Some guys who impressed tonight

folz

Besides our QBs and C.J., some guys who I thought played well tonight:

No surprises here, but good to see:

Leodis McKelvin (tight coverage)

Kyle Williams (Looked good in the middle, still penetrating)

Ashton Youboty (A man among boys playing with the 2s and 3s)

Roscoe Parrish (He might be our real #2 even if he's working out of the slot)

Young guys coming on?

Joique Bell (Wow, 11 for 80 and a TD, nice blitz pickup)

Naaman Roosevelt (A few nice grabs, sure hands)

Chad Jackson (This kid is sick of moving around, he wants it, 5 for 52)

Chris Ellis (3 solo tkls, 2 assists...he was around the ball a lot)

Dominique Harris (3 tackles, sack forced fumble play, the kid hits hard)

Anyone else jump out to you tonight?

Young guys coming on?

Pretty good list. Ellis has some really nice athleticism for a big dude. Think he finds a way onto the field somehow. Youboty looked very solid. Gotta think he is ahead of Corner at this point. Was pretty happy with everyone of note. Only negative was Poz. He looked really slow, hopefully he is not 100% yet.

Pretty good list. Ellis has some really nice athleticism for a big dude. Think he finds a way onto the field somehow. Youboty looked very solid. Gotta think he is ahead of Corner at this point. Was pretty happy with everyone of note. Only negative was Poz. He looked really slow, hopefully he is not 100% yet.

Lankster was a negative, too.

Didnt even see Corner out there. Did he play? Drayton getting called 3 times for holding, bad. Ashton always looks good in preseason, but still was impressive.

Poz was a little rusty. Mental aspect is a bigger problem than physically. Got held on one play bad and it didnt get called.

Impressive:

Wood- Great to see him out there, buried Freeney on one play.

K Williams- Beast.

Leodis- Looked like the best corner on the team. Fantastic sign.

Callagan- Always impresses me, Like to see him get a shot with the 2s or 1s

I really want Youboty to make this team. I know he is running out of chances, but if he stays healthy, he is going to be a very good player, for someone. His open field tackle was a thing of beauty....if he could add some meat to his frame, he would make a damn good safety, I think. He is fast, and very physical.

One guy I might add to your list is Marcus Stroud. He looks like he is ready to have a good season. Perhaps the shift will help him.

Lots of nice performances tonight. Although it was disappointing that Brohm couldn't get the team in the endzone, I thought he played pretty well overall. He looked comfortable. Strong arm, just not super accurate... but he looks like an NFL QB. I am a sucker for the old stand in the pocket type guys, although I know that is not the style most teams prefer anymore. Looks like old Al Davis and I are alone on an island....

Poz always looks bad coming off of an injury. Last year in the Toronto game against the Jets he was a month or so removed from a broken arm and he looked aweful he had like 5-6 tackles for an MLB playing the whole game. Then the next week against the Chiefs he looked like a beast and played a lot better then that Jet game for pretty much the rest of the year. (Yeah it was the Chiefs but he looked like a totally different player).

Chan Gailey. Team was ready to play and it looks like we may have some offense! I think we're still a little behind on the talent curve, especially at OT. But I think He'll do a MUCH better job of utilizing our talent than old Dickie-J. playcalling appears significantly better in preseason game 2 than it did most of last season.

Young guys coming on?

I thought D. Bell looked really good on the series he played, really good pass protection and didnt give freeny anything

Young guys coming on?

I am really impressed with the teams depth at RB ans WR. Lot's of good young guys. Looks forward to seeing Naaman return some punts, he looked like a wiley vetran hauling them in for fair catches though.

Moorman. His punts were solid as always, but more impressive to me was him going after the returner. On Indy's long punt return (2nd series?) he was the last man between the runner and the endzone. Granted, the guy was headed out of bounds, but Moorman actually looked like a football player going for the tackle, and he made a nice effort to punch the ball out of the runner's arms. I absolutely cannot stand to see most kickers/punters attempting a tackle. They usually look quite foolish - as do most QBs after an interception.

They need to get him on the field. Very worried he leaves after the season, gets moved to SS, manages to stay healthy, and turns into a Pro Bowler.

After watching Whitner take another terrible angle last night, I am done with him. We know what we're losing if Whitner walks after the season (not much). Get Youboty on the field.

The whole D-line to me honestly looked impressive. They seem to be able to generate pressure much better than in recent years, even when the LB's don't come in. They are holding up well against the interior running game too...

Young guys coming on?

I dunno, sometimes he looked confused, sometimes he just looked unable to get open. He's too fast to be unable to get separation, especially against Indy's scrubs. He made that one nice catch from BB, but the rest were dinks and dunks. I think he's got to play well on specials to make the team, because right now he's behind Evans, Johnson, Parrish, maybe Hardy (if he'd ever play - hard to say there), and potentially even Nelson, not to mention all these other bums he's fighting against (Roosevelt, Rhea, Jones).

Lankster just punched his last ticket Amigo. That scoring drive was 2 plays, 81 yds---ALL LANKSTER

Trent looked good once he got de-helmeted

I disagree. Go back and watch it. The first play his coverage was nearly perfect, the WR just make a great play on the ball. The second one he blew it, but he's got the skills to play the position, he's just young and raw. I think he makes the squad. Can he get PS'ed?