Missed the game!

Shaky start on the first few plays: sack, bad pass...

But then settled down nicely and played well.

Wasn't shy or afraid with the ball, put the ball up for the receivers to go get.

Threw a few nice, quick slants.

Beautiful sideline pass to Chad Jackson for 26 yards.

Overall, he didn't make a bunch of big plays or anything, but he managed the game,

kept the chains moving, and looked pretty poised and confident.

Brohm looked pretty good. He was very decisive, got rid of the ball quickly, took shots downfield. Good stuff, overall. He even threw nice quick slants and moved well in the pocket. He wasn't perfect, but the guy hasn't played in quite a while. For his first performance of the year, I was fairly impressed.

Overall, he didn't make a bunch of big plays or anything, but he managed the game,

kept the chains moving, and looked pretty poised and confident.

I agree with everything you say, but could we just eliminate "poised" from the vocabulary of QB evaluation? The whole thing smacks of a Miss America pageant. Save it for the people who don't know what they're talking about when Mark Sanchez is inexplicably unsuccessful at costing his team a game.

Thanks, good to hear from TSW on this. Did he show enough to move past Fitz? I think the kid has lots of upside, but needs to show he can lead this team...and it sounds like he didn't hurt his cause tonight.

He helped his cause quite a bit, I think. His upside looks to be much greater than Fitz (who is what he is) and maybe even Trent. If he has a similar or better performance next week, he makes the team, IMO.

Guest dog14787
Brohm looked pretty good. He was very decisive, got rid of the ball quickly, took shots downfield. Good stuff, overall. He even threw nice quick slants and moved well in the pocket. He wasn't perfect, but the guy hasn't played in quite a while. For his first performance of the year, I was fairly impressed.

Folks get so much of a thrill from the the long ball TD, myself included, anything else pales in comparison.

In truth though, If you take the long strike to Evans out of the equation, Brohm played just as good as TE,

The running game really has me tickled pink,

CJ Spiller has a nose for the endzone and he showed it tonight...

Folks get so much of a thrill from the the long ball TD, myself included, anything else pales in comparison.

In truth though, If you take the long strike to Evans out of the equation, Brohm played just as good as TE,

What surprised me the most was that Trent actually threw the long ball. As much as I hate to say it, Trent played pretty well. Brohm didn't hurt himself tonight but I don't think he unseats Trent.

If you take away Trents bomb to Lee then Brohm out played him. That was a great pass to Lee from Trent but outside of that he was pretty ineffective and should have had a pick on that terrible pass to a blanketed Evans on the 2nd series but the DB dropped it. Other than that pass, Trent did not really do much else...wasn't a bad outing for Trent but he wasn't really impressive either than that one pass.

If you take away Trents bomb to Lee then Brohm out played him. That was a great pass to Lee from Trent but outside of that he was pretty ineffective and should have had a pick on that terrible pass to a blanketed Evans on the 2nd series but the DB dropped it. Other than that pass, Trent did not really do much else...wasn't a bad outing for Trent but he wasn't really impressive either than that one pass.

I hate to say it, but the bad pass to Lee represents progress for Trent, IMO. Not the bad pass part, but the fact that he let it go before Lee was looking back. He made a bad decision, as Lee was really blanketed, but at least he gave it a shot.

EDIT: Also should mention the incompletion to Steve Johnson in the 2nd Q, when SJ was interfered with. The pass was good (not perfect) and Trent threw it downfield despite decent coverage. I consider that progress.

I hate to say it, but the bad pass to Lee represents progress for Trent, IMO. Not the bad pass part, but the fact that he let it go before Lee was looking back. He made a bad decision, as Lee was really blanketed, but at least he gave it a shot.

Yeah I see your point...however he had a guy open between him and Lee and that gives me continued concerns of his field vision. I will say that the bomb to Lee at least did not have a ton of air on it which was encouraging.

I do agree too about that pass to Stevie

Guest dog14787
Yeah I see your point...however he had a guy open between him and Lee and that gives me continued concerns of his field vision. I will say that the bomb to Lee at least did not have a ton of air on it which was encouraging.

I also liked the way Trent gunned the ball in there to Evans, it was a long dart :w00t:

I also liked the way Trent gunned the ball in there to Evans, it was a long dart :w00t:

It certainly got there a lot faster than i'm used to see from Trent! Makes all the difference as it doesn't give DB's as much of an opportunity to react.

Guest dog14787
It certainly got there a lot faster than i'm used to see from Trent! Makes all the difference as it doesn't give DB's as much of an opportunity to react.

You heard Gailey yelling encouragement to his signal callers on the Miked up clip at half time (from a previous practice) encouraging them to throw the ball with some authority.

These guys are really buying in to what Chan the man Gailey is preaching and its starting to show...

i see you are in playa del rey. Is The Shack still open? I had some good times there.

i see you are in playa del rey. Is The Shack still open? I had some good times there.

Ah the shack! I actually live on the beach right behind The Shack...I had walked over and had a shack burger for lunch today...it's still going strong. They had their annual chili cook off last weekend

Edit: looks like my girl and I are gonna walk down and meet some friends for drinks...small world...

Ah the shack! I actually live on the beach right behind The Shack...I had walked over and had a shack burger for lunch today...it's still going strong. They had their annual chili cook off last weekend

:w00t:

Guest dog14787
wait... so we had TWO qbs who performed well against the COLTS??? This cant be the Buffalo Bills

Actually, even Levi can feel good about his game tonight

I agree with you. Except for the one TD by Trent, he was his normal, short dump off passes, and deer in the headlight look. Brohm look confident, composed (not poised), and handled blitzes well. He should be given opportunity to run the show. I would rather watch Brohm screw up, then Trent blow the game each week.

Shaky start on the first few plays: sack, bad pass...

But then settled down nicely and played well.

On the first play he had an End in his lap in about 2.5 seconds and on the second Hangartner short-hopped a snap that he did a great job handling. No fault of his, I think he was fine from the get-go.

Thanks, good to hear from TSW on this. Did he show enough to move past Fitz?

Fitz is nowhere in the same league as Brohm's upside and one of these round of cuts will support that statement very soon I think.

I agree with you. Except for the one TD by Trent, he was his normal, short dump off passes, and deer in the headlight look.

You cannot be serious. Gailey calls hitches, screens and bubbles all night and you're going to give the QB grief for executing the playcall? Not to mention he took more than one hard shot tonight and kept standing in there without hesitation. That analysis is nothing more than preconceived notion.

On the first play he had an End in his lap in about 2.5 seconds and on the second Hangartner short-hopped a snap that he did a great job handling. No fault of his, I think he was fine from the get-go.

Fitz is nowhere in the same league as Brohm's upside and one of these round of cuts will support that statement very soon I think.

You cannot be serious. Gailey calls hitches, screens and bubbles all night and you're going to give the QB grief for executing the playcall? Not to mention he took more than one hard shot tonight and kept standing in there without hesitation. That analysis is nothing more than preconceived notion.

+1

really, trent looked good and so did brohm. i'm encouraged by gailey's adjustments, and again, gailey's offensive play calling. it seems like this year we're going to be putting a lot more points on the board than to what we've grown accustomed.

It's more import to be right than win. I don't care who starts as long as they win. Brohm, Edwards, Levi, Ftiz or if Bruce Smith decides to play QB as long they play well, who cares what name is on the jersey?

Brohm looks way more like an NFL QB should look. He made quick decisive decisions, had velocity on all his passes, showed he can make all the throws, short, meduim, long, ins, outs, slants, receiver covered or not.

Brohm is a lot better package than Trent. It's not going to be too long before Brohm is the starting QB for the Bills.

