreed to terms with free agent tight end J.P. Foschi.

Could have been worse. I imagine that Schouman may be IR'd or cut. And Foschi plays for four games and then is waived after Nelson returns unless he plays lights out.

Kind of surprised that nothing has been done yet.

You have to wonder what kind of poker games are being played - on one hand if you are an agent getting a call from the Bills you know they are over a barrel right now. On the other hand, your client is out of work and needs to sign somewhere. Maybe Brown's list was intended to send a message to agents that there are options out there for the Bills...

Yup, just got the text.

I like the Bills text alerts b/c the news always seems to hit there first, but when they send texts that say "Bills sign TE JP Foschi" I want ot text back with "please only send me news that matters, I get charged per text msg!". I mean, that wasn't worth 10 cents...

I like the Bills text alerts b/c the news always seems to hit there first, but when they send texts that say "Bills sign TE JP Foschi" I want ot text back with "please only send me news that matters, I get charged per text msg!". I mean, that wasn't worth 10 cents...

I get redundant texts because I get Tweets and text alerts. I got 5 texts saying they signed the new TE.

I get redundant texts because I get Tweets and text alerts. I got 5 texts saying they signed the new TE.

We may still be looking for one as Matthews was waived today. Jesus. Not that he was all that great but now we need a big blocker.

Bills TE Michael Matthews has been placed on the waived/injured list.

Matthews suffered an undisclosed injury in practice Monday. If he clears waivers he'll go on season ending injured reserve.

http://blogs.buffalo...atthews-waived/

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog