Questions and tips about the new board...

SDS

I just tried the vote this post feature for the heck of it. I got a message saying I had used my "quota" even though I have never tried it before.

answered earlier, part of a to be implemented reputation system

on another note, when I clicked on the earlier post's URL (upper right corner), I was asked to temporarily allow scripted windows. Is there an IE 8 setting to always allow this function?

Edited by In-A-Gadda-Levitre

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting the same thing. No idea what it is. I didn't notice it this morning.

I think it's a green box that says "Loading" ... but it flashes so quick its hard to tell.

I think it is this issue:

Love the new look, but one small problem I have noticed so far.

Every time you go to the next page in a thread, the shoutbox reappears for a second, before going back to minimized. Not a huge deal, but it does get a little annoying having to wait every time you load a new page.

Before if it was minimized, it would stay that way. Any way to change that back?

Solved by this:

you can also change it so the shoutbox is a tab on the menu bar by opening the box and clicking on the preference button. that removes the shoutbox from the top of the board.

I'm getting the same thing. No idea what it is. I didn't notice it this morning.

I think it's a green box that says "Loading" ... but it flashes so quick its hard to tell.

Yeah, it looks like some sort of loading thing, but I wonder what is loading. Maybe someone posted in the thread while I was reading?

OK, if this is true it could be an issue.

While the 30 minute limit of editing posts is probably a fine idea, it seems as though it may be interfering with the OP's ability to kill a thread.

Just FYI really.

While the 30 minute limit of editing posts is probably a fine idea, it seems as though it may be interfering with the OP's ability to kill a thread.

Just FYI really.

The ability to delete a particular post is still there after 30 mins, I'd expect that to be the case for threads (but I don't start many, so I don't know that for fact).

The 30 min time frame does seem pretty short to tweak a post or, as someone else posted earlier, to tone down (tone up? :devil: ) a critique of another poster.

The ability to delete a particular post is still there after 30 mins, I'd expect that to be the case for threads (but I don't start many, so I don't know that for fact).

The 30 min time frame does seem pretty short to tweak a post or, as someone else posted earlier, to tone down (tone up? :devil: ) a critique of another poster.

OOPS. My bad, once again.

But let me try to save my point, in a way.

It seems the OP has lost the ability to change the subject of the thread. That is something the mods (especially Fearless Leader) requests of the OP from time to time.

How'd I do?

It seems the OP has lost the ability to change the subject of the thread. That is something the mods (especially Fearless Leader) requests of the OP from time to time.

How'd I do?

Works for me. :thumbsup:

To get the results as posts and not topics, you have to use the advanced search function, and choose to have the results as posts. The advanced search option is to the right of the red magnifying glass. It looks like a gear, or a "configuration" icon.

Thanks Dean.

Question:

I tried to change my signature, actually making it a bit shorter. I was informed that the max line for a sig is 5 lines.

What gives, FL?

I bumped it to 10.

How do you ignore a user? I'm missing that option.

In the drop down menu under your name in the upper right.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=members&area=ignoredusers

Might be a dumb question but I don't know the answer. How do you get a picture for your avatar? Where do you go? I looked but I don't know where to go.

Thanks in advance.

Looks like you figured it out... :thumbsup:

How'd I do?

This shouldn't be true. Try hover the mouse over the title and look for an icon to appear off to the right....

Just FYI really.

An OP can always kill their thread.

How can I keep getting one email per board visit per topic that I posted on........I now have about 100 on this one topic.

I'm not sure that is an option, so I would just go for the "Daily Digest"...

Don't mean to keep complaining, but there seems to be no option to jump to a page in a lengthy thread once you are in it. Only previous and next.

I'll see if someone makes a low data, bare-bones skin. Right now, I don't have one and the most I'll probably be able to get to is making the current mobile skin fit the color scheme.

An OP can always kill their thread.

I'm not sure that is an option, so I would just go for the "Daily Digest"...

I'll see if someone makes a low data, bare-bones skin. Right now, I don't have one and the most I'll probably be able to get to is making the current mobile skin fit the color scheme.

OK, but the emails are still saying this:

If you have configured in your control panel to receive immediate topic reply notifications, you may receive an

email for each reply made to this topic. Otherwise, only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic.

This is to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox.

Guest dog14787

Not sure what limiting the time frame for editing accomplishes. If someones made a mistake in something they've posted its nice to be able to go back and correct it.

The only alternative now would be to delete the whole post, so no, this 30 minute time frame to edit makes zero sense to me.

There is a poll on the main page. When I first opened it there was a 'disclaimer' stating that it was a public poll and others would be able to see how I voted. After voting I poked around and couldn't find a way to see how I or anyone else voted. Obviously not a huge deal, just askin whether this function is available. (probably better if it's not :D )