Lori Chase

Guest dog14787

TG was treated horribly by a few choice a-holes and we all lost a great resource. TG wasn't thinned skinned and gave as good as he got like JW does (thank God he still posts) but TSW abused TG. I hope he returns and I hope Lori returns with him.

Who is TG?

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to hear this about Lori...She was one of the best things about TSW...Her info and knowledge was second to none around here...

Unfortunately I have to agree with those who feel the overall quality of this Community has dipped over the past couple years...I find it to be a bit sad...I do think it's a direct reflection of following a Football Team that can be beyond frustrating to support...But that's still no excuse to be rude, inconsiderate, etc...

I sincerely hope Lori has a change of heart in time... :worthy:

TG was treated horribly by a few choice a-holes and we all lost a great resource. TG wasn't thinned skinned and gave as good as he got like JW does (thank God he still posts) but TSW abused TG. I hope he returns and I hope Lori returns with him.

Unfortunately TBD is crawling with webtards who feel compelled to pump their miserably low self esteem at the expense of others. Unfortunately for them, hiding behind internet anonymity doesn't diminish their douche baggery!

It's pretty interesting seeing some of the true old timers coming out of the woodwork in this thread.

Hopefully Lori responds to all the warm wishers and comes back to this zoo. If she doesn't hold the title of best TSW poster, she's gotta be damn close to getting that title fight. And I expect she'd win it too.

I first started coming to this board about 10 years ago and it really was a nice place to come for not only Bills' news, but to connect with folks (be it local or transplanted) who share that western New York mentality. Over the past few years the camaraderie has faded and the board has become a place to get your spelling mistakes corrected and opinions trashed if you are not "in the clique". It was only a matter of time before something like this happened.

True. Not sure about the clique stuff but there are lots of insults thrown around.

Guest dog14787
Who is TG?

Tim Graham is a sports journalist from ESPN who was gracious enough to come on board and answer question for folks here on TSW, that is until a select few individuals I suppose thought it was cool to disrespect someone of his stature. Why not, all he has is an Alias to go by, nothing can come back on them. Tim Grahahm on the other hand doesn't have that luxury and in a business where reputation means everything there's only so much BS a person can take.

So Tim Graham decided to leave TSW, and all the folks here that enjoyed communicating with Tim suffered the consequences of a select few individuals actions. Myself personally, I didn't always agree with Mr.Grahahm, but I thoroughly enjoyed debating with someone or reading the comments from someone that clearly knows the game of Football much better then I do. Tim tried to take the time to answer everyone's question regardless of how insignificant they may seem and he gave us an insight from the eyes and mind of one of the best sports Journalist in the Country.

Tim, if you happen to read this post/thread, although I can't guarantee there won't be a few rotten apples you may find here from time to time, the majority of us here on TSW have a genuine appreciation for your contributions and would love to have you back again.

I don't know Lori like some of you do but I liked her posts and she was always a respectful poster with lots of facts and insights. The few times she answered my posts she was very nice and made you think.

I really thought it was cool that Tim Graham spent time on this board. I can understand why a professional writer would get tired of it given some of the shots that he took.

Two good people indeed.

She overreacted after Tim Graham overreacted, and the end result doesn't surprise me. It is not like having a phone or being confronted in person- they are words that can easily be ignored but are chosen not to be. I read the 'infamous posts', and they were not as bad as you make them out to be- i.e. the very worst of fan responses akin to a Philly fan. She was very upset that he left, and evidently couldn't cope with him not being here. That's not an issue with TBD posters; that is an issue she has to deal with.

Also, I mentioned before that if there was truly an effort to make him feel totally comfortable, then the rules should have been strictly enforced, but they were not, and people were still allowed to post there.

I know I'm going to get blasted from some, but as a party not involved in this I could see this maelstrom for what it was.

I'm sorry, cause I know this will pry come off wrong, but TC and LC were people....that's all. Fine, they had some insight into the Bills organization that was good to discuss, but again...they were just regular people. I find it strange to see these threads almost begging for them to come back that almost elevates them to a level above everyone else.

The reality of it is, this is a forum. And like any forum, there are going to be good, respectful people who offer great insight and respectfully challenging conversations. And then there are the ignorant trolls and others who use the disguise of the web to talk like a bad ass.

This is common knowledge of any forum. So if they, or anyone leaves because of the latter, then they never should have been on here in the first place. It's just reality that you are going to meet good and bad people.

I have nothing personal against either of these people and I would say this about anyone on any forum out there. This forum is not a job, except for the mods and they know what they got themselves into. This is a open environment for people, with different views and personalities, to express their opinions. Knowing that there will be "skoobys" out there is the price of admission.

With that, yes it would be great to see their opinions again, but not in a way where it should make anyone feel like they have to walk on eggshells.

Guest dog14787
She overreacted after Tim Graham overreacted, and the end result doesn't surprise me. It is not like having a phone or being confronted in person- they are words that can easily be ignored but are chosen not to be. I read the 'infamous posts', and they were not as bad as you make them out to be- i.e. the very worst of fan responses akin to a Philly fan. She was very upset that he left, and evidently couldn't cope with him not being here. That's not an issue with TBD posters; that is an issue she has to deal with.

Also, I mentioned before that if there was truly an effort to make him feel totally comfortable, then the rules should have been strictly enforced, but they were not, and people were still allowed to post there.

I know I'm going to get blasted from some, but as a party not involved in this I could see this maelstrom for what it was.

It was accumulative and I've seen some bad accusations tossed around from time to time, some even involving Lori, some getting way to personal and totally inappropriate for a sports forum.

It was not overreacting in my opinion, Lori took it personal because it was personal, it was getting fed up with the constant barrage of BS and leaving if you ask me.

These rules you talk about, you know you try to give folks enough leeway so they can express themselves openly while still protecting the integrity of the Forum as a whole and its a constant balancing act. I for one think this forum is very well moderated and applaud SDS and the rest of the folks here on TSW that participate in making this forum the best sports forum on the internet.

I saw the posts, and it was what I thought precipitated his departure. Is that so?

I was talking about Lori's departure.

And I only have fragments of information so I can't go any further.

I was only objecting to your sequence of causes and affects.

Your take was pretty solid, as an outside observer.