I agree with everything you say, but could we just eliminate "poised" from the vocabulary of QB evaluation? The whole thing smacks of a Miss America pageant. Save it for the people who don't know what they're talking about when Mark Sanchez is inexplicably unsuccessful at costing his team a game.

Poise? I have no problem with that word when evaluating QB play. All the great ones have it. It's an aura of confident leadership, contagious to his teammates. Does Trent play with poise?

Therein lies the definition, IMO.

To the OP's question, we officially have a QB controversy.

EDIT: Also should mention the incompletion to Steve Johnson in the 2nd Q, when SJ was interfered with. The pass was good (not perfect) and Trent threw it downfield despite decent coverage. I consider that progress.

Didn't Trent get leveled as he made that throw? Anyway, you know I agree with you on the "taking a chance" part. That's the biggest part of Trent's game that needed improvement. Small steps...

I have not been a fan of TE. I know it's preseason and all, but tonight I show some things that I have never really seen in TE. I seen a more composed and confident QB, a QB who was willing to throw the ball down field with zip and authority. I didn't see a "trentative" QB. Perhaps Gailey is "coaching him up" to be an effective QB. Time will tell. I really did like what I saw and it's very encouraging.

I liked the performance of BB too. He looked a little "raw" out there.I think that is to be expected. He threw a lot of safe passes but nevertheless he appears to have an upside. I believe with some more solid play he will become our Number # 2 QB.

I hope we get to see more productive play from our QB's in the next two preseason games. Maybe this can path the way for the regular season?

BB looked unpolished but made some solid throws. That being said, he missed plenty of chances with poor throws.

I wasnt impressed with TE either btw so im not playhing favorites.

Really?

I thought both played pretty well and the intangibles of TE were very good for a change. (ie) he didn't crumble after he got his bell wrung.

Normally, I am the one being pessimistic so this is kind of "new territory" for me. I just call them like I see them and I liked what I say last night.

Really?

I thought both played pretty well and the intangibles of TE were very good for a change. (ie) he didn't crumble after he got his bell wrung.

Normally, I am the one being pessimistic so this is kind of "new territory" for me. I just call them like I see them and I liked what I say last night.

well yea, TE makes a good throw on completely blown coverage for a TD....aside from that nothing to get excited about. A solid performance by him and BB.

TE did take a good shot and get back up but i think we are excited bc normally he shares genes with Tim Connolly and gets knocked out but instead on this play he gets back up. Again, thats a hit you should get up from.

BB - great velocity, poise, but missed some real opportunities to create a QB controversy. You wanna be a #1 NFL qb you gotta hit one of those fades, there was room toward the sideline. Granted, one of those ....to the top of the TV screen was flat out dropped.

TE is still #1, BB prob takes #2 for now.

I'd like to see Brohm with the ones. He didn't need his WR's to be wide open in order to throw the ball. He was decisive and knew where his 2nd 3rd and 4th reads were. Unlike Trent who's progressions go from 1 and then 4.

I'm not saying that he's the second coming of Montana but he showed what Trent has yet to in his 4 years.

Poise? I have no problem with that word when evaluating QB play. All the great ones have it. It's an aura of confident leadership, contagious to his teammates. Does Trent play with poise?

Therein lies the definition, IMO.

To the OP's question, we officially have a QB controversy.

Who cares about poise? I want to know if he's got The Chroise.

Brohm looks way more like an NFL QB should look. He made quick decisive decisions, had velocity on all his passes, showed he can make all the throws, short, meduim, long, ins, outs, slants, receiver covered or not.

Brohm is a lot better package than Trent. It's not going to be too long before Brohm is the starting QB for the Bills.

Well except for a screen pass. Didn't get that one on target... It you did not know all the history and only saw this game, I would think the impression would have been that either of these 2 QB's appear capable of leading the offense, and Brown looks as green as he is...

Excellent point. It's obviously a self-confidence issue that he is slowly overcoming. Seeing that bad pass was horrific and pleasing at the same time. Sort of like my golf game.